News - Reader comments

Apple iPads and iPhone 5c were Black Friday's best performers

04 December, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple iPads and iPhone 5c were Black Friday's best performers - read the full textThe sales of Apple's latest tablet, the iPad Air saw a growth of 51% during the past weekend, according to a report from Localytics. The fact that the device has been on sale for just over a month along with Black Friday promotional offers drove the spike in sales of Apple's latest...

 

Sort by:

And I forgont.
I do have a laptop. And a desktop. I still use them for serious stuff but the rest of the time the tablet is perfect for media consuption and light gaming.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-07 15:04
  • mVAc

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2013-12-05 11:27 from vaN} - click to readJust got a Nexus 7. Perfect companion to my Nexus 4, which now starts gathering dust as soon as I get home. When I'm on the couch, the phone stays put, I only use it when I'm out.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-07 14:53
  • mVAc

after christmas it's dropping 62% so what...

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-07 07:06
  • pEgy

Be logical, the sales were only high because Apple is too expensive for people to afford it in the usual days. The "Black Friday Top Performer" is not an award, it just tells us that which product was too expensive for people to buy it on normal days, not wait for one specific day in the whole year.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 18:45
  • YY1$
  • absolutely tabulous
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2013-12-05 11:27 from vaN} - click to readI bought a fire sale HP TouchPad because it was a convenient and reasonably capable 'couch browser' at an impulse-buy price. Threw Cyanogen boot option on there as well. The new iPad mini would be a more comfortable size, but not at current prices.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 18:14
  • qbnL

No iphone
No itunes
No NSA

love my 5 inch Blackberry Z30 with stereo sound. best
smartphone I ever used :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 17:34
  • ixM2

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2013-12-05 11:27 from vaN} - click to readI think you miss the point. The iPad is not meant to replace your PC but your Filofax. I see the iPad like a very smart agenda. Keeping notes (that I can handwrite), setting reminders, doing shopping lists, managing my expenses, setting appointments, checking and answering emails. On top of that I can have my favorite music and some good books. Or read something interesting on the internet. And all that in a small device that I can easily carry with me wherever I go. Try using a PC like an agenda and you'll see the point I'm trying to make. You simply cannot be with your laptop wherever you go, it's not practical.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 16:15
  • YQtj

> In reply to Rahul Biswas @ 2013-12-05 06:36 from w4hy - click to readApple sells a lot but that's not true that everybody likes Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 15:14
  • gyfE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-05 01:01 from PIW1 - click to readyou mixed it with iOS (closed and limited world), but good enough to protect you from mistakes

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 14:47
  • ixum

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2013-12-05 11:27 from vaN} - click to read Like tablets,so don't talk.What's that to you?

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 11:30
  • gyfE

> In reply to Pete @ 2013-12-05 01:26 from sSV4 - click to readTotally agree, I always warn people to not buy tablets, waste of money. There are millions and millions of tablets out there doing nothing but collecting dust, and millions more of tablet owners forcing themselves to use those things because "i been told this is supposed to be good". Too bad only a few of us have the balls to stand up and tell the truth, that we regret wasting money on tablets.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 11:27
  • vaN}

Android product = Go to a restaurant and they serve you tons of bland food & choices, you think its worth it as it seems alot.

Apple product = Go to a restaurant and they serve you tasty food with only a few selection, and you think its worth it because its tasty.

Either way, you get filled, but one leaves bad taste in your mouth at the expanse of more cash in your wallet..

This sale is the best of both worlds!

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 09:56
  • PGXj

iPhone 5S

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 07:26
  • 9Bc{

Apple is The King of Maeket .. Everybody Loves Apple ..If You r Using Apple than You wont Go for Anything ..

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 06:36
  • w4hy

> In reply to [deleted post]What do you know about technology?I think you believe that playing with widgets is a professional job?Ha Ha.

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 06:17
  • gyfE

> In reply to Pete @ 2013-12-05 01:26 from sSV4 - click to readmove out bro, nothing can replace ur desktop when ur desires are big as cloud
even laptops cant replace desktop for some people like me, who love to play the latest games and install new graphic cards
Its definitely based on WHAT YOU REALLY WANT

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 05:28
  • t}yr

> In reply to zuko235 @ 2013-12-05 05:09 from uHMV - click to readu please move on with ur laggy androids.
iphone/Xperias/HTC all three have good build quality and are premium devices.
Hope sony and htc move from laggy android and adopt to better windows os or sailfish os

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 05:24
  • t}yr

> In reply to brynn @ 2013-12-04 22:08 from sXmY - click to read2.5 year old apple is better and long lasting than the high end androids

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 05:21
  • t}yr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-04 22:37 from IiEY - click to readIm glad you said MOST
Because my Z1 feels premium...
I deal with iphones 3G - 5s every day and i dont get what premium feel you are talking about
BUT that is my OPINION
Most Apple users I know are moving to Android but others are to set in thier ways
Apple need to make a NEW phone and Drop the I products

  • Reply
  • 2013-12-05 05:09
  • uHMV

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.