News - Reader comments

Samsung to launch Galaxy S5 with iris scanner by April

09 January, 2014 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung to launch Galaxy S5 with iris scanner by April - read the full textA VP at Samsung has confirmed the company will be launching its latest smartphones flagship, the Galaxy S5, by April. The executive vice president of mobile business at Samsung - Lee Young Hee - has shed some light on company's future plans about the Galaxy S5 flagship. Just like its Galaxy S4...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to bla @ 2014-01-11 13:16 from JxyE - click to readRight...Because within the next couple months the S4, Note 3, S3, Note 2, S4 and S3 mini, and giving high possible chance of various other even low end devices will all have Android 4.4KitKat....But they don't update.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 12:10
  • 4QSR

> In reply to maani @ 2014-01-12 07:32 from B}fV - click to readBecause despite people like you here in reality that plastic has many advantages in durability, practicality, and heat. As well as accessibility, and many people find the design just fine. And every other company has found a design scheme they stick to and they are not always so much better. Nor are they as ergonomic.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 12:09
  • 4QSR

I don't think that is good idea, I usually unlock my phone twenty to thirty times a day, I would not do that with my eyes, it is not healthy even if Samsung confirmed the safety.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 11:35
  • phfZ

I bought samsung S IV(Galaxy I9500) on 31.08.2013.Now the mobile is getting switched off frequently and the battery has to be replaced and it will take a week for getting the spare battery.getting the spare of samsung should be made easy

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:48
  • utGf

I got my Galaxy S4 last June 2013,and I love it.I will buy the S5 even I dont know what to do in my S4. I love Samsung

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 09:42
  • UD{8

> In reply to SxS @ 2014-01-12 02:37 from Xu@{ - click to readI'd like to know which iphone has an iris scanner since you say its just copy of an iphone feature.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 08:35
  • 9DiD

hope see big change in design for Galaxy S5 and case material I am not happy with my NOT3 design and case material. it seems so cheap. why Samsung reaped and repeat this ugly design?

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 07:32
  • B}fV

alas this too copy of iPhone. omg when will Samsung stops xeroxing...

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 02:37
  • Xu@{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-11 14:27 from 7j}h - click to readLOL at your comment

btw I currently owned an iPhone 5c not 5S. Anyway it wont open at all till the real owner of it pin his/her finger on it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 18:02
  • v0qT

> In reply to Abaddon-ISJ5 @ 2014-01-11 12:50 from v0qT - click to readWhat if so many pressing your iPhone 5s fingerprint scanner.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 14:27
  • 7j}h

i wont buy samsung anymore, no updates.
go for nexus !

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 13:16
  • JxyE

Hmmm... what if is so many looking at your S5? What would be happend on it?

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 12:50
  • v0qT

No mobile compare with Galaxy s4,note 3,s5. because it have countless features than other phone.
you can prove from own to check on gsmarena. samsung is so INNOVATIVE& POWERFUL.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 11:57
  • t1$C

samsung galaxy s2&3&4 is the best spec. but if have no radio i can't buy this because this is boring. hahahaha

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 11:36
  • wYJx

You Samsung haters are pathetic. Most of you have probably never even used a galaxy phone so to get some attention you make inflated opinions about things your little minds can't comprehend. Just stop it already and the rest who say: people "like" sony and htc more than Samsung, that's a little strange to me because the sales show that Samsung sells more phones than both of them combined. So while it may sound like you're intelligent in some way, your logic speaks for itself and you're just spouting utter rubbish

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 08:58
  • 9KgP

Nice, I had joked year ago that SGS5 will scan your eyes.
Fingermarks database and now this...
Any password without encryption could be easily cracked, no one will even bruteforce - so what purpose of Iris scan? Except PRISM of course.
Goodbye Samsung, FVEY slave.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 01:57
  • pRUn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-10 06:57 from PGXj - click to readFunny lol that's why everyone is releasing phablets since samsung came up with the note even Apple is working on a phablet lol, samsung hater.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-10 21:10
  • 3iJC

I think the Iris Scanner sounds really awesome in theory...But would never be comfortable actualling using it. Maybe....maybe...maybe on a custom ROM where they can almost guarantee they possibly block off any miss use of it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-10 19:20
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-10 18:31 from PEHx - click to readHow about not. I understand it's preference and not everyone likes those...But most do and it can be very handy. And why on Earth would they replace the menu button.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-10 19:19
  • 4QSR

Start off by having capacitive not physical buttons. I don't care if it's on screen or not . Having to press the button is horrible for Android. Also, replace the menu with a multitask button

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-10 18:31
  • PEHx

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.