News - Reader comments

Sony in talks with Microsoft to develop Windows Phones

10 January, 2014 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony in talks with Microsoft to develop Windows Phones - read the full textAccording to Sony Mobile head for Europe, Pierre Perron, who spoke to TechRadar Sony is in talks with Microsoft to deliver a Windows Phone device. He says Sony is in talks with "other partners, including Microsoft" for a broader Sony spectrum. "We don't want to be a single OS manufacturer" said...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Marco M @ 2014-01-13 12:04 from 5i4e - click to readsearch xperia t2

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-31 12:51
  • uurB

is it true then ill buy it
it should have walkman player

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-20 12:48
  • ut$U

I'm eagerly waiting for the launch of first most awaiting sony windows smart phone 8 . I love Sony Brand , Now it isa most exciting

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-20 06:08
  • t}gq

Let's hope so. And please make it available i several sizes with same internals, such as Z1 and Z1 compact. All I miss there is a Z1 in 6". The Z Ultra is just a tad bit too big, and the 5" too small. A 6" phone - with narrow bezels - is perfect.

Something for everyone, 4,5 and 6" (essentially small, medium and large).

Sony design and design features are great, no doubt. But the bezels could be trimmed a bit.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 12:04
  • 5i4e

Windows Mobile is such an excellent OS - love it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 09:07
  • XrCG

This is nice.

If they made a successor to the Xperia Pro, it would be unreal.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 00:51
  • Fv4$

This is a blunder and a possible leap backwards.
Vulnerability of Windows...
Maybe not on the lower end devices.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 17:07
  • N7DX

> In reply to paco1x @ 2014-01-12 02:30 from PvXu - click to readHow could you say the whole community of android users thieves??? If you don't like it, say something with logic....maybe some users likes piracy but that's not the whole user community.

Say, if I call you a thief, because you use a windows PC which too has a capability of install anything outside it's OS marketplace???

it's the same, android gives you choice, it depends on you what you wants to be.

again, if all users of android are pirates, then why developers are making more and more apps on android..??

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 13:19
  • KAek

> In reply to eriuqse @ 2014-01-11 14:38 from t5Da - click to readGood joke :P

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 13:05
  • KAek

I just want 2 things: an FM radio plus the original WALKMAN App on their version of WP8

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 12:55
  • LFAb

Come on, do it and call it Z Ultra 2.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:15
  • 0ZUQ

> In reply to HOLLY @ 2014-01-12 08:50 from PScY - click to readWell, Sony outscores Samsung without an OS, bet on it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:14
  • 0ZUQ

I don't want that. Even in android he can't pass that Samsung

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 08:50
  • PScY

> In reply to cheebc @ 2014-01-11 18:46 from KZ8x - click to readwell that's possible since Elop will kill the Xbox soon, allowing PS to rule the gaming division.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 08:21
  • vj1N

Has Sony missed the fact that W8 ran Nokia into the ground? I worked for P4u and whilst I was there contracts for w8 phones gave the best incentives(commission)> Still, I refused to sell them as 9/10 times the customer would come back with the phone, either hating it or it being faulty which would lead to a huge time spunk and a complaint which further reduced our commissions.

For a Pc, the most stable, the fastest, the best os by far is Linux. Do I use it? No. There is no support, games or programs written for it. On a PC I use Windows because in need PS and another host of utilities that aren't made for linux. Now with phones,Android has 68% of the market share, Apple has 19% and Windows 3%. Who's going to have the best apps and functionality?

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 07:16
  • mx%@

> In reply to myoujin @ 2014-01-12 04:21 from uCmh - click to readexactly.you are right.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 06:56
  • 3JD8

> In reply to brynn @ 2014-01-12 03:58 from dQHf - click to readMaybe people that using apple and samsung come from regular people that just follow trend? They know very less about their device. They just got poisoned by commercials and friends. They don't read/research about their device on net. Most of them don't even know gsmarena exist.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 04:21
  • uCmh

> In reply to Jack @ 2014-01-12 03:25 from y$gV - click to readIts a pity Sony did not snatch up WEB O/S back then as that was a superb O/S just had poor hardware..

I have noticed the minute Sony or Nokia do something or release a phone voting/hits/comments/opinions go right off the scale.Yet Samsung and apple are biggest players it seems odd??

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 03:58
  • dQHf

What a shame Sony is not in a position to make Blackberry mobiles, something the market definitely needs with another manufacturer say under license. It is needed given the massive issues with other OS's being so insecure and is leading to global hacking issues such as we are already seeing.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 03:25
  • y$gV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-11 23:06 from tVwd - click to readThere is nothing wrong with Android OS.

It is just because Samsung is very poor in customizing the Android software to suit its hardware!

Samsung is only good making hardware and extremely poor in software/firmware.

If possible get Google's version of Samsung devices, it will avoid any hanging issue.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 02:48
  • ibcM

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.