News - Reader comments

Samsung responds to Knox vulnerability accusations

11 January, 2014 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung responds to Knox vulnerability accusations - read the full textSamsung Knox security software is continuously gaining popularity among the corporate businesses. And while the US Department of Defense was considering using the Knox-protected Galaxy S4 for its staff, cyber security researchers at Ben Gurion University of the Negev in Israel discovered a serious...

 

Sort by:

According to the latest vulnerability that was found, it seems that the VPN solution is not relevant. see cyber.bgu.ac.il

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-19 10:37
  • n2na

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 22:29 from 3$2a - click to readI believe you are incorrect if you read the entire article.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 15:02
  • y$gV

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 04:40 from 3$vn - click to readInteresting - you even discredit your own arguments - and when you loose the argument against yourself you resort to emotional outburst. Are you sure you are not a Samsung security designer. Oppps, in fact I should be churlish like you (yes it know it is a big word but you will find it in the dictionary) but there is absolutely no argument that Blackberry has the best security

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 11:53
  • y$gV

> In reply to oujisan @ 2014-01-12 22:13 from fqnI - click to readWhen Apple (or BB, or other) allow you to uninstall the security from your lovely iphone. Then come here and do your whining about Knox, again.
Samsung have the best security and have been nominated as No 1 in the enterprise. (see ABI Research)

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 22:29
  • 3$2a

First off.. I downloaded the 4.3 update for my S4 then knox came with i downloaded the 400MB file size app for it which you cant uninstall afterwards...

its crap its just a launcher if set up right yes sure why not seperate work from play but its anoying pop up saying there is a app accessing my root but doesnt f ing tell me what app it just kills the app.

you need the option to allow us to uninstall it (with password of course). i can still steal someones phone and knox cant do shit about it. sure the emails are protected but nothing else on the phone is. and majority of people will not use it. or set it up right. plus why must it be on the notification area we keep hitting it by accident

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 22:13
  • fqnI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-12 19:10 from Ibxa - click to readWhy?
Actually they(you) have "great success", fighting with my comfortably-deleted posts.
What is next? To ban me without real reason?
ROTFL

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 21:46
  • 3$2a

> In reply to Gelvin - Maximus @ 2014-01-12 18:50 from sSP1 - click to readWhy are you wasting your time with this guy? You would have more success, and intelligent conversation, debating with a rock.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 19:10
  • Ibxa

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 18:17 from 3$2a - click to readLet me quote your arguments in that other comment. "Like Knox, like benchmarks, they all are lies spread by Apple fanboys. Samsung is supreme in security. Samsung is number one if you are talking about mobile security and enterprises termed it as #1 while iOS is second and Blackberry is third." Furthermore, you said "I am not a fan of any specific brand. I just do not like lies over internet about something which is actually not true."

So first, I will start with your previous arguments since you are asking for it:

- Knox security is termed as best worldwide by main enterprises and when it is being said it is best, Apple paid people to spread lies about it over the internet that it is not and it got security holes. Isn't it idiotic to state that "Apple" is behind it? Call me an Apple supporter or anything but one thing is for sure is that you are lacking knowledge and commonsense. If something is termed as "best". It's then tested by professionals to check if it is really "best". Now professionals are 'paid' to check the system. They would be checking each and every aspect of the codes from source code to system code whether if it's powerful enough to keep financial records of an individual or there are security holes. They found holes inside it. Some serious holes which Samsung is not aware of or might be but hiding o avoid loss. What matter here is, they have found out security breaches in Knox which was later tested by "Other professionals" to check to see if they really are holes or not.

There are then two aspects. If the previous professionals were right about the problem, then it will be posted in the form of a news worldwide so others can also read the facts and figures and other professionals may have an idea on what the problem is. If it's not true then it will simple be denied and kept as a secret of not-so--big-news as it never existed and it was done by mistake. Case is, it's found out that there are security problems in Knox. It was posted worldwide. Others have read the problems who have knowledge(professional as well as doctorate) to check to see if that's even true or just false. Later-on, there must be debates over the matter then it would be decided about it being vulnerable or not. Nothing comes out in against the current decision about the security holes from any side of the world which means "it's the REAL problem" not some paid-to-post lies.

- Secondly, Samsung caught cheating in benchmarks. How exactly? It's just benchmarks showing how much maximum a device can perform, right? Then how it is cheating? Simple! Samsung coded Galaxy S4 and Note 3 in such a way that they boost their performance to the maximum potential while opening a "benchmark" app. An app which proves how powerful a device is. Does it matter? Of course not. What matters is it's practical performance. A device is showing it's maximum performance under a "fixed name" while not showing much of performance for the same program under a different name. Isn't that cheating to show what it can do at a program where consuming RAW power doesn't matter but doesn't show what truly it do while running the programs which requires RAW power. Get it?

- Third of all, you said you are not a fanboy of any brand while I repeat again. You call everyone an Apple zombie etc whoever says anything against Samsung or doesn't like Samsung or post something that is saying something against Samsung. Doesn't it automatically make you a Samsung boy? You failed and lied in your own statement. How can you expect me to have a sensible debate with you. Then later on, you said you have tons of arguments while I just prove aforesaid about what is the reason behind it.

Now to your this post. I never said I am a fan of nothing. I am a pure "Nokia" fan. What I know is, you are one of those who doesn't like to see their beloved brand getting bashed worldwide for the wrong it does and then you stand up supporting it like it's the best thing done to humanity. Think again. There are people in the world who knows the right and wrong and have more knowledge over you. Saying just "best" this and that doesn't prove your point. Grow up and learn to accept facts.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 18:50
  • sSP1

> In reply to Gelvin - Maximus @ 2014-01-12 18:02 from sSPc - click to readSorry, but my comments with my arguments are deleted.
How the normal ppl(if left any), can see WHO: you or I , is more reasonable and telling the truth???And who is trying to manipulate? Who use dirty tricks?(by this your comment I see that answered to my deleted post, not the one you pretend)
Or who is the devoted fan ? Me or you.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 18:17
  • 3$2a

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 17:36 from 3$2a - click to readI have tons of arguments. I rather debate with a person who is sensible and have knowledge and guts to accept and talk about facts rather than a person who is too much blind in his favorite brand that he will deny a given fact and call out everyone as trolls/liars etc. That suits you. What funny is, your previous comment is deleted like others. It just proves who is more sensible here...

People here at GSMArena have been monitoring comments for years now. You think they'll delete your comments because they are in favor of Samsung? Pff! Did you even read what you are writing? You claimed your comments are fans-free but what funny is you call everyone an "I" bot who doesn't like Samsung or is saying something against Samsung.... Having a bad day or something? Yet! This also proves me debating with you WILL be a waste since you are too much blind about Samsung....

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 18:02
  • sSPc

> In reply to Gelvin - Maximus @ 2014-01-12 16:30 from sSPc - click to readOr:
"I quickly thought that "Oh! I have no more argumens" better delete..."

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 17:36
  • 3$2a

> In reply to [deleted post]I was thinking to read your whole comment and replied to it but as I saw this "There was no reason GSMarena to delete my comments - except of they were also involved in this"

I quickly thought that "Oh! A blind fanboy" better hide...

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 16:30
  • sSPc

> In reply to r @ 2014-01-12 11:12 from PAXY - click to readOkey...

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 11:30
  • v0qT

> In reply to Abaddon-ISJ5 @ 2014-01-12 10:21 from v0qT - click to readMate. i was telling that to Ms. Be cool.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 11:12
  • PAXY

> In reply to Jack @ 2014-01-12 03:19 from y$gV - click to readSorry for including MS. I did not use any of their product... I keeping my self for commenting about the product that I never used or sow. Btw I also used and own playbook and storm 2. Do I need to agree more?

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:30
  • v0qT

> In reply to r @ 2014-01-12 07:52 from PAXY - click to readHehe... Samsung Fans acuse me from that same term of Famboyism... Im not agree with that... Stop using that dialog again and AGAIN!

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:21
  • v0qT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-12 05:53 from 4sjH - click to readExactly! 80% of his comments are deleted. This is the problem with Samsung fanboys. They only want to see themselves as always right while rest are wrong no matter what they think. Even though, denying a factual report as well as picking up certain lines to prove ones own point while ignoring the entire article completely... Sounds like a paid fanboy LOL

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:07
  • sSPH

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 04:40 from 3$vn - click to readYou mad or something? Clearly shows you haven't read the entire article. Only read up a certain line and posted that as a "Win" for you. While saying Samsung is best in security will not change the facts. While, another fact is, "only" you saying that will not change anything. Everybody here knows what's going on. Who cheats in benchmarking :)

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 10:05
  • sSPH

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 04:40 from 3$vn - click to readtroll of the year

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 07:52
  • PAXY

> In reply to Be Cool @ 2014-01-12 04:40 from 3$vn - click to readOnly a brainwashed fanboy like you can read the statement: "Even so, BlackBerry is still considered the gold standard in enterprise security supported by recent BES enhancements for multi-OS and dual-persona device management" and conclude the exact opposite just to prove a point. How much is Samsung paying you to write this tripe? They should lower your salary because you're embarrassing yourself and Samsung. Stop and think. There's a reason GSMA keeps deleting your worthless comments. LOL.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-12 05:53
  • 4sjH

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.