rohit, 15 Apr 2014Hey, after updating is there any lag in ur 520? Hardly any. Currently using it on Lumia 520
I have lumia 720. I have downloaded 'preview for developer. Registered on it but still unable to update to windows 8.1
Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to my phone (Nokia Lumia 620). But,I didn't get the app "Cortana". I changed the settings required, but didn't work. May I know the reason for that?? Or, what can I do to get 'Cortana"????
download preview for developer-open it -click on learn more- then click on developer for app studio- next page on top start new project- put your windows id and password- sign in then accept the terms n condition- then exit
again open preview for developer... accept terms ...then enable it ..it will aSK FOR YOUR ID N PASSWORD ... put it... n it will be succesfull... then go to phones setting... on phone update... and check for updates ...NOTE there are three updates... do sure all three get installed...thnx
AbHiSeK01, 18 Apr 2014How can i update for My Lumia720. please revert... Here is the procedure...
1. Go to appstudio.windowsphone.com/ and login using your Microsoft account (if u dont have an ms account, create one at outlook.com and login into appstudio with the credentials created)
2. After login, register at the site.
3. From your windows phone-> windows store, search and download "Preview for developers" app and login using Microsoft account, which you had used to register at appstudio site.
4. In your phone settings-> phone update, check for update (remember to turn on wifi before that)
5. The updates are not cumulative. You need to install 3 updates (assuming you have Lumia black update at present) one at a time. I.e after every update installation, you need to go to settings-> phone update and repeat the check. Third time you are into windows 8.1
For activating Cortana,
Settings-> language, tap and hold on your current language.
1. Change language settings to English united states
2. Change region settings to united states
3. Settings-> phone update, check for update. It would install Cortana.
Time estimate : 1 hour for all of the above installation.
Cheers happy windowing!!!
Windows 8.1 Mobile Edition will not be available to the public until summer. In order to get the software now, you must register as a developer and download some software. You'll be able to find it on dev.windowsphone.com.
updated successfully..good features but some in my opinion really silly as it looks like copying from android ..i have lumia 925 .. after update the battery backup is really bad , xbox games can't connect ..i don't understand also why they get the games icons out of xbox icon .hope all get fixed in the official version.
It is rocking... Excellent on my Lumia 720!!! Plethora of features... No more a catching game for Microsoft... Cortana is able to understand my accent...! IE Rocks! Accurate swipe keyboard! And loads more!