News - Reader comments

Galaxy S5 outsells iPhone 5s over launch weekend

24 April, 2014 | Read the news | Post your comment
Galaxy S5 outsells iPhone 5s over launch weekend - read the full textThe Samsung Galaxy S5 scored more sales in its launch weekend than the iPhone 5s in its respective period. More specifically, the Galaxy S5 snug 25% and 18% of the smartphone market share in the USA and Canada for that period. The iPhone 5s did slightly worse at 18% market share in the US and 13%...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-26 06:17 from 8B}p - click to readThat was not your point. At least not the point you portrayed.
The point you portrayed in you thinking you are so smart was that because HTC uses less functions and over a couple minutes has a few seconds speed advantage that somehow that means the S5 is a horrible laggy piece of crap.....

Completely illogical and fanboyish. That's your first contradiction of the point you actually made there.

Now the second one you claim you are saying is that stock Android is better....But you originally claimed that the S5 was crap and HTC was way better.
Contradiction of yourself number two.

And to say Touchwiz is unoptimized in comparison to Android is to say Android is unoptimized in comparison to IOS.

Everyone claims touchwiz is so heavy and laggy, but in reality it works extremely well and only looses a couple seconds, but adds many more things.
Most of which is optional and lots can not only just not be used, but be disabled.

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-27 02:49
  • 4QSR

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 17:09 from 8B}p - click to readIt is not accurate at all, even in their own tests the results differ a lot for the same phone. It is however likely that with default settings of having all the additional features on the galaxy s5 is slightly slower. A proper test would have done a minimum of two runs, one with all options off and one with all on.

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-27 01:50
  • mpgb

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-26 06:17 from 8B}p - click to readYou complain about old phones getting updates after new ones but you have a brand new one. You can complain about this in 2 years but not now.

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-27 00:48
  • mpgb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-26 02:07 from 4QSR - click to readHahaha I'm smart and amazing but not for the things that you are saying hahaha... But thanks for recognize that dude... Now seriously ... My point is : vanilla android is the perfect experience... Touch wiz have some cool features yeah... But first of all : they are very heavy ... So that slowdown the phone.,, samsung have to do a better optimization job with touchwiz , and don't forget... The softwares update take forever to come... To devices of more than 1 1/2 year of release... That is a bad policy ... They need to change that stuff... I'm not biased , I own a Nexus 5 and I'm saying its not a perfect phone, and the iPhone 5s to... It's too far to be a perfect phone,,, the m8 have some bad design : the power button on top is a very bad place , The camera is definitely the weak point in this phone... Any phone is perfect ... But make a really unbiased opinion and don't sucking socks of manufactures is our jobs , our tech geek jobs ... So put your weapons down hahaha

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-26 06:17
  • 8B}p

> In reply to RedBlazer @ 2014-04-25 23:17 from qUTq - click to readThats what I say, Similar specs... Same processor , why so difference in performance ? It's exactly my point... you don't know how to read? Or you can just undertstand an argument ... I get a life... You go and get a brain

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-26 06:05
  • 8B}p

> In reply to RedBlazer @ 2014-04-25 23:17 from qUTq - click to readNo. They think they are so smart and amazing because they can watch a video that shows that since sense has many less functions it gains a few seconds advantage in a speed test.
And that makes the logical thought that somehow that means the S5 must be complete crap....

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-26 02:07
  • 4QSR

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 17:09 from 8B}p - click to readYeah um....Plenty of people use the features. Plenty of people don't. Plenty use only some. It's quite simple logic actually. And the same is said about any phone and any feature.
The fact is with Samsung you have the option. And even with all them on it does not slow down the device a lot.
That was a few second over a period of 2 1/2 minutes....OMG I MIGHT DIE. Plus you can disable and not use most things....
Where as with HTC you basically have no choice in the matter.
In that same sense would you choose an Iphone over the M8 or say that it's just made better?

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-26 02:06
  • 4QSR

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 07:35 from 8B}p - click to readGet a friggin life! They use the same processor

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 23:17
  • qUTq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 08:27 from 4QSR - click to readThis the study explaining how many use owners do to the magical gimmick features In the galaxy phones http://www.phonedog.com/2014/0...study-shows/

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 17:11
  • 8B}p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 08:27 from 4QSR - click to readLess option and features that nobody use in the real world ... There is a study that reveals that Galaxy s4 owners use about 9,4 minutes at month using all that "magical and wonderful features that you saying " 9,4 minutes at month , relative nothing... And about the video ... Did you watch this video ? http://youtu.be/nQDcfrBS6-c is really surprising how two phones M8 and S5 with very similar specs have so many difference in terms of speed .. About 13 seconds behind... And that is a LOT time , if you are a samsung fan !that's your life man ... Hahaha I'm just saying... Samsung got to do something with touchwiz and do it soon

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 17:09
  • 8B}p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 08:27 from 4QSR - click to readwell .. everyone likes sames features ..

like two mail apps , two voice apps , two browsers , two calendars etc etc..

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 09:05
  • Fumd

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 07:56 from 8B}p - click to readAnd good for you. I went and watched a couple videos...
Congratulations Sense using many less options and features has a few second advantage against the S5 with many of it's features running.

That must mean everything you and all jealous haters say...Wow......

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 08:27
  • 4QSR

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 07:56 from 8B}p - click to readExcuse me dude. Telling people to go watch a video and do so without links just so you can say something great is a crappy laggy piece of crap...Is not proof or fact. It is you having some biased jealousy problem....Yet you actually think that is fact???? Are you seriously that delusional???? Or just that much a troll?

You claim you don't have a jealous problem and only speaking facts....and that I am the one with the bias issue...But you are the one making a very exaggerated bash and then praising everything else around the S5 as being way better...I am a tech geek. I'm also a reality and facts geek. Everyone has their pros and cons. Everyone has their preferences. All those do not change fact. Or what you just did.
If you are not a fanboy you sure have a funny way of showing...unless you are just a hater?

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 08:02
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 07:41 from 4QSR - click to readExcuse me dude, but I posted proof about what I'm saying ... It's not my personal opinion , is there in YouTube ... You can watch it... And about the sales number between 5s and s5 it's true more shipments doesn't mean effective sales, in apple case ... Can have a more realistic numbers, because they control almost every aspect of the phone , including : distribution and sales... about jealousy ... Why? I own a nexus 5 and an 5s , every OS have his pros and cons, so I use both . I'm a not a fanboy or any brand , just a tech geek like probably you are, excuse me if a hurt your samsung biased feeling...hahaha (just kidding) ... I own a nexus but I consider right now the Z2 and the M8 the best android phones out there , I'm not claiming that the nexus 5 rocks and is the best... I'm saying the m8 is for me (not a camera phone fanboy ) the best phone out there

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 07:56
  • 8B}p

> In reply to PaoloDroid @ 2014-04-25 07:35 from 8B}p - click to readYou know...Not for nothing....But you really should not tell people to open their eyes and cry in shame over something....
When you are the one posting non biased exaggerating things to suite your own personal opinion showing signs of your own jealousy.

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 07:41
  • 4QSR

> In reply to ..IIIII.. @ 2014-04-25 03:54 from GAdX - click to readDude, its not for nothing,, but the S5 is a very crappy laggy phone, if you watch in YouTube speed test head to head versus the M8... You can open your eyes, and then , you can cry a river because the M8 mop the floor with the s5... Even the 5s win in the comparison , just look phone buff channel and prepare the tissues... Other thing... In samsung case , more shipments doesn't mean an effective sale... The phone can freeze in the shelf forever, in apple case, the numbers is an effective sale... Cheers

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 07:35
  • 8B}p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 05:20 from Fumd - click to readOh wow...A little division with bloggers.....end of the world.
What scam are they involved in? Have you ever heard of ios? Iphone? Courts? Macs? Patents?

Take your pic. Did you even read anything I posted that would give you at least some of the basics on this issue?

Oh wait no. You just trolled onto this page let the hive mind speak.

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 05:45
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-24 16:12 from 4QSR - click to readlol.. whats the scam does apple is involved ?
it was samsung who is involved in paid blogging and fake sales figures , no apple..

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 05:20
  • Fumd

Doesn't matter. Still in love with my LG G2. G2 FTW! LOL

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 05:18
  • v3A4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 02:06 from 4QSR - click to readexactly =)

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-25 03:58
  • GAdX

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.