News - Reader comments

KDDI launches the new HTC J Butterfly in Japan

31 July, 2014 | Read the news | Post your comment
KDDI launches the new HTC J Butterfly in Japan - read the full textJapanese carrier KDDI has announced a new version of the HTC J Butterfly. This one is based on the HTC One M8 sold elsewhere in the world but with a few changes. First of all, the phone is waterproof, as practically all phones in Japan tend to be. In order to get the phone to be waterproof...

 

Sort by:

HTC said that there are some things under that bottom bezel so they couldn't put the hardware keys there.

  • Reply
  • 2014-08-13 08:32
  • 0GW$

Why does Japan always get the best phones? :D

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 19:06
  • pN1B

can anyone inform me the price
how much it will cost
plz its a request

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 18:19
  • fCx2

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&a­mp;tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=U­TF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.kddi.com%2Fkddi%2Fc­orporate%2Fnewsrelease%2F2014%2F07%2F31%2F539.ht­ml&edit-text=&act=url

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 18:08
  • PAm7

LOL! HTC's phone becomes longer and longer.. it looks even much longer then the butterfly s ROFL

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 16:58
  • RxXs

Bring it to Australia please

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 16:49
  • Xr0D

Camera is not just about megaixels. I'd seen photos from this 13Mp camera, and the quality of the photo is better in HTC M8.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 16:07
  • JqnT

> In reply to Codeplayer @ 2014-07-31 13:49 from nUv$ - click to readYou sir, are rich enough to buy so many speakers. And yet you want your phone to provide a great camera. Wow. You've won the internet for the day. An average camera with decent output is sufficient for smartphones. For other purposes, we have the real cameras.
Yes I agree on whatever else you say, and HTC is getting there with their phones.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 14:47
  • 2SU6

> In reply to Graz @ 2014-07-31 09:38 from 9AfS - click to readI hear you buddy... On screen buttons are just not the way to go... In fact I miss the hardware keys and the optical trackpad on my HTC Desire. HTC please bring back capacitive keys at least.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 14:28
  • KAB5

> In reply to Lovethen @ 2014-07-31 13:04 from XNAh - click to readBuddy check your facts, the Xperia cameras aren't as good as they sound on paper. If you followed GSMArena then you would know. So stop bashing companies here just because you are a fanboy.
http://www.gsmarena.com/camera...iew-1104.php

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 14:22
  • KAB5

Now make the beast for Europe. I need to change my Sensation XE. Real high-end users don't need the great speakers. If I can afford a super-high end phone then I surely have great car audio and home audio. So I don't need to listen to music from my phone as children do, since they have no alternatives. Being mobile without other devices I use earphones, since as I am already grown up I don't need to seek attention by disturbing others with my music or movie sounds. So htc, ditch the audio, and concentrate on camera, smooth usage of the device (lots of processing power and RAM) and lots of storage options (huge internal memory + huge sd card support) then the connection possibilities (IR, BT, NFC, dual WIFI, 2G,3G,4G, etc) and there you have the winner device. If I want the sound to be loud and disturbing while on the move by foot or bike or skates, I'll get some boom speakers, but I doubt that I and most of the people ever will.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 13:49
  • nUv$

> In reply to Secret Service @ 2014-07-31 10:28 from NsIV - click to readBecause many Japanese people are obsessed with their phones so much so the use use them in [communal] baths. :)

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 13:33
  • nEN1

Great to hear 13 megapixel in stead of 4 ultrapixel. But this isnt high end look sony z1,20 megapixel with bigger sensor. Try harder htc.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 13:04
  • XNAh

> In reply to Secret Service @ 2014-07-31 10:28 from NsIV - click to readThere was a lot of water damaged phones as many like to use the phone in the bath and shower.

As you can see whilst waterproofing makes the phone waterproof you see you lose loud speaker

Waterproofing downside is that speakers are "lost" in the process

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 12:28
  • 3JnV

> In reply to 2x @ 2014-07-31 10:49 from ppSj - click to readlook look I got a bite! I caught a .... M8 user. *throws it back*

Actually, it's because I actually use my camera in a productive and creative way I can't buy an M8 because I need to sometimes print my photos at very large sizes (A2 and up), even if it's just to be used as a place marker until the creative services dept. gets the final shot.

Uggghhh I'm so tired of M8 users defending their ultra-crap camera. I love everything about the M8 except the camera absolutely blowsssss, ok? GSMArena even said in their shootout that a still shot taken from the Note 3's 4k video had more detail than a 4MP image from the M8's still camera. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Just own up to it already and we can move on, ok? ;-)

And on a brighter note, let's celebrate that the E8 and new HTC J don't have ultra-pixel sensors, if this trend continues there may be a M9 in my future.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 11:48
  • bExY

> In reply to Angry Mobile Nerd @ 2014-07-31 09:30 from bExY - click to readIdk who are the biggest suckers, the ones you claim to be suckers because they bought a phone (how stupid is that), or yourself. For a "mobile nerg" you are quite ignorant i must say, for once, the Butterfly series was always meant to be plastic and not metal, so no, they couldn't maintain the M8's metal design, second you don't know anything about cameras nor use them in a productive or creative way or else you wouldn't be talking like that about the extremely versatile ultrapixel module. (inb4 hurr durr megapixels)

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 10:49
  • ppSj

> In reply to Xperia Lord @ 2014-07-31 10:16 from bxda - click to read" First of all, the phone is waterproof, as practically all phones in Japan tend to be."

Any reasons behind?

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 10:28
  • NsIV

> In reply to luvheer @ 2014-07-31 08:36 from Hkq3 - click to readIf you look carefully, it has BoomSound :D

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 10:26
  • qbux

why does japan always get the good stuff?

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 10:16
  • bxda

> In reply to [deleted post]And when it will be launched, with a price it commands, you will again be displeased, because it's too costly. Cut the company some slack mate, it will come with Butterfly 2, which won't be as cheap as E8. Start pleasing yourself with what's available or wait for new things. :)

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-31 10:01
  • 2SUU

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.