It's look to have stereo speakers? And I read that will have a incredible big battery. To bad that keyboards don't have same function like passport. Interesting devices.
AmateurHistorian, 08 Sep 2014Proper innovation? This innovation is like 10 years old. Only those half in the grave would th... moreIf you don't like it don't comment. We are a small family (of blackberry) and we are happy so please stay away
Indian Crab, 08 Sep 2014What BlackBerry doesn't understand is the market. The enterprise market is what BlackBerry is ... moreFor your kind information blackberry 10 has all this aforesaid features. Unfortunately you have not used blackberry 10 device.
cuz it just sounds better on paper
and easier to market to the masses who will assume more is better
I just want the 9900 updated.. it's a a whole different animal.. yeah yeah.. the 0s 10 is coming along and all but I just need an os Like "os 7" that is more geekish than a video game console in my pocket. There's so many things they could fix on os 7 that would make it better than any other os on the market..
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2014I'm guessing your day job is a comedian?well at least he'd have a job using his BlackBerry.. much better than having a gameboy phone.. whatever android crap you sound like you must use..
Clearly you have no idea about the 7 BB10 Phones annouced till date..
The 1st three BB10 OS Phones (Z10,Q10 & Z30) had removable battery.
the q5 was a flop obv. but its from the z3 that the Company started rising back like a phoenix.. i'm no big fan of non-removable batteries but that's not why BB didnt manage sales under Thorsten Heins.
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2014You mean the MS way...Nope, nokia way. Went to MS then go Bust!
I hope blackberry has "native video calling" feature, nowadays many great phone but less in native video call,
They just use front camera for skype, and 3rd app chatting. Native video calling is suitable for provider, and we can use video call to old phone like nokia. Indeed samsung is the only one which is still using that feature native video call
What BlackBerry doesn't understand is the market. The enterprise market is what BlackBerry is targeting for but the enterprise market isn't where the profits are. This is a touchscreen era we live in and any phone with hardware keys are seen as feature phones no matter what OS it runs.
BlackBerry have to do something to appeal to the general population and there are these following things that they can do.
1. A phone with a 4.5 inch display, 1280x720 HD resolution with the slide out keyboard.
2. Better Android apps compatibility for BB 10.x OS.
3. A built-in video player like MX Player Pro with support for as many codecs as possible.
4. Stereo speakers with equalizer built-in and a superior Music Player app to appeal to the audiophiles.
5. More and more features in the BB10.x OS.
6. Options to restrict apps running in the background to conserve battery life.
7. Better power management in the OS and more openness in the BB10.x OS.
8. Quick toggles only work in the homescreen on BB10.x OS which defeats the purpose of the quick toggles, so BlackBerry should do a workout to make the quick toggles accessible from anywhere in the OS.
9. Options to install apps from any sources, be it a website or from the SD card. BlackBerry should enable a feature to backup apps installed from the BB market on SD card for later installation.
10. Improved Maps which would work offline or they can just license Here Maps from Nokia to use in their OS.
11.Lastly, it should be priced aggressively like the Z3 and a proper marketing on the Internet.
silentdevil, 08 Sep 2014what's the use of having some many keys but so very small?????????????....what an I****.....Your thumbs can feel the ridges of the buttons - they're well distinguished.
why people think all phone os requirement is same like android ??? , must used lot of core and lots of ram ...?
Too big a phone for a qwerty device. My opinion is that a classic phone with hardware keyboard should have a classic size as well. The size of a BB 9900 is great.
BB should try to offer its portfolio in 2 segments
BB with Windows Phone 8.1 OS
BB with BBOS 10.x OS
its worth to test the market to save the already sunken ship
what's the use of having some many keys but so very small?????????????....what an I****.....
The BB classic is for the blackberry purist who craves the trackpad and back button like the blackberry devices back on 2010. While the passport is there to persuade other smartphone users to switch to blackberry. And yes eventhough the bb passport doesnt have the best of the best specs, it doesnt need them to run on BB10 OS. Iphone for example doesnt run on snapdragon 805 or have 3/4 gigs of ram and whatnot. Because BB10 OS have been optimized for blackberry devices.