Nokia 101 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.0
6.8
6.9

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-11-24 13:14 from sxuq - click to readHmm....you're right Jett, I do not use the dual Sim always, and the mp3 player do not use it much too [I need to get a reader for the microSD for transferring files now, and what do you expect to do with all that expandable memory other than just music?]....a big turn off for me was the design and that squeaky noise from the back cover and the echo from the speaker chamber. Nokia used to make real good phones earlier which I used to love.... so I assumed the 101 would be better or at least match the earlier designs...but I was disappointed....and I found that the Samsung 1085 was able to match Nokia's earlier designs even better [good speaker, sleek design, very comfy to hold and grip, no squeaking, and the s/w and user interfaces are quite good...plus Nokia does not have a similar phone like the 1085 in this range/price.....so my need is served with the Samsung1085 which cost about Rs. 1000....My only mistake was, being extremely brand loyal to Nokia...

• 2011-11-25 15:36
  • t}BY

> In reply to Rup @ 2011-11-25 10:09 from P$bI - click to readits works

• 2011-11-25 13:23
  • 2@va

without sim card does the Mp3 player works or not?

• 2011-11-25 10:09
  • P$bI

can anyone answer my questions:

1)can we make folders in the mp3 file list?

2)can we forward/rewind mp3 songs?

• 2011-11-25 06:36
  • KIeG

Good Phone...........

• 2011-11-25 06:34
  • Kicw

hi,

answers to your questions are listed below..

r e a d ..

• 2011-11-25 03:11
  • sxtc

I have Nokia 1280. But I want to use Dual sim and a basic phone like 1280. So guys, can you please tell me whether should I buy Nokia 101? Is it good? Is the restarting problem so regular?? Thanks in advance.....

• 2011-11-24 16:09
  • 2CYG

how much message can save & the sent item

• 2011-11-24 13:42
  • PS69

> In reply to laxis @ 2011-11-23 21:02 from U@Tg - click to readhi,

well, it really depends to the user laxis.

not everyone has the same need and outlook, you know.. :)

in my opinion Nokia 101 is better... it has everything that i need in a basic phone, though it lacks voice recording...but doesn't matter at all :)

• 2011-11-24 13:14
  • sxuq

Jett, i don't quite understand how Samsung 1085 with 800 mAh battery and NO MEMORY CARD slot with just 1mb internal memory can possibly be better than Nokia101 with 1020 mAh battery (India) and MEMORY CARD SLOT which support 32gb, not to mention dual sim.

• 2011-11-23 21:02
  • U@Tg

Good Phone, using since one month without any problem.

• 2011-11-23 14:06
  • u1t2

Good phone and also good price. I love it because of dual sim also. Here (my country) people in downtown use two or three phones each (Oh, my God!) . I hope that Nokia will launch new arrival product during this coming New Year !

• 2011-11-23 09:43
  • vFFB

Guys is it come with a data cable? If we want to update the phone software, then can we do it with our self at home like others Nokia phones? Is it support by Nokia Software Updater?

• 2011-11-23 05:31
  • K2EL

The best phone i have ever come across within this price range and easy to use.

• 2011-11-21 21:01
  • Q82e

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readZahid,
The keys are indeed made of rubber....it is not the extremely soft kind, but more sturdy and stiff but easy to type, tough to withstanding the battering from ones nails.... A final word of advice, just make sure yours does not have a defective back panel which is not seated properly [meaning there should not be any gap b/w the back cover and the body of the phone]....because you may end up getting tortured with this really annoying squeaky sound while you're typing or holding the phone on a call...Not sure why Nokia went ahead and Designed it this way....

• 2011-11-21 19:58
  • t@xx

I have been using this phone for a month. This phone is best in its price range. Everything is good except seeking is not available for mp3 songs.

• 2011-11-21 12:14
  • P%05

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readI can verify previous comments regarding the keys, they are indeed soft and very easy to manage.

• 2011-11-21 05:05
  • m6nr

Moe,

As much as I like to try other brands unfortunately I'm sticking with Nokia because I have a dozen of their chargers from my previous phones. Hahahaha.

Secondly, I'm not sure where to get a Samsung serviced here in the Philippines unlike Nokia with their dedicated service centers.

I'm not into high end phones since every now and then a new phone is released. The Nokia E7 was priced at Php 30K can now be bought at Php 15K. The N9 is released now. Tempting price for a 64GB model at Php 31K and it can be availed thru credit card installment. But his is getting off topic but the point is I'm glad with the low end models but Nokia should really iron out the bugs of S30.

• 2011-11-21 04:17
  • i4P@

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readBelieve me, these keys are made of soft rubber. I don't have a 101 but nokia has used this type of keypad in many previous models like 1200,1110,1110i etc.
If you still want personal experience, Jett should be helping you out.

• 2011-11-21 04:06
  • tYWL
Total of 1802 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 101.