Nokia 101 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.0
6.8
6.9

Guys is it come with a data cable? If we want to update the phone software, then can we do it with our self at home like others Nokia phones? Is it support by Nokia Software Updater?

• 2011-11-23 05:31
  • K2EL

The best phone i have ever come across within this price range and easy to use.

• 2011-11-21 21:01
  • Q82e

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readZahid,
The keys are indeed made of rubber....it is not the extremely soft kind, but more sturdy and stiff but easy to type, tough to withstanding the battering from ones nails.... A final word of advice, just make sure yours does not have a defective back panel which is not seated properly [meaning there should not be any gap b/w the back cover and the body of the phone]....because you may end up getting tortured with this really annoying squeaky sound while you're typing or holding the phone on a call...Not sure why Nokia went ahead and Designed it this way....

• 2011-11-21 19:58
  • t@xx

I have been using this phone for a month. This phone is best in its price range. Everything is good except seeking is not available for mp3 songs.

• 2011-11-21 12:14
  • P%05

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readI can verify previous comments regarding the keys, they are indeed soft and very easy to manage.

• 2011-11-21 05:05
  • m6nr

Moe,

As much as I like to try other brands unfortunately I'm sticking with Nokia because I have a dozen of their chargers from my previous phones. Hahahaha.

Secondly, I'm not sure where to get a Samsung serviced here in the Philippines unlike Nokia with their dedicated service centers.

I'm not into high end phones since every now and then a new phone is released. The Nokia E7 was priced at Php 30K can now be bought at Php 15K. The N9 is released now. Tempting price for a 64GB model at Php 31K and it can be availed thru credit card installment. But his is getting off topic but the point is I'm glad with the low end models but Nokia should really iron out the bugs of S30.

• 2011-11-21 04:17
  • i4P@

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-20 16:23 from KIf1 - click to readBelieve me, these keys are made of soft rubber. I don't have a 101 but nokia has used this type of keypad in many previous models like 1200,1110,1110i etc.
If you still want personal experience, Jett should be helping you out.

• 2011-11-21 04:06
  • tYWL

> In reply to Sonia @ 2011-11-19 21:31 from YT1Y - click to readsonia did you use it personally??? i want to be 100% sure about its keys wwhether they are soft or not !!! tell me

• 2011-11-20 16:23
  • KIf1

very nice mobile for dual sim card.........

• 2011-11-20 08:53
  • upH6

oops for the first time, loud speaker automatically went on when i used the sim 1 for calling..
another bug that nokia should look up to..

cheers nokia!

• 2011-11-20 07:38
  • sxt1

> In reply to zahid jafferi syed @ 2011-11-19 21:09 from KIf{ - click to readThis type of keys are very soft, made of rubber. Very fast typing is possible.

• 2011-11-19 21:31
  • YT1Y

hii
can any1 tell me about the key-pad of nokia 101??? is it soft and good for texts?? or a hard pad????

• 2011-11-19 21:09
  • KIf{

hi
can any 1 tell me about its keypag for text msging??? is it hard??

• 2011-11-19 21:00
  • KIf{

> In reply to sali @ 2011-11-18 06:30 from Mfyv - click to readno buddy, it's a bug. just wait for the new software version and update your phone..

Good luck!!

• 2011-11-18 13:35
  • sxuq

i have been use a 101 since a couple of months back.it gives me a small problem which is, when I answer a call it automatically increases the sound and it it is audible from the rear speaker. therefore I have to switch on the loud speaker and again i have to select the hands set mode to get back to the Normal Audible range. do i need to change any settings??

• 2011-11-18 06:30
  • Mfyv

• 2011-11-18 06:23
  • Mfyv

> In reply to Mauragon @ 2011-11-18 03:56 from i4P@ - click to readok. i will contact NCC smnorth annex as soon as i can.

i will let you know thanks!

• 2011-11-18 05:01
  • sxth

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-11-17 11:15 from sxte - click to readI contacted NCC Nokia Store in Greenbelt 1. Although the nearest is in Mall of Asia but there's a lot of people there so I prefer the one in Greenbelt 1. Not too many people so you get serviced right away.

• 2011-11-18 03:56
  • i4P@

> In reply to Mauragon @ 2011-11-17 05:18 from i4P@ - click to readMauragon,

No! not a 'Droid, I just wanted a simple phone which I could hold comfortably in my palm and make a call without the freakin squeaking from the back cover panel. You too should try the Samsung 1085 which costs alot less than the Nokia 101 and is sleek and functions better than the 101, and 1085 is my fav now...

• 2011-11-17 18:48
  • t@5C

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-11-17 03:33 from sxtg - click to readJett,

Exactly, I am giving my review to the other people before they end up buying one. Nobody really would know about the flaws unless one has used the phone to the fullest. And the reviews I have read till now do not talk about these flaws. So that’s why ended up with this dumb phone. Basically, what really is bad about the phone is the design, the squeaky sound from the back cover when you’re holding it on a call. And the bulky design with protruding edges, does not seem comfy holding it in the hand. There are some really nice sleek phones Nokia used to make in S30 series [1616, 2310], not sure why they are messing up things now. They are just focused on making the high end phones better, and totally neglecting these range of phones. I hated having 101 phone so much I went a bought a Samsung 1085, and I just like it!…you should try this….

• 2011-11-17 18:41
  • t@5C
Total of 1789 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 101.