Nokia 101 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.0
6.8
6.9

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-11-05 09:35 from sxt2 - click to readYes Jett I'm from Naga City but I'm here in Manila.

I'm testing the send later function of the phone. I was surprised to learn that there's no confirmation message that the message was sent as compared to my 1202.

The message was supposed to be sent 8am that morning but was surprised to know it wasn't perhaps it's my fault or set the wrong date. I'll let you know the results of this test.

For the memory card I think the difference is the capacity and the read write speed on the SDHC types. On the microsd the maximum capacity is 2GB I think but on the SDHC the minimum capacity is 4GB.

I was forced to buy a red one because I had the black serviced and I need a phone that time but still the bugs persisted. That's the first time I sent the black 101 for servicing. 2nd try didn't fare well either so I think a software solution might be the answer.

Yeah I think this one's a best seller I got he red one as the last remaining unit for that store.

• 2011-11-08 08:44
  • i4P@

super phone.better quality,battery backup..realy super.

• 2011-11-07 16:20
  • 7wBh

is there any network problem with this phone?

• 2011-11-07 08:20
  • 9xeY

friends can we put our desired song/tune as ringtone and calender tone in this phone??????? please reply as soon as possible... thank you :)

• 2011-11-07 07:05
  • 2SSP

I just bought this phone yesterday in Hong Kong for HKD288 (USD37) as a spare phone after sending my smartphone to service.

The battery for my Nokia 101 is BL-5C 1020mAh 3.7V 3.8Wh. It's said to have standby time for over 32 days!

The choice of languages for UI includes English/Traditional Chinese/Simiplified Chinese.

The dual SIM works great for calls and sms.

Voice/Ring tone are reasonably loud and clear. Love it.

• 2011-11-07 05:47
  • bJXD

for u to avoid restarts or bug problems if u are lazy about the tips just replace your battery to BL-5C or other....

• 2011-11-07 03:55
  • t751

hello users...
please give us detailed information about your hands-on experience with nokia 101 :) salamat!

• 2011-11-07 03:42
  • sxtc

> In reply to cplover @ 2011-11-06 15:24 from t75P - click to readReplace your batteries to bl-5c / bl-5j.
if you are in the Philippines price should be around P500 / P800.

Cheers!

• 2011-11-07 03:40

> In reply to HongKong @ 2011-11-06 12:06 from G{R6 - click to readhi,

really? the loudspeaker turns on before or after you answer the call? did you check if there's a setting for automatic loudspeaker turn on/off?
even the new unit has the same problem. was it the same color? then there must be something wrong with the software.
i hope fw update will be released really soon.

thanks for your comment..

• 2011-11-07 03:37
  • sxtc

this phone is excellent but the battery BL-5Cb is very sensitive because it is only 700 mah so tips in avoiding restarts avoid draining the battery power because of battery low.. it affects the power of the battery charge it if the battery low warning is in 5th to 6th warning ok... gudluck .. guys God bless..:)

• 2011-11-06 15:24
  • t75P

nokia 101 is really a phone for dual sim users i just bought it and decided to keep the 2 other phones am using,very portable,user friendly and a great companion for music lovers.

• 2011-11-06 15:02
  • ftVi

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-10-25 13:34 from sxuX - click to readNokia 101- My phone hv problems with the loundspeaker (i exchanged with a new phone and still hv same problems)
It made in china
The color is black (grey)

• 2011-11-06 12:06
  • G{R6

> In reply to Billu @ 2011-10-31 23:28 from 5F{E - click to readI hv same problem on the speakerphone on by it self twice. I came back to the store and exchange with a new phone and i still hv problems with the new phone.

• 2011-11-06 11:54
  • G{R6

Hi guys i am planning 2 buy dis phone ... s der any problem while v make a call in dis phone which was in 1661??? Like can v able to hear the voice at d other end clearly n can dey hear r voice clearly ??? because i am using 1661 in tat callers at d other end cant hear our voice loudly ??? can any 1 help it out ???

• 2011-11-06 06:51
  • utG1

Purchased the mobile today only ... im loving it ... although i hv another mobile also nokia 6300 which is also awesome phone and i hv purchased this nokia 101 as second phone but i hv started liking this phone more than earlier one .. i went to the nokia shop to buy some other mobile but when i saw this one displaying as demo .. i asked for this one .. this is really a good phone .. i cannot say about dual sim feature as im using only one sim....

• 2011-11-05 18:23
  • bCic

> In reply to Mauragon @ 2011-11-04 07:51 from i4P@ - click to readhei buddy,
what up! Thanks to those infos..

yeah, same here. looking fw to firmware update. i really hope nokia will take care of the bugs that 101 has now, and release the fw update really soon, better yet update the newly manufactured units.

i was at the mall yesterday, surprisingly 101 is a best seller.. NOKIA, I BELIEVE THAT"S ENOUGH REASON TO NOT LET US DOWN.. i my self am a big fan :D
i just hope i will get a good unit. lol!
don't want hassles at all!
cheers Nokia!!! :)

planning to use a 4gb mc. would you know any difference between SD and SDHC except from memory capacity?
maybe i'll go for sandisk.

about the other bug you said you discovered, can you confirm about it now buddy?
what if it's just to store the message (or another draft folder/outbox) but does not automatically resend the text.?
so the message is ought to be sent manually then later.?

message no. don't matter at all, but it's a plus if they add it.

btw, are you from Bicol?

• 2011-11-05 09:35
  • sxt2

> In reply to Jett @ 2011-11-01 11:38 from sxta - click to readSure. I'm looking forward to a software update if this really solves the problem.

I use a Kingston 2GB MicroSD (not SDHC) don't have much mp3s.

• 2011-11-04 07:51
  • i4P@

I'm using a 2GB Kingston MicroSD card.

I haven't tried to put in a 16GB class 4 since I don't have that much mp3s and I want to make use of my extra 2GB memory card.

It's like gambling as to where to get a unit that will not restart.

I already had my 101 sent to Nokia Care twice and the diagnostics came ok. I just can't figure out why it restarts.

One more bug I discovered is that the send later messages wasn't sent at all. will do further testing.

One wish I would like to have is the message number in the Inbox / Sent Items / Drafts Folders.

• 2011-11-04 07:48
  • i4P@

Does it support asian language ? For quality i believe on Nokia.

• 2011-11-03 19:10
  • u44R

> In reply to Mantu @ 2011-11-01 20:41 from fCFA - click to readwat about msging??????????????

• 2011-11-02 15:05
  • u78h
Total of 1797 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 101.