Nokia 101 - user opinions and reviews

7.0
6.8
6.9

> In reply to Domnic @ 2011-10-09 17:52 from vGVU - click to readbuddy,

i currently use 1280 as my primary phone though i also have 5530(serves as my music player and camera).

now, to answer your query. 1280 has integrated speaker, which you can find at the back side of the unit. one good thing i find in it is that it doesn't turn hot even though i talk for long period of time.

one technique that i can share with you during a phone conversation is to lower the volume (as for me i have it lowered to level 3 or 4 only) and use the back side of the phone. sounds not normal but it really works, and i can say it really is an advantage..having an integrated speaker.

good luck!

• 2011-10-12 04:19
  • sxt9

> In reply to CARLO @ 2011-10-11 15:19 from t7BX - click to readno worries about this bugs
just wait for the firmware update..
by the way, users facing such bugs take your units to NC and have them updated.
cheers!

• 2011-10-12 04:08
  • sxt9

i have 1208 and planning to get this tough guy.
how much does this cost in manila?

• 2011-10-12 04:05
  • sxt9

> In reply to czgirb @ 2011-10-11 07:24 from wr2M - click to readFor a very basic use Its an awesome mobile. I use this for charging and as a secondary mobile. The phone is very good for very less bucks.

• 2011-10-11 15:59
  • ceK0

when your call suddenly change to loudspeaker u should click loudspeaker and then it will say loudspeaker activated and click to handset.. that's it

and when you'll encounter Restart and after that your sim.no1 will have no simcard just restart your phone.

• 2011-10-11 15:29
  • t7BX

in regarding to the MicroSD card.. i had an experimentation bout my problem regarding ..NO MUSIC FILES.. when i will search to music..,, i have tried 1GB MicroSD and 4GB MicroSD and 4GB MicroSDHC and it works perfectly..

here in the philippines there are so called CDR King shop. its generic because of low prices and i had tried that. 1GB,2GB,4GB CDR king microSD and works perfectly..

my 2GB MicroSD from Nokia is not working properly here in my nokia 101 ( idont know why )

• 2011-10-11 15:25
  • t7BX

there are times that my phone would restart maybe in a day it will restart 10x ,, and will have my sim no.1 (no simcard says)

i guess not all the unit is defective. because, my cousin has bought this same kind of phone.. and he's not facing any problem.. also my friend.. my bad i think im jinx LOL..

i will report this to nokia customer care center to be fix...

REMEMBER: NOT ALL PHONE HAS DEFECT.. wish you are lucky :)

• 2011-10-11 15:19
  • t7BX

> In reply to itsmef96 @ 2011-10-11 07:37 from Kgfp - click to readWithout the restart and switch to loudspeaker bug yes I'd recommend this phone. It's pretty much like gambling because there's a chance you'd get a defective unit so have it replaced or serviced immediately. For its features without the bugs mentioned it's a pretty good phone for its price.

• 2011-10-11 08:06

Dear All,
AOA,
I want to buy this phone so give me correct suggestion...i am waiting for you quick response.

• 2011-10-11 07:37
  • Kgfp

dual active or dual standby?

• 2011-10-11 07:24
  • wr2M

This phone has good loud speakers comparable to xpressmusic devices but has voice leakage problem.

• 2011-10-11 06:46
  • v0qT

> In reply to farhan @ 2011-10-10 19:20 from utVh - click to readThank you Farhan for the tip. I will try other memory cards. Currently I'm using a Kingston 2GB not MicroSDHC just MicroSD.

• 2011-10-11 05:33

it always restarts,,,

• 2011-10-11 05:30
  • 9xH1

> In reply to Yasin @ 2011-10-10 18:56 from syvH - click to readyeah.. when i made a call just awhile ago, loudspeaker is automatically activated..

• 2011-10-11 03:30
  • vx22

> In reply to Mauragon @ 2011-10-10 07:41 from i4P@ - click to readhello friend i am using this mobile tw0 days ago i can't find no problems...
i think u need high quality memmery card
i am using transcend 4gb memmery card

• 2011-10-10 19:20
  • utVh

I faced restart problem while sms typing and this is problem in all New Nokia Mobiles

When call comes or i call loudspeaker is automatically switched on

• 2011-10-10 18:56
  • syvH
  • ome frm dhaka bangla
  • Rating0

please dont try it.it is very cheap.only 2500 in bangladeshi taka so it is only £25.but main problem it sound leakage and also echo.and so that reason it is so boring.music is harash,fm radio is hazzy shrink.keypad is so soft it may be damage.only better for receive call and make call.

• 2011-10-10 17:39
  • PEqe

Ummmm. I'm confused there are a lot of good and bad comments about this phone. I want to buy this phone but I want to know if it's money well spent or just a piece of trash... Please Reply... I'm only worried about the restart and voice leakage... :((

• 2011-10-10 14:17
  • K7g@

Just bought the "101" because i broke my previous 2sim mobile - again. What I was looking for : basic functions, no-nonsense, no extra's that i don't use anyway. I just want to phone + text message. Internet i do at home, for pictures/video I use a dedicated camera and.. I'm in the habit of losing my mobiles, crushing them accidently, letting them fall a few times a day, dropping them in the water on boat trips, spilling drinks over it, etc.. So i want it to be cheap, but do the basic job.
I almost fell disappointed because too little functionality regarding addressbook/(no)callergroups. But working my way around it, i quickly started to like the "101".
On the verge of too limited, but doing what it does well, no-nonsense and a rock bottom price. A simple honest phome as a back-up / for clumsy people who will lose or break it sooner or later / for low-income people / and those who don't care about all the latest modern technology and just want to phone and text

• 2011-10-10 12:47
  • 2xx6

I just had my 101 serviced and still experiences restarts. The customer service representative told me that it may have something to do with the memory card. He said to have it formatted which I did. I will observe further. I noticed that the mp3 files that I used for ringing at message alerts are reset to profile settings when a restart happens.

Here's a tip : swap your battery to BL-5C to make it last longer.

• 2011-10-10 07:41
  • i4P@
Total of 1793 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 101.