Nokia 112 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.8
7.9

I got this mainly for the dual sim feature along with basic internet/email and camera.

The guide didn't come in English so just spent a few hours setting up a manual internet connection. In case anyone's looking for WHERE to put your network's settings (it's not under Connectivity as mine had me believe...)
Menu > Settings > Configurations > Personal Config > Options > Add new > web, set "Use preferred access point" to no which enables Access point settings > Bearer Settings. Save that then go back to Configurations and set Web to the one you just created.

The most frustrating thing so far is I am unable to access yahoo mail which is my main account that others also forward to. Through the Nokia Xpress browser, the full yahoo login page simply reloads with no error message, while the mobile version (both SSL and unsecured "alternate login") apologise that i'm having trouble signing in and to log in from the full page first then try again. These forms work from my PC browser. I've tried several other sites with authentication and they're all fine.
Going into the Ovi store, I found an app for it from Yahoo. However, on login attempts it always states "Error in connection". Have set all options under "Application access" to always allowed for it but the problem remains.
If anyone has got it working it would be much appreciated if you could reply!

The phone book builds a list from both SIMs so you will have duplicates if numbers are saved on both. This doesn't cause an annoying scroll issue though as there is an incremental search box. You're able to mark multiple recipients from both when sending texts. Separate settings for calls, texts, mms and internet are available (default SIM to use or prompt each time).

Internet loads faster than my old C2-01 which has 3G thanks to the updated browser app. You can select image quality or disable them altogether to lower bandwidth. Favourites are saved under the "history" tab.

Camera's average as you should expect from a VGA one. As has been mentioned, the screen is clear and usable with large fonts but can be quite harsh on the eyes as you can see each pixel.

The phone itself is plastic and compact, and can fit into your pocket. Keys are soft and easy to use. There is no mini/micro usb port and memory card is inside the cover, so unless you're willing to open it to pull out the card (this is one of those phones which feels like it'll snap when doing so), data transfer is limited to bluetooth. 2nd sim card can be hot-swapped from a closed slot on the side of the phone.

Overall i'm happy with this purchase - aside from the yahoo mail issue, it does everything I was expecting from it for a reasonable price.

• 2013-01-15 01:29
  • m59q

Viewing angle is about 10 degrees. As your eye move towards left hand side the screen becomes whiter and whiter and colour is all washed out and blacker and blacker on the right side. Simply incredible. Left eye see very white screen, right eye see black screen. I'm amazed the box doesn't contain that red and blue glass.

• 2013-01-14 16:29
  • rK5{

I bought this phone today. Ok phone. But the screen is too bad. Viewing angle is so bad that what you see with left eye is different to what you see with the right eye. Its like 3d fridge magnet. Absolutely nauseating. Why didn't anyone mentiones this. Grrrr

• 2013-01-14 16:15
  • rK5{

can i buy this nokia 112..friends

• 2013-01-12 10:57
  • X0}v

I bought the phone after one month of its release.and it is superb.nokia 110 is also having the same specifications.it supports wide range of java platform games.edge is also sufficiently fast.but internal memory is mostly occupied by inbuilt apps.every thing else is nice

• 2013-01-12 07:32
  • t1$F

i using nokia 112
good quality.
but i need specfications.
as like
-long life battery 2000m
-auto callrecord
-online facebook chat alert
-internal masstorage 4g to 8g

• 2013-01-08 16:12
  • YTSM

I bought this a few days ago. It works perfectly so far. Everything about it is just what I need. Formerly typing a message on the mobile phone was something of a hassle for me. Now, I can type my message on the computer first and then send it to my mobile phone via bluetooth and copy it to my SMS so that I don't need to type on the phone any longer. Besides, the calendar enables me to arrange my daily affairs in an organized way. Now I don't have to worry about forgetting what I need to do every single day.

The bluetooth enables me send my SMS message to my friend by typing the text in the computer first and then send it to my nokia 112 via bluetooth and use it as a

• 2013-01-07 01:00
  • tyFB

> In reply to kamran @ 2013-01-04 14:29 from 9xej - click to readIt doesn't, the only good thing about this phone is battery backup.

• 2013-01-05 11:22
  • N9@T

is it have torch light ?

• 2013-01-04 14:29
  • 9xej

Can i play online videos on "nokia 112" ?

• 2013-01-03 11:31
  • uCrZ

Who is the best, Nokia 112, 114, 2690 ?

• 2013-01-03 08:50
  • uCrZ

Can we use whatsapp in nokia 112? If yes then how?

• 2013-01-03 07:06
  • ITkw

Talk time only 8 hr

• 2013-01-02 10:06
  • w9J6

Can this phone connect to wifi??

• 2013-01-02 09:18
  • IVL4

ow can i access my memory card in 112

• 2013-01-01 15:21
  • utVK

> In reply to june ilao @ 2013-01-01 07:32 from P@1G - click to readBeautiful

• 2013-01-01 10:19
  • t7Xk

The problem of this phone is that, there is no 3G capability..
. . .
Or else, this is really fast phone..

• 2013-01-01 07:32
  • P@1G
Total of 1083 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 112.