Good phone but not a friendly user';'message not type aa easly././
This Phone is cute and beautifully designed; simple, durable and economical. It's the best Device so far for the Beginner(s).
i justt got the phone 4 a few weeks and its great easy to use and has lasted ages now
I bought this phone on Friday, to use my previous sim card in it. Was £12.97 from Tesco and i have to say this phone was great for the money, has an FM Radio, Torch, Spreadsheet etc.
Would definitely reccomend this for someone looking for a simple phone, or as a second phone that is only used infrequently.
Anonymous, 17 Jan 2010Well I just received one of these from my provider as an upgrade to my 4 year old razor. What... moreits so cheap the cheapest nokia and this so much more than what u expect im very impressed
Hi every one, i am using Nokia N-73 but i really need another phone, so today i got Nokia 1661, its really nice slim, and stylish. Screen is big as compare to other simple phones. More is ring tones are in stylish way like old Default Nokia Tune is also changed in stylish way. Yes keypad is little bit hard but not enough. Tourch lite is fine, themes are cool, games are superb. And yes ear piece is really loud. Nokia You really Rocks!!!
hello, i just using this handset. I bought this phone since my old 6220 classic is been stolen so i buy this phone and heres my comment:
1. Very light, slim and small. I like the design though, its funky and nice for simple phone
2. The screen is really nice and quite big for a simple handset. The display is really good and bright
3. It has torch light, its really handy and is brighter than my old old old old old 1200
4. Its has a fm radio, a very handy applications, the reception is really good. The audio quality is really good. Almost like my old old old 5320 xpress music
5. Its cheap abd reasonable price. In malaysia it cost rm 199 in nokia store. Maybe in normal shop it will cheaper price. But i suggest to buy at nokia store becuz its original.
1. The earpice is quite low, but not as low as 1200.(weird, the loudspeaker of this handset for radio is loud but the earpiece is quite low. But its a cheap phone so i not really care)
2 the keypad is small for me, becuz i have a large thumb.
3. The legibility of sunlight is quite low. But can see the menu and colour display(a bit)
4. The headset given in this handset retail package is low quality. So i suggest you to buy a higher quality headphone to hear radio even well.
Conclusion: i reccommend to every person who want to buy a simple and cheap handset. So thats all my review
ive got indian made version of this model specially produced to be sold in iran, i bought it for only 38 dollar, its actually bullet proof! i mean ive done anything you could imagine to it, throw it, tap to hard surfaces, and if breaks apart, just collect the parts, mount them toghether and its ready to use again. i just elctro shocked it, and its dead now! just emptys battery in 3h and heats like a heater and there is no more network coverage!!!
hello, guys plz tell me shud i buy 1661 or this nokia 5030 xpress radio
plz m waiting for ur reply...
Well after 3 months of trouble-free but light use, mostly texting, this phone crapped out on me... Turned it on today only to find it asking for a security code, for the first time ever (I'd never activated the feature). Mystified, I entered the default "12345" and found that it had completely reset to default; furthermore, themes 2-7 are gone, nowhere to be found (I loved the Cecropia moth background and it's gone). The list reads 1, 8, onwards.
Additionally, as other posters here have related, it refuses to allow me to set the ringtone; when I try it reboots. Can't even access the menu of tones. I was able to restore all other settings except the ringtone, and the original theme I liked.
Oh well... I guess you get what you pay for... and I got this one as a "beater", to carry around every day and not worry if broken or lost because it's so cheap. But still, I'd expected more of Nokia. I've never had this kind of problem with any other cell I own (I sort of collect them, so I own many, from most manufacturers and price ranges).
My advice at this point would be to pass on this model, given that others seem to have had similar problems; it's apparently a quality-control issue.
this phone... i don't know what to say... is this the cheapest nokia phone on the market? can anybody tell me? the buttons looks nice and clean but are hard to press. this is really a basic phone. don't expect so much from it. if you want more and better features, please pay more. you will get it all. it will be good if they allow more words to be written in the reminder notes and contact names. other than this and the annoying hard buttons, overall it is ok. value for money? think carefully...