O had this phone too it is strong.....but i dont like it i want touchscreen hahahahh
And I also still use Nokia 2300!! It's now year 2014(!) and, yes, I'm still using this phone every day. The phone is about 10 years old!...
Yeah, I got an android smartphone too, but in several ways a smartphone aren't that handy, in simple using, like 2300...
Shure, 2300 has some really bad functions/details, ok, BUT the GOOD things with 2300 is, anyway, SO PRACTICAL and NICE, in many ways!
And the design is "Woohoo, Yeehaaa, Yeah-Yeah"..!!
"These were the good Nokia phone making days..." ;-) Nowadays Nokia phones are quite
different, and phones like Nokia 2300 doesn't appear again. Or?...
I also using the built-in radio (with handfree), and WHICH PHONES - simple or advanced, old or new - have, for example, such a super-QUICK channel change function, strong FM receiving and so simple, comfortable, clear and natural radio audio/sound??... Ok, not "Mega-Hifi" of course, but sooo natural, professional sound/audio...
And - not forget - the Extremely UNIQUE ring signal sounds!! ("PING"!) Shure, not every people like that sound, but for us who like it.... YES!! :-) And you can create your own special "PING" signals thats comfort for You.
Just ONE "PING" is really hard beating in it's sound, and that is really practical(!) - you hear ONE "PING" clearly even if you are in other rooms...
DOES ANY OTHER NOKIA PHONE HAS THAT (GREAT) KIND OF "PING" SOUND!???... Not what I know. (Do YOU know any??)
And the buttons have a really unique and beautiful look, and are working good (if you are careful with the phone, of course).
This phone are not for people who "always wants the latest, newest phones - no matter what". I suppose. :-)
One of The Top Nokia Classic phones, in my opinion...though it didn't sell so much, I think.
I get it from my elder brother. I actually love this phone. I have another smart phone but I use this phone as my main phone. It is so nice.
hi, I'm using this phone now. this is my father's first handset. this is the luckyest of me. I used so many advanced models of nokia but no one is so cute and strong like this. please relunch this model with same features. I want to buy another one 2300 at bny cost.
as i see this phone it was the 1st phone... lots of memorable things tht i remember... many old things.... very good phone i like it.
hey gsmarena, please request nokia to relaunch this model with its old features, specialy with those ringtones and the best polyphonic sound quality. I want to buy this phone again in any price...
pls relaunched the nokia 2300 and nokia 1101 with memory slots nokia will be again on top daam sure.
Mahesh996, 24 Aug 2013What is the Phone book capacity? Thanks Maheshit's just 50
It was my first phone, and i still love it and i need it again and again.Any one who can help me!
my nokia 2300 still in perfect condition and presentable still using it.. its a collectible unit from nokia its my treasure.. share your opinion email me email@example.com
I have been using Nokia 2300 for really many years & stil use it! Of cos, I EVEN use other - generally - more advanced phones.
I use 2300 every day, becos:
* The PHONE SIGNALS are really effective, special, fun - & unique! ...A uniqe "PING"-sound!! I like that sound! I havent heard such sounds from any other phones..! (U can especially notice that if u compose ur own signals in "Composer"!)
* The RADIO has really better receiving/reception than many, many other phones (that I tested)! Even better than very new phones I think. And! U can change FM-channel extremely quick(!) with the handfree-button. Thats very nice when u are outside, & for example are riding a bike or so & want to change channels very QUICKLY. Its more quick than "a flash from the sky", hahaha! Yes, even many other Nokia's are clearly slower (but for example Nokia 2310 got the same "type" of radio. That phone is, in some ways, related to 2300. (2310 is a phone that is better in some ways than 2300, but in some ways worse.)).
Ok - 2300 has no stereo radio, but I mostly like to listen with only one-ear-handsfree, so it doesnt matter. I can listen to stereo radio some other time.
One bad thing: the maximum *low volume* on the radio is a bit too high... And thats not good. Not good by Nokia... (I myself - by my "technical compentent" - changed the hearphone part to a hearphone that need more power to give sound. So the sound went lower. But who can do that? Maybe all handsfrees should have a little volume-knob, so everyone can change volume without pressing a button on the PHONE).
The radio also could have more FM-channels memory than only 10 channels. But 10 channels is quite much anyway. :)
One more good thing about the radio: It has a very natural sound!
* Ok, the phone hasnt the best memory & battery-time, but(!) u CAN have another (kind of) phone with you, so that 2300 not are in big work so much time.
* The type of handsfree for 2300 CAN - nowadays - be a bit hard to find. U cant buy those newer kind of Nokia handsfrees that LOOKS like they are fitting 2300 (cos Nokia has changed the ways that the power goes through the contac). U can find a right handsfree in second hand shop. Oh, its maybe even possible to find some of them in places where people leave their old electronical return things. People even throw away good 2300-batteries!)
* I like the buttons on 2300! First I thought they looked bad, but nowadays I find them really good, & I can write sms without look at the keypad. Some other phones with good buttons - in my opinion: Nokia 3310, 6210, 3510, 3100, 1100, 1110, 1600, Sony Ericsson J10i2 (Elm)...
I dont like buttons who not gives a feeling in the finger that I have typed the RIGHT key. For example 3120 & many new Nokia phone in this year, 2013.
* One of bad thing is that the digital clock in standby is NOT like Nokia 1100's. Thats pretty bad. I think the standby-clock in 1100 is really fantastic. Its very clearly to watch. I guess Nokia wanted to make some "extra special" stanby-clock in 2300, but in my opinion they went "to far" in that case, cos the "stanby"-clock in 2300 isnt in my taste.
* Another bad thing. In my 2300 ("V. 3.42 28-01-04 (c) NMP" - when I press *#0000#) the writing in sms goes a bit "bad" when the sms is longer than 160 letters - in some situations letters turn to numbers - & many other strange things. Though this is only happen in so called T9-writing.
And u can only type about 3x160 letters (3 sms) at one time. Not so good. Nokia 2310 does 5x160 (5 sms). That is be better.
Too bad that many people has had much trouble with "bad firmware" & hang ups & so with 2300. Not fun... Though my 2300's is quite ok.
I really like the design of 2300! Nokia dont do phones with that kind of look any longer. Too bad!...
And the phone is also quite small. I think phones like Nokia 2300, 2310, 1100, & so on, got a very comfortable size. But - for example - such phones as Nokia 5310 Xpress Music are TOO thin. Its not comfortable with that size I think. (If u are technical competent, 5310 is also extremely diffically to open in a more ways if u want to open more than only the cover of battery-/sim-card...)
So in short words - Nokia 2300 got:
Fantastic unique ring-signals, & got a really "pro" (mono) radio! And much more.
Ok - the phone did not at all(!) reach the selling top - like Nokia 1100..., but I think those who like 2300 phone (if it not got big defects) are happy with it!
Its really a Special mobile phone ... :)