And also, i love to use the flash messaging added by the v.06.01. These are messages that would instantly be displayed on the recipient's phone screen and they will not be having a control whether they would read your message or not because it would be blinking in the recipient's screen(though, these messages isn't saved and cannot be found in the inbox).To give you an example, it is basically a text messaging feature but appears like a reminder or a to-do note. It's a great addition. I have surprised a lot of my classmates with that feature. :-D
I recommend you all to upgrade your firmware to v.06.01. My observations with firmware v.06.01:
1. The restarting problem was just suddenly turned into a legend. I haven't experienced restarting problem even for a single time.
2. When you have an unread message and you haven't opened your phone yet, the phone's backlight will keep on blinking every 5 seconds even when it is already in the power saving mode and thus it would be very rare for you to miss a very important message.
Bro, just want to ask something. I have captured a 5 minute video(3gp) with my phone and i tried to convert that 3gp video to mp4. I have observed that the video was not as smooth as in the 3gp video. I mean, it was somewhat like slowing down. So my question is, do you know in what framerate does this phone plays the mp4 videos?.
Yes it supports mp4 videos. Just make sure the resolution is exactly 176x144. Or else, it won't play.
simply,its the practical phone ,as comparing price with features he will win from many nokia or other manufacturer . The only disadvantige is its software base S40 .I think its resonable ... choose it
Flash Lite 3 can play Flash 8 files, video and multimedia. Flash Lite 2.0 is compatible with Flash 7.0.
All these RESTART issue is confusing me. I have not had any such problems yet (Touch Wood). I have music, video, games, photos etc in the mem card. I have no answers for the problems... I think and ideas shared below (for restart problems) in a lot of postings are fair enough. Please go thru all of these ... try to solve the problems ... and Good Luck!
it is not a good phon it gets off 10-15 times in a day without any virous
additional info: my phone restarted after i successfully transferred the file.don't you have any idea if restarting cond. really affects some settings of the phone like the ring tones?any info will be very much appreciated. thanks anyway for replying to my query.anybody who has experienced this please post your opinions.
Sorry, i don't know what to advise with regards to the restarting when sending files via bluetooth since i haven't experienced that.
a lots of info have been posted for restart issues already...i think you have installed a corrupt mp3 file in handset..be careful.
i just bought my 3110c mobile last thursday and im so happy with it...low price for a feature-rich handset,however, last night i encountered the restarting problem for the first time while i was transferring an image to another nokia handset thru bluetooth.i think that was my first time to transfer file. when i tried to send files again (4 images), it did not restarted, however, just this morning i noticed that my ring tones in my profiles had gone back to nokia tune though i have set diff ring tones to my profiles already since i bought this..is this normal?by the way, i have tried to access the Yahoo! Go before this thing happened. My phone seems to hang while accessing the Yahoo Go so i just cancelled it and delete it permanently from my phone.After that, i begun the transferring of file and thats when the phone restarted. please advise. i love this phone so much and dont want to experience so many troubles in the future. thanks.
No. The point is, you must only apply a theme that is only compatible with the 3110c and it's not the mistake of Nokia rather than the mistake of the user that the user used to apply incompatible themes.
i bought this phone in oct 07 and till today it worked perfectly, not a single restart.5 months of joy.but now everything has changed dramatically. my phone restarts as if it was made for restarting. i donno where things have went wrong. i had a mp3 file which the phone refused to recognize as mp3 file. iremoved thta file still no respite tan i formatted my mmc still no respite then i even reinstalled my firmware v5.50 still same thing. can any of u ppl suggest me where things are going wrong. the fact that it was runing soo smooth for 5 months wt went wrong today.now i cant update my music library when i do that it restarts cant attain phone calls. after sometime i again formatted mmc n filled only 12 songs (50 mb) .there was atime when i used have my mem filled upto 486 mb. with only 12 songs its working fine plzz tell the causes for this n precautions which i need to take.
this phone restarts like hell
whether nokia has any solution for this??
i see soo many ppl here r coming with ideas so that phone does not restarts
but the point is y shud we be restricted from using diff themes.Just bcoz nokia made a mistake, y shud we suffer?
To all of the other users of this 3110c that are experiencing the restart problem:
1. Avoid loading incompatible media files like WMV and AVI. It would result to a heavy restarting since the 3110c doesn't support the above media formats.
2. Avoid adding corrupted music files. It would result to severe restarting once you update the music library and the device would fail to startup because when a phone starts up, it would first read the files stored on the phone and memory card. And once the phone could detect incompatible and/or corrupted media or music files, it would fail to open and then switches itself off.
3. Make sure you have bought a quality(not damaged) micro sd card. And also, some memory cards need to be formatted first before they can be used but most are preformatted so better ask the attendant from where you bought your micro sd if it still requires formatting before they can be used or not.
4. Make sure you only apply themes that have the 128x160 resolution.
5. Make sure you store the images and the music files in separate folders.
6. Maintain at least 2 MB of the phone's internal memory.
Nothing to worry about viruses.. Hope this helps..
I'm yet to figure out how important does the Flash Lite 3.0 Developer is on the application/software engineers but just a little knowledge about flash lite 3.0 developer is, it allows mobile users to view the flash animations in a certain website like for example the flash video website YouTube.