Nokia 3110 classic - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.6
7.6
7.5

can somebody tell me how the sound is like - stereo or mono

• 2007-07-21 06:04
  • P$Yy

Good phone. But the camera quality is poor. It hangs and does not act fast. You can't use it to snap a moving object. The object must be very still in good light to get a good quality.
Another thing...Nokia should have included the USB cable and a card of at least 256mb. No card included, no USB cable included. What a shame or... was i ripped off by my dealer?

• 2007-07-20 19:37
  • Ssn3

get the 3110 from mobiles direct great deals on offer

• 2007-07-20 17:20
  • Na%J

I have just bought this phone .. Man its really cool ! the sound is great the only problem is that the headphone that comes with it has a 1 ear only so I had to buy another original headphone which was really cheap .. I always bought a 512 MB MicroSD and it works great . uploaded all my songs onto and weeeehaaa :)

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY LOL

• 2007-07-20 17:12
  • iEux

Ray,

Thanks dear, I am now releaved that this is not a fault of my piece only.

Now just to tell you that I have found that when I changed Profile to Outdoor then the RingTone & AlertTone files (*.mxmf & *.aac) were playing much louder, but still the *.Amr files played at lower volume, by this I conclude that there is definately problem with software which cannot play *.amr files at louder levels.

If Nokia people can read this Msg please giove your comments and give correction in Mobile's Firmware for this Bug.

• 2007-07-19 19:16
  • 2@qa

Dev

No fault in your piece, even in my piece AMR sounds very low.

• 2007-07-19 18:38
  • ij1Z

Hi all,
I just bought this phone, it works well in all the aspects, but I have a question to all those using this phone.

While MP3 files plays to high level (Much Louder) in my phone, but all other audio files including Mobile Tones, Alert Tones as well as recorder files playing very low volume as these same files (amr, aac, mxmf) plays much louder in my other Nokia mobile Nokia-6085. Is this same with all of
user of 3110 Or its fault in my piece only.
Your reply by e-mail or on this msg will help me out. (I tried to adjust equaliseer but it has no effect on above).

• 2007-07-19 11:37
  • 2@XE

hello friends.... i need your help. can anyone of you tell me how the web browser works on the 3110c? since it has got edge hope it'll be fine. moreover can opera mini browser be installed in this phone. please help me coz i wanna buy this phone to surf the net. thanks a ton.... in advance.

• 2007-07-19 09:43
  • M@T2

@Dgunner

Thanx buddy.. i'l do tht

• 2007-07-19 03:01
  • PIdL

I wanna no if this has a speaker phone and if the speaker is really loud and good.

• 2007-07-19 02:10
  • kR2w

TO RICHIE, ur retailer doesn't seem to know wat he was saying or he has no memory card higher than 512. The phone can handle 2g not to talk of 1g which is wat i currently have in mine and it doesn't hang!. Go 4 1g pal. TO VK, nokia 6233 themes work well on this phone, im making a statement with some themes i got from www.zedge.net they are soooo nice. Register and you will be able to download as many as you want. Remember to select 6233 as ur phone

• 2007-07-18 22:49
  • M@T2

Hi, I'm going to buy the nokia 3110 classic tomo after being encouraged by all user reviews :)
I still have a doubt regarding the size of the microSD.. should i settle for 512 mb or 1 gb

the retailer says that the phone 'hangs' with 1 GB card.

anybody facing the probem

• 2007-07-18 18:36
  • PIdL

it says on the nokia website that the phone has 16mb flash memory and 32mb ram plus 9mb user memory..does this mean that all these memories combined is what i get to work with?can someone please explain..thanks

• 2007-07-18 17:41
  • MvVu

Hello all,

I bought this phone from a distributor in Baku, and the phone died the first evening, while I was transferring files from a different phone via bluetooth. I brought it back the next day, and the distributor reinstalled the software. As soon as I tried to send some songs from my PC (via bluetooth) the same evening, the phone died on me again. I brought it back and had the soft reinstalled again. This time around, I started transferring files right on the service center, and the phone died on me yet again.

The distributor claims to have replaced the internal parts of the phone while leaving the cover (return guarantees in Azerbaijan work differently), since I "scratched" it already.

Anywho, I took the "new" phone and have not experimented with it yet. Just sent a couple of files via bluetooth, and it worked fine. But I did not send too many files, like I did in the past. To be frank, I was too tired of going back to the same service center, so I acted carefully this time around.

The problem may be from a software glitch which messes things up when you try to send too many files over and the transfer exceeds the phone's memory size (that was the only common element of my file transfers). Has anyone come across a problem like mine?

• 2007-07-18 09:54
  • GwM1

Hi, I just bought Nokia 3110 Classic yesterday. I am really Impressed by this phone. Great job done by Nokia. I just wanted to Know --- Can I download more themes in this phone? If yes where can I find it ?

• 2007-07-18 08:10
  • PAZC

--when play mp3 songs or any other audio files. i want to know the sound quality Nokia 3110 classic and overall worth Plz any one reply me
A:IMHO, the overall of the sound is ok. they are loud and well heard on its bundled earphone. you can play around with its preset EQ and also set your own EQ according to your own preferences. As for the sound quality, if u've got a higher demand, i'm afraid it may not fulfill ur requirement as it is lack of bass element. But for overall, it is clear and accetable. It can be your daily mp3 player beside than it is a phone.

• 2007-07-18 05:20
  • TS{H

• 2007-07-17 21:33
  • 2SMx

To confused soul,

-the samsung seems prettier than the nokia.should i be sacrificing reliability over looks?
A: IMHO, i'll go for reliability over look. Think farer bro :)

-they both seem to be having the same specifications.but the screen on the nokia is smaller than the samsung though the nokia has a higher resolution.
A: Yeap, I tried the E250 b4 i purchased the D900 and believe me, u'll never impress with E250's screen. 3110C is way better than it.

-is the slider reliable over long and frequent use?
A: logically, in long term use, prepare for its tear and wear is going to happen...so...

-can either of the phones survive falls once in a while?
A: I'm afraid, this kind of gadgets is not meant nor design for falling down purpose, so, better keep n take care of ur gadgets altho u cant say it urself that u wouldnt drop it accidently in future.

Lastly, not to say E250 is not good. E250 is user friendly too in terms of its UI bcoz it's quite similar to D900's but lack of afew features only. For functionalities wise, I'll go for 3110C. And 1 more thing, E250 is only having a 0.3MP while 3110C is 1.3MP which may come in handy for u to have a acceptable quick pict shots ;) Good luck buddy !! :)

• 2007-07-17 18:58
  • TS$K

i have a 2610, batery life is very good 8,9 days with 5,10 minute per day
Why 3110 that have a 1020 mha batery long last about 5 days ?

• 2007-07-17 17:22
  • mcX@

A couple of days before I have asked a question about the sound quality or settings issue.

I have figured it out myself. Nokia has done a new thing in its profile settings.

The volume is hard coded.

That is, if you select "silent" as your profile, and increase your volume to the maximum level that will not take effect. It will be loud enough as per that profile. So if you want the highest volume, you have to select the profile "outdoor".

My overall opinion about the phone after using it for around a month.

An awesome "allrounder" for its price. In Chennai, India it just costs Rs.6,400.00 only.

I did not make a mistake by buying a N1100 earlier. And I have the same strong feeling that I did not make a mistake buy buying this N3110C now ... :)

• 2007-07-17 15:43
  • juR2
Total of 6407 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 3110 classic.