I've had this phone 13 months and Its crap! I took great care of this phone as it was my first.When I make calls it usually cuts out. Also, the side lights/rubber things turned yellow and have now peeled off, i now just have the plastic. The back cover is coming apart from the rest of the phone. The phone itself constantly turns itself off and is hard to turn back on if it even lets you. overall i wouldnt reccommend this phone to anyone.
I have this phone from last 2 years and its very cool. I neveer encuntred with any problem.
Pls can someone tell me some wsite from i can download some nokia 3220 themes? plsssss i already saw zedge but tey aren't so nice. Pls replayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I have owned this phone since December '04 when it first came out in Australia. I purchased it to replace my Nokie 3315 which was a reliable phone. I must admit that this phone has lived up to the standards of its predecessor to this degree but there are many differences between the two.
- Camera- yes photo quality is quite poor but what more would you expect from a budget, entry-model phone.
- Messaging Capability- This mobile is quite good for messaging. T9 prdeictive text is useful but can get annoying as few words people actually use are included, but if you are a quick texter this phone is ideal. You are able to send SMS and MMS messages as well as Flash messages also.
- Video Recorder- Reasonable quality but again what more would you expect from an entry model phone. Many other phones in this range do not have this feature.
- Individuality!- This phone is ideal if you want to stand out from the crowd. You are able to change the colour of the menu to various shades other than the standard blue, change the ringtones and wallpaper, there are many animated screensavers pre-loaded onto the phone and interchangable covers/cutouts make it stand out.
- Java Games- There are various games pre-loaded onto the phone so you do not necessarily need to go out and purchase new ones. They are easy to play and quite fun with the lights and sounds turned on.
- Lights and side grips- The lights are quite useful if you are in a loud area or have missed a call or received a message. The grips make the phone more stable and make it much easier to hold. Light functions are also able to be turned off.
- Memory- Common complaint of memory being an issue was not relevant in my case. At one time I held over 35 full size photos in my gallery as well as a couple of videos and voice recordings. At times it can be annoying if it is full and you are unable to delete anything at present but I have also held over 300 messages in my inbox on top of this so I believe it is quite good.
- Battery Life- If you tend to spend quite a lot of time on the phone than the battery life may deteriorate quite rapidly. A 30 minute call will bring down your battery life dramatically.
- Phone turning itself off automatically- From the time this phone was merely 3 months old it began spasmodically turning itself on and off. This seems to be a common problem with this phone and at first I thought nothing of it. Often when this happens it will take quite a while to turn back on- if it does so at all, and sometimes I have lost details and photos on my contacts which is painful. This most commonly occurs while taking a photo, and is not due to temperature change or being dropped.
- Loss of Java Games!- I had only had the phone for a month at the most when two of my Java games became un-usable. They were totally erased from the phone and the selector turned grey when I scrolled to them. If I attempted to open the file my phone would again freeze and turn itself off.
- Side grips- They deteriorate rapidly over time due to regular use and initially turn yellow. After some time they then begin to peel which makes the phone look quite ugly and old but they can be purchased new to replace old ones.
- Covers- The standard Nokia cover becomes loose after time and often the rear cover will come off. New covers are able to be purchased new but the cost is not worth it when they too will loosen easily.
This phone is quite good as a budget model and is quite cheap to purchase. You are able to purchase the DKU-5 Data cable seperately to transfer photos and videos to you computer which is a bonus. It is a good phone if you just want something simple to use and will not let you down in that respect. If you look after the phone it will last you quite a while. I would recommend it to purchase but like any product, there will be a few that will not be as reliable as others.
i had this phone for almost 1 year and it's great. i've never encountered any problems with it, or any other nokia phone i had in the past (i think it's the way you handle your phone that's why you get problems and glitches and stuff like that). the only thing i don't like about this phone is the memory capacity, only 3mb. it's a really reliable phone. i've dropped it about 24 times and its still in good shape. once i dropped it 5'5 feet above ground and it fell on the rocky floor and no scratches or whatsoever! haha =) and it's "bagay" for teenagers like me because it looks cool and hip. i have the red one with the blue trim around and whenever i text or call around my friends, it stands out and they eventually notice it =). battery life is good, but it will obviously shorten to 2 days if you use it to the max or "todo-todo" but if you use it occasionally for replying messages, receiving calls it can last up to 4-7 days. the lights are very useful because in a noisy place, it can still remind me that i have a call or i have a message. camera and video quality is good too. i can say this is a good phone but because of its small memory capacity, you might get disappointed. i'm going to change to a nokia 6230i but i will surely miss the nokia 3220 of mine.
I've not had this phone long now but I've had many compliments on it. Only got it as a cheap phone untill I can afford top of the range one - but am quite happy with it, simple to use and fun. Find the lightin on side easier to find it and found changable covers and rubber things perfect to change with wadrobe :) perfectum for a start up cam phone for teens I think or for older gen who want something a little simplistic :)
Very nice and practical phone, it looks little bit funkey, but those side lights turned out to be very useful when there are missed calls or sms's, the camera might not be that good, but regarding the price its good that there is a camera, the only problem is that the data cable to the PC is sold at half the price of the phone itself !
i had this phone for a little over over a year and i always get compliments on it but its so small i lost it in my room maybe 5-10 times so i'm giving to my big sister. also the rubber things on the side have become worn down and ugly and i've lost 1 but it makes my phone look really funky
I have not got the phone yet and it sounds as if the phone has too small a memory smace judgeing by the comments that people have made so i mite think about geting adifferent phone.By the way im 11.
i have had this phone for about a year and a half now and it is small and light but there deff needs to be more memory and infered, the pop port on mine phone doesnt work i really dont no why. But from that it is an ok phone x
Graeat phone. you can use it as a modem to browse internet from PC. Because of inbuilt EDGE, you will get high speed internet on your PC. to do this u will have to follow the sequence: Install Data Cable Driver, then Install PC Suite for Nokia, from control panel select phones and modems (classic view), select modem, select add, then check on "I will select it from list" then select Nokia and model (3220). Create a dial up connection as it is told by the service provider. Only problem of this phone is low memory and absence of IR or blue tooth.
Great design but the only problem is the memory it has a very small memory and has no card slot infrared.
Hey I like the phone, it is small and it lights up when there is a call or message. But for a camera and video phone, I expected for one, MORE MEMORY and at least inferred. I am very disappointed with that. I can't download anything from the internet, for example mp3 songs or any song for that matter. I like gadgets and right now this phone is like almost no use to me
I really love my 3220, but I have one problem. The little rubber-grippy things on the side are starting to peel!! Its making me crazy and I want to replace them. Any idea where I can get them/order them online? I'm in Toronto. Thanks!!
i have this phone in a month....and the people who likes to destroy the image of this phone to the people who like to buy it...well all of you sucks.....because you can change the grips of this phone....!!!! because i have severall colors of the grips...i have blue....white...red...pink...and green!!!!
great phone, but as others said, insufficient memory is a bit of a problem. Still love it, especially when it rings at night. There's an accessory available, for the Pop-Port, with which one can enable bluetooth support. Neat, eh?
i have this phone. but i dun really like the round edges and the grips are kinda getting yellow
is there housing that can change the look of the phoen entirely. like without holes for the grips..??
the phone works fine. still u can't play mp3's and you need that pop-port cable instead of a fast standard USB cable. Another issue I've found during it's using was that the 4 rubber pads slowly became undone. I don't know how many time they will last. Other trouble is that u can't add midis easily. They have to be DONE for this cellphone, I used all Nokia softs to convert, but still doesn't work...
this cellphone is comparable to Motorola C650. Even though Nokia 3220 has a better screen, Moto C650 plays MP3's, plays all midis and uses standard USB cable to connect to a pc.
And also people this phone hasn't got a memory card!!!This phone hasn't bluetooth and it can't have one!!!You can't install bluetooth or other things on this phone!!!