Nokia 500 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.2
7.1

Its an awsome fon..no doubt

• 2014-11-18 20:05
  • YQ%y

I got the same problem, I can't access my phone when there is simcard.
I had repaired it, it was working for about 2 weeks, and then the problem come back.

• 2014-11-17 14:41
  • KhsE

> In reply to tgnages @ 2014-11-11 14:48 from ijiJ - click to readMe too facing the same problem wid it. Nokia care askd me to repair it for 2500. Its a mother problem of nokia phones. So its better to buy a new phone.

• 2014-11-17 08:11
  • Xufx

Been using this phone since it was launched in Indian market. An awesome phone it is, and after upgradation to Nokia Belle; its just worth it.

• 2014-11-13 11:38
  • rK8X

still now i could not connect with wifi but it shows the wifispot

• 2014-11-12 11:20
  • vG4b

PPl I need your help.
I bought Nokia 500 2 years back.
Everything fine with this mobile.
Just few days after the expiry of warranty,I got a problem with this mobile,till now i am not able to solve that.
The problem is the phone automatically switches off with sim card inserted.without sim card i am able to access other features such as camera,notes,music and videos.
but if i insert sim card in the mobile and switch it on,again it automatically switches off.
I bought this mobile for only 10000 but at nokia care , those ppl are asking around 6000-7000 for the repair.
can anyone tell exactly what might be the problem??
If so pls give me a solution to solve it other than throwing it away or just use it with out sim and network for which mobile phones are usually meant for.
Pls help me solve this

• 2014-11-11 14:48
  • ijiJ

I am using dis phn...nthng prblm till yet...nyc 1

• 2014-11-09 16:24
  • w43M

It may not have features of galaxy note 4 or iphone 6. But this phone is best to use. It is very compact to use. Touch response is not too good but ok.

• 2014-11-08 03:34
  • vbTQ

i delete n restore it and i lost some important applications, so when i try to install applications and games it says file corrupted also i lost the photo and vedio editor i don't know how to install it again, i need help people

• 2014-11-07 21:12
  • NmRN

ggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddd­d

• 2014-10-24 17:32
  • ppS2

i lost my Video edditer hw do i gt it back?

• 2014-10-24 04:32
  • NrJx

had the phone in july 2012 @ first it was the best, it never gave me any problems. Feb 2013 it no longer wanted to install any programes or games. When i checked the phone memory it said it was corrupted. Tried to format it, but only the mass memory is reset. Other than that I still rate it highly.

• 2014-10-22 14:44
  • rjGm

This phone is absolutely terrible. Super unreliable, and just downright frustrating.

Where do I even start?

-It freezes and shuts down frequently. When you're on a call, when you're browsing, or when you're trying to take a picture. Or even when you've just about finished typing a long text message or email. It does NOT save what you are typing.

-The alarm sometimes does not go off. Super unreliable. Maybe 1 in 10 times this will happen. When I wake up and check it, it's still 80% battery life, and it's still on, and the alarm is still set to the correct time, it just didn't trigger.. The first time this happened I missed a job interview. I'm not kidding. I bought a clock radio and use that instead now.

-Unlocking it is sometimes impossible. Clicking the unlock button will make it vibrate slightly, and it is supposed to show an unlock button on the screen. Sometimes it doesn't, and the only way to unlock it is to take the battery out and restart.

-The contact list sometimes disappears, but not to fear. It'll repopulate after taking the battery out and restarting.

-Here's a big one. The phone DOES NOT RING WHEN IT'S PLUGGED IN. Which is especially frustrating when you're expecting a call but are low on battery power.

-I think this is service related: but fairly often I don't receive texts unless I restart the phone.

-The memory allotted to the browser is sometimes insufficient to load some pages.

If I still haven't scared you away, here are the pros:
- Offline maps are quite useful.
- Customizable home screen.
- Find a contact using speech (hold the green talk button for 2 seconds).
- Wifi usually no problems.
- Phone is small and light.

• 2014-10-19 21:22
  • EFMw

i've purchased from my friend,bt sometimes,it get hanged.so i recommend to move into any otherproduct.

• 2014-10-19 16:21
  • KAI3

I have bought this phone recently and I want to instal German HUngarian dictionary on it.
Is it possible???

Thanks

• 2014-10-13 22:30
  • 0k@Y

> In reply to Akash @ 2014-09-25 08:55 from uNfm - click to readmay be due to virus. am also using the same phone. just format the phone. it will be alright.

• 2014-10-09 14:08
  • Trpd

I really don't get the point of discussing the pros and cons of this phone when nokia has discontinued this model some 20 months ago. I already upgraded to an xperia sp in dec 2013 and am now going to buy a nexus 5. Long live android. Symbian died long, long ago lol :P

• 2014-10-05 18:52
  • rANw

been using the model for 2 years.Pretty good.
PROS:..awesome voice recorder.camera is upto the mark.no flash though.Tough enough to to withstand freefalls.

native browser is crappy.nokia store fails to satisfy needs.no more updates. had to delete angrybirds so as to prevet constantly bugging ram issue.

• 2014-09-29 17:38
  • uum1

My Nokia Phone's Camera sometimes not open. Often, taking a photo, camera does not open. The phone claim that the memory is full. but, 219 MB is free at my Phon RAM

• 2014-09-25 08:55
  • uNfm

I have been using this Nokia N 500 for almost 2 yrs from now without any Problem. But recently I had made a phone call. Then suddenly the device was switched off itself.I tried to restart the phone again. It then was on and immediately off. Please who can tell me what the problem is?
I can access the Phone when there is no sim card.
I had contacted Service Centre of NOKIA in Vizag. But they are unable to detect the problem.
Is it the performance of a mobile set of Rs. 11,000.00 of a renowned company?
Pl. suggest any remedy.
Thanks and regards,

GAUTAM SARKAR

• 2014-09-24 19:38
  • X0{1
Total of 5693 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 500.