Nokia 5140i - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

6.7
6.6
6.6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-22 13:46 from 0T8M - click to readIt dosen't survive hot coffee

• 2014-10-07 21:42
  • mhm7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-11 04:23 from LH0S - click to readBenefon had GPS years earlier.

• 2014-05-28 18:55
  • SsAB

the first gps on cell phone. It was released couple of years later and was optional. The gps was in the bottom cover. Great phone

• 2013-07-11 04:23
  • LH0S

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-29 08:11 from HHHH - click to readstill on ebay just got one for mine

• 2013-06-24 00:10
  • nF4q

Great phone, I've used mobiles since mobiles were invented. This little phone was the best ever made for taking it tough and bouncing back. Easy to use, powerful and quick to navigate. Screen is a bit small, but the way it worked was fantastic.

• 2013-06-07 06:50
  • Bqt%

men that phone is waterproof

• 2012-11-22 13:46
  • 0T8M

I absolutely love the Nokia 5140i. I have had mine since it came out. Still working beautifully.
Living in Malawi, the only problem i am facing is to obtain the original cover for the phone. Mine is deteriorating. I would appreciate it if you could help me in finding/ordering 3 or 4 covers.
Would really appreciate your feedback.
Regards,

Tony

• 2012-08-29 08:11
  • HHHH

nokia 5140i is the best phone nokia has made

• 2012-08-23 21:48
  • 3A1n

I got my Nokia 5140i the same year it came out. Have used it for 6 years now. Still have the original battery and it lasts for 6-7 days easily. 5140i is what a mobile phone should be. I have no bad words for this phone. It has fallen on solid ground from over 5m, been in water several times (I lost it one day and it staied under the rain outside thru the night - no problem for this phone:D )
Sry for my bad english
But all i wanted to say was:
Nokia 5150i - Best Mobile In The World

• 2011-11-02 18:48
  • JA84

I have been demanded the covers of this model in my shop in suburban area here, it is not available by the suppliers here in Ethiopia.If it is possible to send me some from your old sock please I am here to appreciate your good service. My post box address is:-
Mesfin Tadesse PO BOX 14588 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

• 2011-10-06 10:13
  • S0ut

This phone is one of the best phones Nokia has ever produced in my opinion. It's built like a rock, has an impressive battery (up to now!) and the flashlight and compass come in very handy. You can do basic stuff on the internet with it (like googling something), though the phone isn't great surfing on the web. The keyboard just feels right. The phone can be used while showering (tested this), withstands short submerging in water (didn't do that one on purpose) and a LOT of abuse. I've had mine for nearly five years now and it hasn't given me the slightest discomfort. Nokia, please make more phones like this one. It's awesome.

• 2011-08-12 23:30
  • JD0s

i have this one before and it's so cool to have this kind of phone!!it is so handy and so smooth to handle with!i hope there is still more in the mall..especially in the nokia store's..

• 2011-04-26 12:43
  • RxnW

I still own one green 5140i and it still works as new ! I replaced only its battery with a slightly bigger one, 850 mah instead of 760, but the talk time is still as stated in the technical specs, and stand by time is at least 1 week if I use more my other phone (6710 Navigator). Only the rubber keypad wears quick, but you can find a replacement. I like a lot the thermometer feature and its rubber coating which saved the phone from a lot of accidents. Even my kid didn't manage to break it! When a lot of people still use the modern cellphones only at voice calls I don't see the reason why buy these expensive full-featured mini-laptops with big dusplays that eats battery quick!

• 2011-02-28 18:23
  • nDLV

One of the best Nokia's made ever... I'd really wait for re-release, with more available options. Works fine even in 2011, after few years of use. Too bad that memory is too small for storing music :(
Survives much better than s*itty Nokia 5800, which got corrupt quite fast...

• 2011-02-20 16:37
  • pI$j

best phone nokia ever made , rugged phone as am pretty careless about dropping these had mine since 2004 new and still workin strong 2011. even though i dont use most of the features long as it texts & calls ! hope they do a re- release.

• 2010-12-27 10:42
  • i2GE

> In reply to Amit @ 2010-12-10 20:55 from t}aB - click to read"Is this model discontinued"?

Wow...that has to be the question of the year!

• 2010-12-21 03:45
  • pFmw

> In reply to Amit @ 2010-12-10 20:55 from t}aB - click to readYes it is discounted couple of years ago, your only way to get new housing is EBAY. No other cheap way.

• 2010-12-15 09:02
  • 0xMI

I am still using my first and my only cellphone(Nokia 5140i). The plastic/rubber body is poorly damaged after 3 and a half years of use. And I couldn't find it in any nearby Nokia stores.
Is this model discontinued?

• 2010-12-10 20:55
  • t}aB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-05 11:38 from DVqg - click to readOn my Nokia 5100 (model before 5140i)I use upper arrow on joystick to turn on/off led ... :)
Best regards .. hope I help !

• 2010-11-14 02:16
  • 0Ert

hold the # button

• 2010-10-15 23:13
  • pu02
Total of 385 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 5140i.