Nokia 515 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.9
7.4
7.5

I bought this phone because it represented a choice - to opt out of corporate privacy antagonism. They can't warehouse enough data on your personal life and they can't make enough money off you. It's stupid.

I've ditched Google all together. I've had a gmail acct since invitation-only beta and now I use fastmail. I only use my Nexus 4 to watch videos in bed anymore - now I use the 515 and it's beautiful.

I get calls, txts, emails and I can take beautiful pictures. That's all I need it to do. Thank you.

This phone is fantastic.

• 2014-05-09 04:28
  • 4GSs

Wi-Fi
no avilabil Wi-Fi is a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) technology. no contact with wireless high-speed data connections between mobile data devices (such as laptops, PDAs or phones) and nearby Wi-Fi access points (special hardware connected to a wired network).

• 2014-05-01 09:42
  • HxeE

> In reply to AdamBoy64 @ 2014-04-29 03:12 from Fv4$ - click to readStill available most places but then again which country are you from?

• 2014-04-30 23:03
  • Lh@S

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-29 11:45 from nspY - click to readYes, Slight delays are expected.

• 2014-04-30 00:59
  • KIF@

> In reply to Daniyal Jatoi @ 2014-04-17 01:15 from KIEZ - click to readI'd like to ask about the Nokia 515 DUAL Sim. Does anyone have delays or any other problem because of the second sim?
I personally don't think so, as it is a 2013 release and as a result of that everything(processors,...) will be working great.
Can anyone who has or had the Dual Sim version help me??

• 2014-04-29 11:45
  • nspY

Would love to find this phone.
Seems to be hard to come across now.

• 2014-04-29 03:12
  • Fv4$

> In reply to Anon @ 2014-04-27 15:00 from vMfZ - click to readIn regards to your question, the keypad doesn't fade as it's plastic coated unlike the older versions like 6300.....however that phone was a nice old Nokia too!

• 2014-04-28 22:26
  • 3J7I

> In reply to Remi31 @ 2014-04-27 23:32 from mxSt - click to readHi friend, i agree what you said that its standby time is 38 days . .but you know ? if we buy mobile phone
we need to use it . I think without browsing internet (for calling only) we can use it for three or four days.
Its price is expensive in comparison with the others middle class smart phone.
But i'll need it if it has 8 or 12 mega pixel camera ( carl zeiss optic) because it can be my light weight
Camera Phone.
I believe in Nokia product (Quality), but Nokia did not provide many option for me that i can choose. .
Nowaday i still use Nokia N8 to be my primary camera phone . . its camera is amazing even it is little
bit heavy for me . .but its OS is not up to date:(
Anyway i still wait for small and up to date camera phone especially Nokia Phone .

• 2014-04-28 17:30
  • XMPx

Lots of comments on how you could get a new smartphone with more features for the same price. But have you thought that after 1 day your smartphone has 0 features because it is out of battery and is completely useless?

This one hold his battery for 38 days!!!!!!

• 2014-04-27 23:32
  • mxSt

Even metal phones in the 90s were only $80.00 way over priced. Why is it so special? do keypad letters fade as reported.

• 2014-04-27 15:00
  • vMfZ

> In reply to JWD @ 2014-03-27 10:58 from uWFS - click to readIs skype audio/whatsapp work on it

• 2014-04-27 14:32
  • 0ZET

> In reply to Thomas @ 2014-04-20 22:53 from 3J7I - click to readSuper phone.. super shape

• 2014-04-23 14:01
  • s%{J

Great phone! I love the style and the metal finish. Well done Nokia!

• 2014-04-20 22:53
  • 3J7I

> In reply to want @ 2014-04-19 16:49 from t7Xr - click to readquite an expensive s40 phone but if got lots of money then go grab it u might be d only one having it in the phil haha...im planning opt to buy or swap my 301 to this if itll ever arrive in the phil...but now ill just be waiting for nokia 225

• 2014-04-20 11:37
  • PSvp

> In reply to Marshal @ 2014-04-02 19:21 from t7E% - click to readwould it be wise to buy this online? i found one that's Php 6799 with free shipping. Customs may charge something so i'm expecting it'll cost me about 7k+.. I don't think this will be released here.

• 2014-04-19 16:49
  • t7Xr

Updated software via OTA to v10.34 on my Nokia 515 Dual Sim. It updated fine. Had to restart today because of the requirement to get MMS activated on my handset. It isn't turning on now. Have tried taking out the battery and have tried putting it on charge for 2 hours even. Don't know what to do. It is under warranty though but if i send it on warranty claim its gonna take almost a month and all my important messages and contacts are gonna be lost. And definitely i am gonna update it from time to time so does that mean i am gonna face the same issue the next time it comes back from the warranty center and i update it. I very much love the phone and its premium quality. It's a perfect business phone but i feel kind of let down now. This should not be happening.

• 2014-04-17 01:15
  • KIEZ

so many missing in nokia 515,wifi, slow mp3 player better upgrade nokia n95, friendly and organizer is usuabble.

• 2014-04-14 11:42
  • 8jpX

• 2014-04-14 11:28
  • 8jpX

Don't buy this one. Battery quality is too bad. My father bought one and he has to charge it everyday.

• 2014-04-10 13:42
  • K6mH

wow price $135 USD, too expensive

• 2014-04-07 23:31
  • tErV
Total of 753 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 515.