hello guys just wanted to know how to use stopwatch in this phone ... i just searched for it thrughout my phone bt cudnt find it any where
hary, 26 Jun 2010Can anyone tell me how to get a video call from 5230, cos i don't have that option in my call ... moreni u cant make video calls with dis phone cos its not provided with a front video calling camera
Very Bad phone. Stopped working within a week of purchase. Touch screen is also not that good. Sound quality is poor. And bad reparing centers as well.
noypi, 25 Jun 2010i edited v.20.0.005 firmware to include some modifications like theme effects and faster ui. i... morehey trojan please mail me from where u get the firmware update for this phone.plz help me.my mail id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can anyone tell me how to get a video call from 5230, cos i don't have that option in my call options...
But i can see 3G signal in my phone. do i have to change any settings..???
What is difference-5230 & 5233.can we watch live tv in 5233 using 2g, like 5230
I've been saving up for this phone for a few weeks now and I just wondered if it was worth buying? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
akash, 26 Jun 2010hey brother just wanted to know via from where have you updated you phones firmware. dl fw via navifirm and cookwed it myself then use jaf to flash
noypi, 25 Jun 2010i edited v.20.0.005 firmware to include some modifications like theme effects and faster ui. i... morehey brother just wanted to know via from where have you updated you phones firmware.
hey u guys.. i cant see any speakers anywhere in this phone, unlyk those in xpressmusic or odr mobs.. wer is d speaker dude??
I bought 5230 last week. Please find my pros/cons which i have tested some specific features in this mobile:
- MP4 video recorder really good and i could play the same mp4 format with my ipod touch without any conversion.
- I am using AVER TV6 USB TV tuner card to copy TV programme into MP4H format. I can play this format video on 5230 and ipod touch without any conversion. It's really great.
- 3.2 inch screen is really wide and cool clear picture.
- Even 2MP camera, picture quality is good without flash. 6303 having 3.2MP with flash But compare to this, i feel this 2MP more than enough.
- U can install pdf reader, word, excel reader software from quickoffice.com website. Note: U will get certification problem (or) base software problem while installing. Don't waste time to search quickoffice software other than quickoffice.com. Those cracked software won't work for your device. I failed after trying everything. Finally i raised ticket to quickoffice customer care. They sent their own version of quick office and pdf reader (7 days trial version). I have installed successfully. Now i can read pdf, word, excel on this mobile. Don't waste extra bugs to buy other higher model just for document viewer. Because u will get offered price to buy this software from quickoffice for this model.
- I bought Rs.7500 in Chennai Valasaravakkam. I initially preferred 5233(Rs 6500). But after seeing couple of features like GPS, 3G net, i switched to 5230 just extra Rs.1000. As i'm having wifi on my ipod touch, so i'm not worrying about wifi on this mobile. Suppose if i go for wifi, i have to pay huge amount(5800 xpress music rs 13,500).
- This mobile is more than enough for this best price compare to other mobiles like 5800 Xpress Music, 5233 may be 5235.(Note: i may not know other features in 5800, 5233, 5235)
- youtube video playback is amazing in full screen and also browsing is simple as you having 3.2" screen.
- I was using Nokia 6303 classic model(still i like that model and key navigation). I gave it to my wife. Compare to 6303 i feel 5230 is a bulky device.
- I'm getting leather+platic based bouch to hold this mobile. Plastic material is not too good.But u may find good bouch.
- MP3/music sound quality is not so good compare to 6303. But i'm ok with the sound quality. Not too bad. If u pay more than Rs. 5,000, u can get 5800 express music. Why should u waste your money if u r not fond with music quality?
- low ring tone volum. But u can download louder sound ring tones to avoid this demerit.
- Screen flip is not so good.Little slow navigation sometimes. But ok for this price :-)
I have selected this mobile after such strong investigation comparing with other models, other brands like Samsung Monte, LG, HTC whichever price between Rs.5000 to 12,000. I feel this model is much more better. I suggest this. U can reach me email@example.com if u have any doubt.
trojan, 25 Jun 2010i use Nokia 5230. I didnt understand what you say. Please explaini edited v.20.0.005 firmware to include some modifications like theme effects and faster ui. i also included some apps in the fw like thread sms so it becomes built in with messaging. i disbled camera sounds and change the bootscreens. it installs everything w/o asking for certificates. and i changed the built in themes. screen rotation is faster as well.
Anonymous, 25 Jun 2010how much is dis as of june 2010? and.. is it a lot better than 5233? im planing to buy nokia 5... moreNokia 5230 n 5233 are the same phones. Same operating system (Symbian S60 V5)same features. The only add on advantage of 5230 is that it has 3G in it. The Price Difference is not much so i would recommend 5230 as 3G is being launched in India soon.
i was about to buy nokia 5233 only..but extra features in 5230 include built in 2 Gb memory card and 3G.. price diff is less thn 1000.. so better go
C5 video is only 15fps. Even if it runs on s60v3 it still looks like s40. 5230 is better