SidewindeR, 12 May 2010Hi mate... loved your review. But based on what you stated, I think my 5233 is a bit more sta... moreI have,too,owned a s60v5 phone i.e 5800 but it got stolen in d train..n so now i m on hunt 4 a new phone..i think i would buy a nokia 5233,based on your review...i own an iphone ,too.but it has alot of constrains...just wanted to.does d network based GPS of 5233 works well wid you...have u tried it? N howz d cam quality? N the Quality of Display?..hows d multitasking n d UI transitions? N does this device face sudden slow downs?..Plz rply..tanx
Chandran, 12 May 2010After two months of usage, this is a unbiased user review of Nokia 5230
1. Gr... moreHi mate... loved your review.
But based on what you stated, I think my 5233 is a bit more stable software wise. i am on the latest firmware and I have not experienced any abrupt restarts or switch off's. Yes my phone has restarted at times but that is only because I was pushing it too much to the edge and is truly intentional and not accidental.
Download speeds are very satisfactory. i get almost 80-90% of the EDGE class 32 bandwidth. Which has been quite adequate to stream 128kbps mp3 songs from shoutcast without any annoying skips or interruptions.
And battery seems to be a tad better in 5233. I can push my phone to 3 days of moderate usage. But anything that uses the display too much tends to drain the batter more. the display i believe is the culprit here.
Anyway pretty satisfied with my phone's performance though it lacks 3G and GPS. What it does have, seem to work perfectly in harmony.
Anonymous, 12 May 2010Hey guys i need sum advice and clarifications..i currently own a nokia 5130..thinkin of upgrad... moreif music alone is ur concern go for it, either 5233 or 523o, both are excellent. But battery, i think its due the bigger screens it has. Audio quality is just little better than 5130.
Theres a whole lot of issues with these twin phones 5233/5230. I recommend u gor for E63 for better battery and applications, but sound quality is average or else try E52. Excellent phone. U will never regret.
Im regretting for 5230.
David, 12 May 2010does 5300 has 3g....It doesnt have 3G. its just has Edge/ Gprs. I think it beongs to old class 10 0r 12. u will get download speed it the level of 10kbps to 40 kbps.
Hey guys i need sum advice and clarifications..i currently own a nokia 5130..thinkin of upgradin 2 5233..5130 has got lotta bugs in it..battery issues and stuff..so plz clarify will it be a gud buy 4 me?is d battery better den 5130 wid music and apps runnin..how is overall performance?touch,music,camera?any software problems in 5233?
I bought it for Rs8300/- on march, coimbatore, its available for Rs7500/- now. Try univercell or even nokia show rooms.
The pack has stylus, datacard. Most peolpe are saying its not available, again it may vary from State to state.
After two months of usage, this is a unbiased user review of Nokia 5230
1. Great display
2. One of the best audio quality phones around, beats ipod,im using ipod nano for 3 years. Buy Creative-EP630 or senheisser cx- 300 earphones. Try it. For this alone, u can pay Rs7000/-, it puts SE or even 5800 to shame.
3. Great UI and loads of applications u can download from net.
4. Full Nokia maps free for life time, although u have to pay for voice navigation.
1. 1320mAh Battery-pathetic on 3G/2G networks.Due to this i gave the phone to my wife, who uses phone rarely only and im using her 5300 which's battery is much better.
2. 3G without front cam and without video call using primary camera--no use at all
3. 3G/2G try E71 0r E72, then use 5230 its horrible. Im using 2G(BSNL) in E71, youtube videos never struck once, its seamless, its flawless. Who needs 3G for browsing, try BSNL 2G with E71. U wouldnt believe. Im getting getting download speed in the range of 300kbps where as in 5230 its like 408kbps. Both uses class 32 GPRS/EDGE. In 3G it goes upto 1.5Mbps. try speedtest.net with ur phone as modem.
4. You cant watch youtube in 5230, even though it has Flash lite 3.0 and 5230 has inbuilt youtube client. Nokia says that they cant comment on third party applications.
5. You cant use nokia maps 4.0 in it. It will just hang.Nokia says that they cant comment on third party applications.
6. GPS works poorly at indoor or moving and very slow compared to E71.
7. 5230 often switches off on its own and hangs also.
Most of the features in 5230 has been built to the cost baring the audio chip. This includes GPS unit, No front camera, no video calling, low DL speeds, absence of dual speakers, absence of Memory card, plastic quality. This applies to the new comers like c3, C6 and E6. U can tell ur friends u have all features but u cant use any of those properly or how u want it to be.
Is maps available in nokia 5233 ?does it work ?is nokia 5230 available present in the market ?what's d price of both ?pls help me.
Buddy, 12 May 2010And what is the speed,i mean,is the speed above 20kB/s or 180kbps...by the way,as to what i he... moreYeah 49Rs per month seems like a real good deal.
Here in my home city I get 25-30kBps or 240kbps with Airtel EDGE. I get about half that speed with Aircel.
With that kind of speed, especially during the night hours, I can easily stream live TV with virtually no dropped frames or audio interruptions. And yes it's better speed than the maximum bandwidth of EDGE class 10 or 12. Airtel supports full EDGE Class 32 speeds which can only be tapped by class 32 phones like 5230 and 5233.
The gps signal was a problem, with the nokia maps 3.0 is the problem solved. Verre fast gps signal now. Verry good phone.
Is a-gps work properly in nokia 5233 ?pls tell me it's price in kolkata.bcoz at some tv ads,it have been told that it's present price is 6799rs.pls help me.
SidewindeR, 12 May 2010It's 98 per month via flexi recharge. The access point is mobile office and you get 2GB usage ... moreAnd what is the speed,i mean,is the speed above 20kB/s or 180kbps...by the way,as to what i heard is that loopmobile provides unlimited usage @ rs49/mo.isn't that amazing!!! N thanx 4 d info..
bp, 12 May 2010You can't optically zoom while shooting video or still with both 5230 and 5233. However digita... moreAnd obviously you wont be gettin' Optical Zooming capability in just a budget phone...and what u said was correct dat the image is just cropped..thereby degrading d quality of image...
indieover, 12 May 2010in what store that sell corby that cheap, maybe 5230 is cheap also there, cause in wellcom sto... moreYou can't optically zoom while shooting video or still with both 5230 and 5233. However digital zoom is there,but video & picture taken with digital zoom are inferior in quality.
Buddy, 12 May 2010Hey sidewinder What's the cost of airtel EDGE u usin'plz reply fast...i heard that loopmobile ... moreIt's 98 per month via flexi recharge. The access point is mobile office and you get 2GB usage free. After that 30ps/50kb is charged.
Hey sidewinder What's the cost of airtel EDGE u usin'plz reply fast...i heard that loopmobile provides EDGE at just Rs49/mo...plz reply