hgk, 05 Feb 2010hi SR.i am using GPS for the first time .i downloaded ovi maps from ovi store. i went on the l... moreHere it is, my friend : http://www.nokia.co.in/explore...s/map-loader
the map loader software for your PC.
"Map Loader lets you manage the Ovi Maps application on your mobile via your computer. Download and install Map Loader to your compatible computer to add and update the maps and navigator voices you need".
They are not providing the usb cable.
look is gud.
when u transfer data from bluetooth is stores in the mobile msg memore rather then in the memory card.
u have to again and again transfer it to the memory card.
camera is gud its 2M .
no sound key in the head set.
Is 5230 still available or it has really been replaced by 5233. Hd approached 2 dealers y'day & both hd told me tht 5230 is nt in stock bcz NOKIA has stopped its production. I doubt this as NOKIA is nt famous fr discontinuing its models in just first couple of mnths of their launch. If its still available thn plz lemme knw the place in Delhi & NCR frm where I cn get it. Thnx a lot in advance.
Janani, 05 Feb 2010This is the waste mobile set.Wht so? Reasons plzzzzzzz....
HI, I BOUGHT IT FOR RS.8100 (DELHI PRICE) HERE ARE FEW PROS & CONS OF THE SAME
1. Very good large screen, good for watching movies
2. Sound in headset is very good, loud & clear (used Sony headset).
3. Camera is average, only good for outdoors.
4. GPS speed is good with voice navigation.
5. Very fast processing speed in Galary or navigating files.
6. Kinetic scrolling is awesome.
7. Batter life is good. with average use it goes for 3 days.
1. Very low loudspeaker volume.
2. Touch response is not amongst best. May be nokia will improve with firmware update.
3. Very poor sunlight visibility.
4. late response of Accelorometer sensor.
OVERALL I GIVE 7 OUT TO 10
CONSIDERING THE PRICE RANGE 5230 IS WORTH BUY, MUCH BETTER THAN SAMSUNG STAR & LG COOKIE.
GO AND GET IT, YOU WONT REGRET.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970he bought it from chennai for just Rs 7400 but me bought it for only Rs7200 from Ludhiana city of Punjab state, India. And yes, our phones r Nokia 5233 not Nokia 5230. 5233 is without 3g and gpd but 5230 is with both, it will be expensive than 5233 around Rs 8100.
Anonymous, 04 Feb 2010thanks but they'll charge me for the repair right..what if they say its because my phone got a... moreand yes they might charge u for repairing of hardware but not installing of software.
Anonymous, 04 Feb 2010thanks but they'll charge me for the repair right..what if they say its because my phone got a... moreno, if urs phone is under warranty then u can go to nokia service center and simply ask them to update ur phone software even its same version just tell them ur having problem and they wont charge anything for it bec they will have ur phone warranty information in their records too, online.
SR, 02 Feb 2010You are seriously ill informed. Recently Nokia announced that they are providing free voice g... morehi SR.i am using GPS for the first time .i downloaded ovi maps from ovi store. i went on the link provided by u, first i have to download map loader, sorry but can u tell me where will i get the exact link to download maps of india on that page. i hope u don't get angry. thanks
Can somebody please confirm if we can download the Opera Mini and Nimbuzz software on this Nokia 5230 handset.
Thnx for your assistance in anticipation.
It is just cool & sexy mobile just go for it u will really enjoy... Thumps up for itt
thanks but they'll charge me for the repair right..what if they say its because my phone got a virus by connecting to the computer n its my fault..i dont want to pay anything for this phone now..already had to buy the memory card and usb cable
Anonymous, 04 Feb 2010it has just been 2 weeks since i got the nokia 5230 and i am already facing many problems with... moreur phone software is defective so change ur phone from ur dealer or update from nokia care for free.
Anonymous, 04 Feb 2010it has just been 2 weeks since i got the nokia 5230 and i am already facing many problems with... moreYou just go to service center and they will resolve your s/w issues and please dont be panic, this is not a big deal and can happen to new mobiles too. Take care.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970ONE OF THE "Posting rules" : Read before you post. Search before you post. There is a big chance that your question is already answered
search for "Samsung Star" on the forum search above. Nonetheless, there was a comparison made before that I'm copying here. Read
Comparison between 5230 and Samsung Star
First lets see the positives of Star
- Dimension : looks more pocketable cause its shorter and thinner. Also little less heavier.
- Camera. It has 3.15 MPx camera against 5230's 2 MPx
- Comes with a document viewer. This is insignificant b'cause you can easily get a software for 5230.
Positives of 5230
- Screen is bigger and better. It is 3.2" against Star's 3". Also it is more pixel dense with more resolution than Star's. And not to mention it is 16:9 so full screen viewing is possible without black bars.
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack. Star doesn't has it. Its a major difference b'cause you can buy top of the line headsets (like Seinheisser or Bose etc.) from outside and use it directly.
- Little more internal memory. Its actually insignificant but it still is a difference.
- It has 3G. Star doesn't. Probably it is not that important b'cause 3G is not commonly used in India but atleast it will be ready once 3G race begins (in India).
- Lower resolution camera but better video recording resolution than Star.
- Symbian S60 Thus access to softwares that for me is a downright necessity in any phone. A non smart has to be checked for its features and what it "can do" before buying, but for a smart phone you just look at the hardware and buy it because the softwares can be downloaded easily. And its Symbian.
- It has GPS. So you can trace your journey, find direction. You can actually use your phone as a navigator with the built-in Nokia (Ovi) maps.
- Better battery.
- Another positive is that it support express-on battery covers. Not that important but still a nice additional advantage of owning 5230.
So unless camera is your only priority, go for 5230.
check the specs here : http://www.gsmarena.com/compar...dPhone1=2739