cool breeze , 29 Nov 2010Is it harmful for the ears if i use head phones for more than one hour ?1. Headphones don't harm ears, provided you don't hear at loud volume for too long. Listen at a moderate volume (volume at which you can hear someone calling) and you are safe to hear as long as you want.
2. Yes, you can but this phone has a very low sunlight legibility. This means you can't see thing on the screen under bright sunlight. This is a common issue with LCD screens.
3. Nothing happens if you remove the memory card without using the remove memory card option, provided you don't have any applications running in the background. If you are unsure about this then use the option. Else there is 1 in a million chance that your memory card might be corrupted.
4. No problem. But sometimes the menu might fail to open. It happened to me a couple of times using 'swiss manager pro'. Just restart the phone to solve this issue. Although i recommend you to restart the phone in case you want to terminate all background apps, as its safest.
Nokia 5233, 29 Nov 2010hello all
i want know the more about the videos and movies playback capabilities of nokia 523... moreVideos play perfectly in this device. You just need to convert the videos to mp4 format for optimum playback.
1. Yes, any movies of any size or duration can be played in this device (needs conversion though)
2. Videos never hang or lag. Either the videos won't play or it will play smoothly.
3. Fast forwarding and rewind is very much possible. There is also a jump feature that lets you go to any part of the video just by touching a desired position in the duration bar at bottom. This is what makes touchscreen phone such a pleasure to use.
4. No difference in playback of videos between normal and hacked firmware.
If you need to know what converter and what conversion settings is optimum for this phone, just ask. I will post it then.
Is it harmful for the ears if i use head phones for more than one hour ?
Can i allow sunlight to fall directly on the display of the phone ?
Whats the problem if i removed the memory card without using the 'remove memory card 'option in the file manager ?
Is there any harm to my phone if i select 'terminate all 'option in the 'kill me ' application ?
i want know the more about the videos and movies playback capabilities of nokia 5233 can people share there experiences with regards to video playback
1)is this phones h/w and s/w is good enough to play full length movies
2)are there any issues of lagging or hangigng
3)does this phone support fast forward/rewind of videos
4)differnce in playing videos with default FW and hacked FW
SB/Side/UTK could u share ur experience
Yaar.........Hw can i download the apps which are show in the adds of 5233....i tried using software updater...but it shows the firmware update...help me guyssssss......
REAL JUSTBOUGHT5233, 29 Nov 2010yes mate i am the real JUSTBOUGHT5233. this hooligans have only blessed you in case of name-fa... moreCome back friend, we are waiting. Tell us more about your new headphone mate .
utk, 28 Nov 2010ohh come on man... Don't tell me you are running away like that just because of some hooligans... moreyes mate i am the real JUSTBOUGHT5233. this hooligans have only blessed you in case of name-faking. i aint gone anywhere, i am here to stay. i am proud owner of this phone & i wont leave this heaven of mobile phone related discussions.
btw i have bought ad-53 & now i can surely say that nokia itself has put down this phone's sound by giving wh-102 with it. the bass response & volume level has increased noticeably (very little though).
bye for now...would be back in posting in a few days...but would always be here for reading posts.
Anybody found our ' justbought 'friend these days ?. . . . Any idea ?
[deleted post]dude,dont feel sorry for that post.It was one of the best 'in topic' post ever for symbian lovers.It was a good hit on the pride and prejudice of some people here,no matter whatever they say.No need for a rewrite as it did the job.And you should really thank all those people who worked hard to find out the author and source as a reward for your love.
suresh, 28 Nov 2010i want to buy this phone please keep review of this Read the review of 5230.
rocky, 29 Nov 2010abd if he replies to your post then it would look like mr offtopic has wriitten an offtopic po... more1) Writing programs in C++ isn't difficult. It's one of the easiest.
2) Every single modern operating system out there are written with C/C++ including Android, Windows and all the Linux based OS.
3) Symbian is not behind all OSs, right now it's only behind Android in terms of performance.
4) Symbian lags behind Android because of it's inability to support hardware intensive processes. Android is designed for performance, it supports power architecture and MIPS instruction sets which are required for high performance processors and 3D tasks.
5) Until recently symbian remained a non open source OS, which prevented software makers from developing softwares that can make full use of hardware acceleration. It's the reason why we still don't have a proper 3rd party video player that can play videos smoothly.
6) Latest version of skyfire uses flash player 10, which is not yet available for symbian^1. We may have to wait for the release of Flash lite 4 for symbian^1. Flash lite 4 is very hardware intensive, so we may not get it.
7) Nokia's top end smartphone range would be taken by Maemo/MeeGo, middle by Symbian^3(5 later) and low end by Symbian^1/Symbian.
8) Symbian is here to stay, they may no longer be the top mobile OS but since the hardware requirements for symbian are low they can still dominate the lower end market.
Sbdevilmind, 29 Nov 2010I don't know who you are but my previous posts were written keeping in mind that you are the o... moreabd if he replies to your post then it would look like mr offtopic has wriitten an offtopic post...loll!!!!
anyways i heard that skyfire is not supporting symbian anymore is that true??? why everyone is leaving symbian os.....i don't think so skyfire requires core i7 to run or its just that world is simply against the symbian...IMO symbian is the best os i have ever seen....symbian^3 has also received some negative reviews....looks like 2010 or may be 2011 is the end for symbian platform...and coding in c++ is it so difficult it pros suck these days then....thanx!!!
Mr. offtopic , 29 Nov 2010Actually my question was from pure curiosity and twas not any mock up .After reading that revi... moreI don't know who you are but my previous posts were written keeping in mind that you are the one creating all the previous mock up names and using other's names. Sorry if i am wrong. But what do you expect me to believe if i think that the person i am replying to is already known for asking and writing senseless comments. I even doubt the authenticity of your name. I already know these security stuffs but i don't want to waste my effort in trying to explain a big essay to someone i doubt even exists. Unlike one who pasted an already witten review from another site, i prefer writing things in my own language. I am again sorry if i misjudged you or something but if you really like staying here and asking quality questions then don't use names that itself mocks the person whom you are asking something. Your question wasn't meaningless at all. Actually it was too good a question to be asked by someone who likes making mock ups of others (considering you are that person). So, tell me now that you are a singularity posting by the same name. Then on i promise i won't ignore your posts and answer to them wholeheartedly. Sorry brother, but i don't like hurting others by thwarting anger meant for someone else. I am waiting for your reply.