Nokia 5300 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.2
7.2

Still got this phone until now, in 2014 though I have an android and a nokia windows phone right now, occasionally I still use this phone brings back some good memories in my college life...

• 2014-04-20 08:14
  • t7Ch

> In reply to Kevin @ 2013-11-28 14:28 from t7x3 - click to readI am Suffering to the same case.

• 2014-04-08 18:32
  • PEqf

very good

• 2014-03-09 04:25
  • wr4x

I like this phone very much. Until now I still use my 5300. This is my first sliding nokia phone. It's been 7 years since I bought this but I never changed any of it's parts. Literally even the housing.

• 2013-11-28 14:28
  • t7x3

this mobile is very good then asha 305 i comporsmised this to asha 305

• 2013-11-19 06:56
  • Xuef

i have never seen a phone made with a perfection likemy 5300has hats off to n

• 2013-11-01 14:12
  • Y}K4

> In reply to 510 @ 2013-05-14 15:59 from v0qL - click to readu can get flex cable anywhere at just rs. 150 to 200..so buy it n enjoy with ur first ever phone!!
I'm also using it since last 6 years!!

• 2013-10-16 21:59
  • 7ty}

why doesnt it support whatsapp.

• 2013-10-12 19:16
  • fsWX

I miss this phone..this is my very first phone..a gift when i was already a freshman college at 2007
it last for about 3 years with harsh usage until the flex cable gave up:D then followed by my 5530 which still functional until now
heres my pros and cons..

pros
-clear and moving icons which i think other phones nowadays dont have
-music guy friendly..easy to change stations,music.
-good quality loudspeaker for a small phone
-small..pocketfriendly
-user friendly phone..slide to unlock.lol)
-tons of compatible games..themes and apps..
-though 1.3 is just a front facing camera nowadays.but with a high resolution for a small screen still a good quality camera esp in night mode..(i compared my pics from my front facing cam of my android phone..5300's pic quality owns!)
-good video recording sound and in low light even without flash.
-good battery life..my friend's 5300 last a whole daytime with estimated 2 hour allocated in games and 1 hour music loudspeaker,and 4 hours in headphone(BIG HEADPHONE!..while mine drains fast within 6 hours standy by time..maybe due to usage abuse when its still new..hehe)
-last..but not the least..very durable..threw and drop mine several times..texted while under the rain. even took video and pics! lol..but it still survived!

cons:
-red and white version..(my version)..red rubber part attracts dirt easily.i dont about the blue,,but the black color which came later resolved it.
-no flash in camera.
-cant play mp4..only 3gp vids..cant play movies
-hard to change cover and keypads..
-large usb wire..tiny headphone jack..not universal..
-cant send games via bluetooth and infrared.
-no "file man"..
-cant play vid via music player

its a very good phone..i remember my college life with this phone!now im already a professional.. Im hoping to buy a brand new of this even i have a good new android phone now..thanks nokia! :D

• 2013-05-14 15:59
  • v0qL

7 years old - just got new shell for it at a market stall. Was the last 5300 in Europe, just before Woolworths closed. Bring back the days of uncrippled Star Trek technology..runs compass, biorhythm, blockz, supermario, operamini 4.4 with all the old functions... Lens fell out, but glued back, good photos. Screensaver & wallpaper, swf. Stereo radio with equaliser...

• 2013-05-09 00:48
  • JCe4

Please update the version.. To much hang problem.. I'm fade up of this fone...

• 2013-04-20 18:18
  • 9DHq
  • F
  • Hari Nair 9744411611
  • Rating0

I had bought this phone on 19.08.2007. This is the first 5300 in Trivandrum city with full black colour, as I had purchased the same on the very first day of its launch in the city. The handset has clocked total usage of 1216:34:22 till now.I strongly believe that this is the ever successful sliding phone introduced by Nokia in Indian market. I madly admire this phone and hence, I have no plans for upgrading to an android one. I had replaced the battery once and the cover has also been replaced once. I am planning to use this phone till its last breath. I love my 5300...

• 2013-04-15 12:03
  • PBxK
  • Hari Nair 9744411611
  • Rating0

> In reply to Akio Fujimoto @ 2013-02-23 04:38 from thac - click to readGo to Settings> Tone settings> Select Incoming call alert> Change it into 'Ringing' option (I think your phone is set in 'Ascending' option.

• 2013-04-15 11:52
  • PBxK

I'm still using this phone for last five years as a phone & pc modem. Till now i haven't a single problem on it. Thanks, Team Nokia for such a great invention.

• 2013-03-30 20:28
  • PEqh

its beautiful cell ,,i used it long before..not a single porblem i had

• 2013-03-15 16:09
  • Mf5j

j'ai d ja employe cet phone mais y ont tous un problem d nappe ,l'ecran devien tou blan apre des mw d'utilisat* seulmen.ca t1 pa un an

• 2013-03-14 17:08
  • ft$A

i started using 5300 2013 the phone is very good fast in browsing,quality lcd colour woo nokia to much

• 2013-03-09 21:40
  • fsVb

Go in Settings>Tones>Incominng call alert: Choose Ringing...

Hope this helps... Me too using this phone till date :)

• 2013-02-27 14:03
  • PxkP

i started using this powerful nokia 5300 since 2006, up till now there is no problem
The speaker is clear n loud,screen resolution is not bad, the battery is still in good condition
A big thanks to nokia.i cant stop using this fone
Powerfulllll

• 2013-02-26 23:24
  • N7Ax

I bought this 5300 several months ago. I really like it. But why is the ringtone or the message tone starts ringing in a low volume then it gets loud after 5 seconds of ringing even if i set the volume at max. Is there any fix for this? Or should I modify the firmware?

• 2013-02-23 04:38
  • thac
Total of 3244 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 5300.