Umar, 05 Jul 2008Any long term user of the phone plz help me!!!!!!!!
i have 2 questions
1.that if u put thi... moreI have been using Nokia 5610 since January 2008. Since I bought it, I have sticked a thin plastic protective film on the screen to protect from key/coin scratches etc. I put it in my jeans pocket every day. I have dropped the phone on hard floor about 10 times and on the cement road two times.
This is the condition of my phone now:
- Screen and front camera: the protective film have been scratched a little but the real screen below is still perfect! Also, not even a tiny bit of dust went into the screen as it is perfectly sealed!
- Left select/right select/call/end buttons: also protected by the film so there are scratches on the film but the real surface below is perfect!
- Play/pause (menu) button: there are fine scratches on it caused by my finger pressing it everyday, and there is no film to protect it
- Music slide key: minor scratch but not broken and not cracked at all (yes, this is the one some people complain about)
- Red metal trim at the side: no scratch at all, no peeling off, perfect like new!
- Grey plastic coating on the rest of the phone surface: nearly perfect and scratchless, except two corners (top right and bottom left) where it hit the road when I dropped it, and scratched two fine lines off :(( once the grey coating got scratched off, it is black plastic below so unless you look closely, the scratch is not very obvious from far
- The sliding mechanism: completely perfect (I think I have slide up and slide down over 1000 times since I bought it)
- The keypad: the #2 key is scratched slightly, others are still perfect like new (my mistake, I scratched the #2 key when I open the slide using my thumb pushing the play/pause key! The correct way is to push on the music slide key or the red metal trim to open the slide, so that the #2 key will never be scratched)
- Back cover: it is made of completely scratch-proof material so till today it is perfect like new! No cracks too! The big red "Nokia" logo and the "3.2 megapixel A/F" fine print are also intact as new, color does not fade at all!
- Camera and dual-LED flash: both are well protected by the chrome metal frame, no scratch at all, the camera lens and glass cover are still crystal clear like new!
- All the port/connectors on top: got a little dust but still works perfectly regardless (no loose connectors whatsoever)
- Volume control and camera snap keys: perfect like new
- SIM card/microSD card/battery holder: perfect like new since they are inside
Yes it does hang. I returned it to the shop because of that. They said they're going to replace the software. But I don't think it will make any difference... Nokia still don't know how to fix that bug this phone has. do think twice before you buy this phone, it's not worth your money and nerves.
i am planning to bye nokia 5610 but i heard that the phone hangs and gets restarts
is this true?
please do replay.
Any long term user of the phone plz help me!!!!!!!!
i have 2 questions
1.that if u put this phone in ur pocket and use it very safely is the music slider key still going to break and plz tell me tht is the key durable and wont break in ur pocket.
2.moreover plz can u tell me how much does this phone hang and gets irresponsive and have u guys made any software updates and still the phone hangs
gys plz help me i want to buy the phone but the probs are many...plz reply
MaxG, 03 Jul 2008Yes 6500 slide has carl zeiss lens but many people and even online reviews have pointed out th... morethe camera is 3.15MP but it doesnt seem so,if u compare to N73
it is far better in that u get an auto enhancement of ur fotos which is better then the waY U CLICK.......
I love this phone. The only problem is the headseaat better if u buy a new one!
the actual price of the nokia 5610(original one).. actually costs Rs11800-12200....
convert it into ur currency to get the price!!!
is there a new update for the nokia 5610??? my current one is only 4.81...
Saminathan, 02 Jul 2008How is music effect in 5610 compare than 6233 ? can anyone answer my question6233 is the loudest and the most powerful phone have seen,but is not 3g enable.
the phone is okay, but no wlan thats kind of like "not too good".
I am about to purchase the 5610 cause I've heard good feedback. I've heard it "hangs" sometimes. What does that mean ?
A lot of people who have said their phone hangs seem to come from India or Indonesia, or at least those whose comments I've read. And both countries have prevalent non official retailers. Who knows if you bought a chinaphone clone and the retailer told you it was original?
For people in the Philippines, go to official nokia stores, I mean the store's name is actually nokia, or to memoxpress, the company with the Philippine franchise of Nokia, Motorola and SE (alam ko, gahaman sila). For people in the South, there is a memoxpress at Festival mall 3rd floor, Nokia stores at Glorietta 3 3rd floor, Mall of Asia 2nd floor, and Robinson's Ermita 3rd floor P.Gil Wing.
please anyone answer me is 5610 really good phone for music.im a music lover..please give me suggestion which model is best.im planning to buy this month.
is there an update in the phones firmware??? coz i just check on the website it syays that the latest phone software is 4.81?? i already have that...
sarah malik, 03 Jul 2008hey has anyone updated the software of 5610?? if yes then what are the new feartures in the up... moreI updated my nokia 5610 i think the new version was 6.4 but i can't realise obvous difference
basically...what I would recommend u to do ....is not to purchase this Nokia 5610..!!
It hangs a lot,given that I am not a heavy user and very careful when it comes to expensive handsets like nokia 5610.Moreover,its very fragile when it comes to comparing handsets (especially that rectangular button just underneath the screen ).....
its camera is amazing,yet,again its a very fragile handset... :((((