Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - user opinions and reviews

20944326

7.9
8.0
7.9

Hi, I'd say to anyone wishing to buy this phone not to hesitate any longer. It's a great phone to say the least. One question I'd like to ask any expert on the forum is how to go about setting up my email using Yahoo.

Thanks.

• 2009-03-15 17:36
  • fuL}

whats up guys!is the touchscreen on this phone reliable?will it survive maybe 3 years,im planning to buy a phone and i'll would not like to have a problem with it for 3 years,or any suggestion which other phone to buy,WIFI is a must!thx

• 2009-03-15 17:32
  • kV%u

I bought my Nokia 5800 a month ago and pretty satisfied with this fone. My only confusion is.. it's made with plastic and housing are removable as i watched it over the famous internet site.
Anyway my fone functions so well even though i found the earpiece occasssionally 'buggy'...

• 2009-03-15 16:44
  • TtKm

does Nokia 5800 comes with a free adobe reader? i mean previously it comes with a 15 days trial version. now?

• 2009-03-15 15:56
  • ibqV

HEy
i just tried this mobile phone
its kinda good
expect the fact that the camera isnt that lively [even my N73me was better ] and the fact that the touchscreen is slow , not sensitive and hard to cooperate

• 2009-03-15 15:11
  • fqyt

its a good phone because the price is good for phone like that second because the cam and it is batter than the iphone 3G and half price of it

• 2009-03-15 14:55
  • Sjqr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-15 00:12 from mFe$ - click to readGuys a small question...... Should i buy this phone instead of waiting for the n97 or instead of getting the htc touch pro or the iphone3g...... I am asking this as i have read bout the buggy software of dis phone and am very worried abt buying it...... So any advice is welcome and thanks in advance......

• 2009-03-15 13:18
  • ji{R

> In reply to Chirash @ 2009-03-14 19:38 from 2@ex - click to readupdate to v20.0.012 and your problems are over

• 2009-03-15 12:09
  • vGtL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-14 18:28 from M@T2 - click to readhey just updated mine today to v20.0.012, custom version blue via nokia software updater. i don't know if it's available via OTA(wifi) or for the red version.

the update is tremendous and didn't get the lock code problem. anyways before update, remove all phonelock codes possible also backup and remove memory card.

ps: there's a rumour about v21 coming soon which is suppose to improve cam quality

• 2009-03-15 12:04
  • vGtL

this is a xpressmusic fone., it totally made for audio purposes., so dont expect a high quality camera..,it is standard..,it is a fone if you want i recommend all people who want a high quality camera to buy a digital camera..,LOLZ

• 2009-03-15 12:02
  • v0Xg

> In reply to WT @ 2009-03-15 05:12 from uCnF - click to readNo, document viewer does not come preinstalled with this phone but is free to download direct to the phone. The download link is in the download folder in the phone menu. The only snag is that if you use gprs, download cost will apply by your ISP. Another thing i notice is that while document viewer downloads easily, download failure occurs when downloading the pdf reader in this way.

• 2009-03-15 11:20
  • p$Kx

Super mobile which Nokia have produced but they could have made this a top seller,by putting a better camera on it,i think Nokia only put this type of camera on the 5800 express if it turned out faulty so were worried about its customers paying alot for this mobile an it did not compete with the other touch screen mobiles about,but i think its a brilliant mobile an this will help Nokia release a superb N97 ,an now loads will be wanting the N97 when its released in June/July

• 2009-03-15 11:19
  • 3pH0

Upgrading is impossible in India version 11.0.9 is 25th jan 09 and 20 is 26thjan 09 Nokia is messing up this affair. They have never learned from past but people give them oppertrunity to launch unreliable software. When they themselves go through misery restarts hangs and freezes. Face it Mam.

• 2009-03-15 11:01
  • uWx%

Hi to all

I want to ask someone who have this phone about the battery - I recharge my 5800 every day, or twice a day. I have this phone about 15 days...

• 2009-03-15 10:26
  • 04M9

does any one know what hscsd mean?

• 2009-03-15 09:47
  • fuLH

> In reply to Amlan @ 2009-03-13 19:24 from Pxxd - click to readYes there is update for Nokia 5800 Blue Bangladesh

• 2009-03-15 09:19
  • uNVA

go go go get it man! what a touch screen mobile at this cost!Loads of features available and extra applications and fandu games can be downloaded form net. For example http://s60blog.com/software-for-your-s60.

• 2009-03-15 07:03
  • 2SZ2

> In reply to Puneet @ 2009-03-14 17:12 from vG7q - click to readHow can you do that?

• 2009-03-15 06:17
  • ji{R

Hey guys,

Got some questions bout motion sensor. I've tried to play Global Race (Free racing game comes with the handset) by using motion sensor. Firstly I was holding the phone like how people playing PSP, and that was horizontaly straight, but the car in the game was going left instead of just straight, so I thought it was my problem on holding the phone, then I placed my phone on the table (I'm pretty sure my table top and the back of my phone was flat and even) but same problem occured. Are there any ways for me to test the sensor accuratly or any software can let us to adjust and balancing the sensor? Anyone encounter the same problem as I have? Do I have to bring my phone to Nokia Care (Which I hate this hassel)? Thanks!

• 2009-03-15 05:17
  • iwj7

yes,we need the update for 5800 in the Philippines

• 2009-03-15 05:16
  • vx3e
Total of 30176 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.