I think that the phone is not very bad. But is the buggest touch screen phone ever ;)
Xuchy, 26 Feb 2009The serie 60 v3 apps dont need any form of reprogramming to work on the 5800xm.though not all ... moreCool thanks man. I'm expecting to get this phone by next week. Which S60 V3 apps do work for this phone? And where can i get them from? Any GPS apps compatible with it at the moment?
i have this phone and only gripe is the camera isnt as good at night as my 'old' n73.
it doesnt come with doc viewer but you can get it from symbian website easily enough (you download it to the nokia suite on your pc or download it from option on the phone itself)
best phone ive had, shame the n97 not out yet as wouldve had that ha!
angus, 25 Feb 2009will MXIT work??
mxit is a messaging system used lots here in south africa. its java i think.... moreHi
I've ordered this phone through mtn. expecting to get it by next week. I've emailed the guys at MXIT regarding its compatibility. They said that i should try downloading the version made for the N95 and if i have any problems with it i should let them know and they'll try to sort it out...
Anonymous, 25 Feb 2009Do apps such as mig33 work on this phone? and with regard to the s60 v3 apps...Don't they need... moreThe serie 60 v3 apps dont need any form of reprogramming to work on the 5800xm.though not all of the v3 are compatible wit the 5800xm.but any compatible one would work perfectly..mig33 is a java app so it should do just fine..hola if u need me..-sent from my nokia 5800xm
Thomas, 26 Feb 2009I just got the 5800xm.. Can U send me the link whr I can download applications, like Google ma... moreHi Thomas.go to www.ipmart-forum.com.there are lots of serie 60 v5 apps.you can try the v3 apps too.though some of them are unsigned so u might need to sign them before use.other sites are www.dotsis.com,www.dreamstrikes.com..have fun..hola if u need me.
eric, 26 Feb 2009how is the camera quality??The camera?? Way down terrible...
sebastian, 26 Feb 2009how do you know the camera is crap?do you even have the phone? i myself have this phone for ab... morei totally agree with you sebastian...had this phone for two months and a half and i haven't experienced those problems being mentioned here...i love this phone and i don't regret buying it...my first touch screen phone and i couldn't settle for any other phone models...this is the greatest!
nicolas, 25 Feb 2009what are the advantages and disadvantages of the phone?Please reply truly,...My roomate has iPhone, I had HTC Diamond, and I recently bought 5800. My conclusion is that it's definitely a smart-phone worth buying. Here's why...
1. Honestly, all the camera included in smart phones are bad. Yet, it does the job alright. If you are looking for professional quality, get a DSLR please. If you want to point and shoot and save a scene, it does the job fine. Sometimes at low light condition the screen gets fussy. Same problem with HTC & iPhone
2. Touch-screen is sensitive but not ultra-sensitive (like HTC), which may cause flickering. Most function is done by 2-tap so it reduces the chance of accident selection (which happens a lot in HTC). Haven't used iPhone for long, can't say for sure.
3. Phone/Contact list is easy to use. Phone is one-touch by screen or one-touch by the Green/Red button. Contact finding/scrolling better than HTC & iPhone (5800 = scroll bar vs. HTC/iPhone = flip "screen")
4. Battery life is about 20% longer than iPhone, and the phone does not get so hot (problem for iPhone and HTC).
5. Plug & Play - This I consider the most valuable function. I can browse NOKIA 5800 as a disk drive on my computer, where as HTC and iPhone would require special software to do the file transfer. I can transfer a youtube flash video or mp3/wma to a folder and I can find it easily.
6. GPS function - good reception even in door (near window), doesn't require subscription, only 1 time software installation.
Disadvantage... so far...
- File transfer is interrupted when a call comes in, so it would be a good idea to turn the phone to disconnect, so file transfer would keep on going. However, in HTC, both can happen simutaneously.
- Installing software is a pain, unless it's done by downloading software directly using the phone from internet.
Xuchy, 25 Feb 2009Hi everyone,.got alot of goodnews for all 5800xm users..almost all serie 60 v3 applications wo... moreI just got the 5800xm.. Can U send me the link whr I can download applications, like Google maps, Anti Virus, etc..
help.. is there any good video converter to transfer video to the nokia 5800? where can i download it? full version please. thanks.
how do you know the camera is crap?do you even have the phone? i myself have this phone for about 1 week now and i have no earpiece problem,no touch problem,no soft problem(i have the v 10.),i have no camera problem(the photos are great)...i really don't understand what your issues are? i thing a lot of you even don't own this phone,just seen it in stores or on the net and you come here and say your opinion...the bottom line is...everyone buys whatever phone they like...if you dont like it..feel free and buy something else...i simply loved this phone from the moment i seen it last year and i said i want this phone...and know i have it and i love it even more...
rich, 26 Feb 2009just bought this phone and loving it just got one problem can anyone help?
i was trying to ... moreCheck that your messages folder isn't full of files you've bluetoothed to the 5800.
If it is copy them to the memory card.
I don't know why Nokia uses this stupid method, you should just be able to transfer bluetoothed files to wherever you want.
just bought this phone and loving it just got one problem can anyone help?
i was trying to bluetooth some stuff off my old phone but the 5800 is saying i need to delete data from C how do i do this ? the memory card has over a gig leftover and the phones memory still has some left.
also i dont know if this is connected but when trying to select a song as a ring tone it says not enough memory to perform operation delete data first when there is plenty of memory
any help would be great
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970everything everything engine has its fault nothing is pafect but some are bette my dear. apple phone is like fashion that coes and go but nokia is an old thing that keep renwing into pafection. i had htc before 5800, i love it, you too can have fun with it.