Hi every one,
Below is my personal review of the Nokia 5800 Express Music - This is an honest fair and balanced review on the phone. Every thing i have written is based on fact and honesty.
First of all every one needs to STOP COMPARING THE 5800 TO THE iPHONE - its half the price and half as refined! - There i said it! So if you think your getting an iPhone for half the price you are wrong!
1. Big, bright screen and awesome power saving clicker on the side!
2. Awesome home screen shortcuts for clock, profile, connections, and media menu!
3. Loud speakers and great media player that plays mp3's, flash and videos.
4. Web browsing is awesome and supports flash!!
5. Awesome sensor settings for snooze and silent mode
1. Screen rotation is too sensitive - personally i turned it off due to ultra sensitivity. There sould be a manual rotation option in menu screen. (WTF NOKIA!)
2. There is a lag in text input when typing messages and emails that gets annoying and another thing is that you cannot start new sentence in text input field when web browsing (WTF NOKIA!)
3. Phone crashes a lot, especially when doing heavy web browsing, usiing multiple applications at same time, and sometimes it crashes for no reason! There should have been more RAM (WTF NOKIA!)
4. Touch screen takes a little time to get used to but once you have used to as there is a major lag - using nails is only sure shot way to use phone.
5. Scrolling sucks - especially when looking for a contact without typing in their name. Scroll bat also sucks when scrolling to find a songs or an artists. There is no song search!! (WTF Nokia!)
1. The ear piece on my 5800 was also defective and had to take it to the Nokia store to have it fixed.
2. Another this is that the backup and restore feature built into the phone doesnt work due to lack of RAM! - so get ready to loose all your data!
3. Nokia music store software is rubbish and crashes often when downloading multiple songs at the same time - It also takes all your music rights away from you when it feels like and you have to re-sync it to your computer to get it back
Over all the phone feels like its on a continues lag and is glitchy due to lack of allocated RAM.
The Pros and Cons kind of balance out and you are left with a phone that is exactly half the price of the iPhone and half as good!
My personal Rating 5/10 - on good days 6/10
to all 5800 users,to download games go to http://dedomil.net/index1.wml and click on N series than games
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009what is the number to write to know my mobile is what version plzzzzzzzzzz reply *#0000#
to the egyption man, go to Al-Seraag mall #2 in Nasr City floor #2 and aske about Mr. Saameh who can help you to update your version to 11. ,it works perfect with my phone ( cost 40 LE.) good luck_ana masry_ i am from Egypt too
Very good phone apart from the camera...everything works great and have fell in love with this mpbile...
Hi everyone one im thinking of getting this phone but have a few queiries:
- Does it crash a lot?
- is the touch screen reactivity fast?
- is there a lock to stop the touch screen?
what is the number to write
to know my mobile is what version plzzzzzzzzzz reply
i have had the 5800 since yesterday morning.
it turns off all the time, the camera is rubbish, and the touchscreen is unresponsive and when it does respond it doesnt do what i wanted it too!!!
MOE, 31 Jan 2009Well i was so happy when i first got this phone 3 weeks ago ,i saw it was unbeatable (Feature... moreHi MOE
I think you have to format your phone by pressing *#7370# to restore factory settings,l then add these songs again and update your music library from your music player...gues that'l do.
Mike, 01 Feb 2009Hi! My 5800 crashes all the time (I mean power off) . The battery doesn't move in it's place ... moreJust go onto the Nokia Website an you will see the Repair Section an put in your Fault an Nokia will ask you for your Post Code an then they will tell you were there nearest Nokia repair Shop is nearest to you,an you take your phone to the Shop an they will Repair it for Nothing as your mobile as a 18 month warranty with Nokia ,hope this helps you out
cool99_aj, 31 Jan 2009i have 5800xm phone it gr8.i just wanna ask that the wifi in it is ip based or infra raid base... moreHi coolAJ',about your wifi connection issues,when u get to a hotspot,open your phone browser or type in a web address.your browser then ask you to select an access point or search for wlan. ..select search for wlan..when the available hotspots are displayed,choose the one you have access to an your asked for your WEP Key,dats when you fill in your ip key or password and your wifi connection is on..hope dis solved your problem?
Mike, 01 Feb 2009Hi! My 5800 crashes all the time (I mean power off) . The battery doesn't move in it's place ... moreHi MIke.before you go into firmware updates,did u buy from an authorized dealer?if yes then your one year warranty is still intact..go back to the shop and ask for repairs or replacement.if no then try a firmware updated using the nokia software update from the installation cd'.
was planning to buy this and G900. tested out both phones. the response of the touchscreen in the 5800 is way better than the g900 but the big differencee is in the camera, the 5800 sux big time. way worst than the 2MP. 5800 camera is very blurry same as the video. Music is same quality as the g900. The only problem with this is when the touchscreen function will be non responsive due to software problem, you do not have a backup keypad. Im using the g900 now and so far it has delivered.
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009copy of apple i phoneWot is copy of iphone in this nokia 5800, can you tell us, because we don't see anything at all copy, but if there is talk about copy, than aple have copy ideas from other manufactures...!
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2008which phone is better nokia 5800 or LG cookieMy Firend has the LG Cookie and after all the reviews I have looked at the nokia 5800 i would go for the LG Cookie. Thats whats Im beging my mum for if she doesnt get me it I will screem