Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.9
8.1
8.0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-04 12:32 from M@T2 - click to readWell there are situations when I need to send a picture to several people in different locations. With email I can do that, so why would I bother with BT or MMS when I already have email.

I'm sorry but your primitive region not having internet is none of my concern. And if you are in that primitive region, I don't think that even this Nokia phone would be good for you =) Phones like the iphone and other multi-media phones are not for primitive regions my friend. It's for the modern society. And you cannot call a society modern if they do not have internet =)

Oh please, I had the N95 before and my other friend as well, and both of us still use our digital cameras. Can't risk it, especially if you intend to post those pics on My Space or Friendster. But hey, suit yourself w/ your camera phone =)

• 2008-10-05 01:22
  • 4TLs

Honestly, the iPhone is a joke compared to this phone.

As are all of Apple's products comnpared to other companies.

And what it most annoying is the fact that everything begins with the letter "i".

Seriously, Apple is the worst company ever.
Everything about Apple is wierd.

If I'm going to be getting a phone and spending a lot of money, I don't want a phone that has a symbol of a bitten piece of fruit on it...

• 2008-10-05 01:21
  • 4f%x

i think that nokia 5800 is great pnone ....the display is not very good but is ok......many aplications and is a symbian and will not be very expensive.....is gest the start waith for nokia n 98.....you will see soon

• 2008-10-05 01:21
  • mFC8

Why are people comparing this phone to the iPhone? The Nokia 5800 is a lot better.

It has everything that the iPhone has.

It has several advantages as well:
1. 3.15MP camera w/ flash autofocus and VGA 30fps video
2. higher resolution screen
3. stereo speakers
4. better OS (in my opinion)
5. better build-quality

The initial impressions of some websites may not be completely true, considering that the Nokia 5800 they saw was only a prototype!

• 2008-10-05 01:17
  • 4f%x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-04 12:08 from M@T2 - click to readI know that this phone supports email. All phones w/ internet capabilities do. The more reason why email would be more practical than BT or MMS. But the argument is on giving more importance to MMS and BT over email just so Nokia fans can put down the iphone even though you guys know for a fact that BT file transfer and MMS are mostly used for kids' stuff. If you were to choose between wifi and BT functionality, which one would you honestly choose?

Now, it is nice that the 5800 has those features as well for more options, but it does not make the iphone a poor phone just because it didn't include those features.

On sharing files. I'm sorry but what if your friend who wants that file is 10,000 miles away from you? Can you still BT that file? W/ email you can send a file whether they're right next to you or in a different country. Now which is better?

For updates, I had the N95 before my iphone, and I don't recall ever getting any email or something from Nokia on maintaining my phone's performance. You're pretty much left on your own. With my iphone, I got an email when an update was available, and I also get a notice in itunes. You don't get that kind of service from any phonemaker.

• 2008-10-05 01:13
  • 4TLs

hi i wanna ask if we can put screen protectors over its touchscreen?

• 2008-10-05 01:12
  • wYGH

it's a very good phone! I think if it is released...it may overtake iPhone coz it has better features and it is a better alternative.

• 2008-10-05 01:04
  • vx63

my next phone

• 2008-10-05 00:41
  • jSdt

Why not at least a 5 megapixel camera?????

can't for the life of me understand that. It looks a good machine but could have been just a little better.

looking forward to it's release anyway

• 2008-10-04 23:56
  • n19p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-04 20:51 from MWWp - click to readi agree with you. Windows mobile and Xperia x1 rule

• 2008-10-04 23:40
  • mD6k
  • Sunny HTC DIAMOND OW
  • Rating0

is this phone better... just tell me about three qualities no other please..
1) better interface than htc diamond?
2) better speed than htc diamond?
3) i knw its symbian but does it has windows mobile n can accept .cab files like if i download divx,etc softwares in it n play such videos or not?

**ne1's answer would b appriciated enjhoy**

• 2008-10-04 23:22
  • vGeP

> In reply to Karim @ 2008-10-04 23:02 from MUbH - click to read369 is very fast for symbian handsets. It isnt too small.

• 2008-10-04 23:04
  • p$Kx

Small CPU 369 Mhz?!!

• 2008-10-04 23:02
  • MUbH

hey guys wats up? i got this new mobile it is realy good. i miss mine because mine feel down the toilet when i done a number 2 if you no what i mean.make sure yours doesnt

bye love you guys

i hoped you enjoyed my view

• 2008-10-04 23:01
  • nyFy

Very nice specs for the price 390USD, but the new OS looks very ugly, come on Nokia you can do better, even the new Android OS looks better...

• 2008-10-04 22:54
  • 4Bbn

One kiddy phone, if I were to listen to music if would use the thing called iPod and I leave my phone alone to make/receive important calls and text messages. I may want to buy it for my kids so they can listen to music while learning how to use a cell phone without having to expect or make important calls. Indeed a good phone for 6th graders...

• 2008-10-04 22:22
  • uEya

my next phone

• 2008-10-04 22:14
  • PqNi

Great phone! at last nokia does some touchs it the market
i think 450 us dollars is very nice to buy this phone, but if it was a 5 mp camera phone, it will become the best in the market.

• 2008-10-04 21:01
  • 0vSb

> In reply to robbo95 @ 2008-10-03 13:06 from S35r - click to readyou'r right, Symbian OSucks.

• 2008-10-04 20:51
  • MWWp

Our society wants you to buy always more things because they are "new". Do you believe the void in your soul will be filled by this gadget ? Think, my friend...

• 2008-10-04 20:28
  • pyMH
Total of 30243 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.