Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - user opinions and reviews

7.9

the volume of this phone is same as n82 and 958gb

• 2008-10-05 07:29
  • UqbH

wow, this phone is really the hype as of the moment. look at the hits of this phone, 146,000 something in just 2 days, and the opinion ballooned to 23 pages.

90% of the people who saw this phone love it and want to buy it. amazing! congrats nokia, living up on top.

• 2008-10-05 07:13
  • PT}E

Excellent phone. I m buying it whenever it's available.

• 2008-10-05 07:04
  • PId}

Ladies n Gentlemen the ans is simple Nokia isnt coping the iphone its giving the iphone a run for its money (n the iphone is abt to lose) the spec sheet confirms tht Nokia is better, and samsung??!! pixon may have 8 megapixels but so wat no-one really cares not even the least bit (so if u do i guess ur a nobody...)

• 2008-10-05 06:27
  • kiP%

please... let us all be civilized here.

dont compare 5800 with iPhone. they are different ok. if you dont like the Tube then go away. comment on the specs but please refrain from comparing to iPhone.

buy it if you want it. if not, go get another phone. geez, no wonder we end up bombing each other. even on a phone we argue to death. geez

• 2008-10-05 06:06
  • v0XH

nokia 5000 is best suited for this phone specification..

• 2008-10-05 05:56
  • vj1U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-05 02:30 from 4TLs - click to readCEOs here still uses blackberry as it is more reliable. the problem with iPhone is it does not want to cooperate with non-Apple apps! they all want us to buy things from iTunes. it cant even edit a simple word document. yeah it can view, but i still need to buy an apps. to view it. iPhone has a world of its own.

we appreciate Apple's innovativeness in giving us the iPhone 1st gen and iPod Touch. I will defend until my last breathe the beauty of iPod Touch when a colleague said his psp can do what my iPod can do.. but, the iPhone, is soooo overrated. people buy it as it makes you appear cool, not knowing they wasted their precious money on something that they cannot fully utilise. its just my humble opinion and this is based on experience.

• 2008-10-05 05:55
  • v0XH

> In reply to kitch @ 2008-10-03 13:14 from PESd - click to readThis is gonna be my next phone for sure without ever dreaming for it !

I just love the cool design of this phone.
Lets hope this phone beats N91 sound quality.
Currently using Nokia 5700 XpressMusic and have been waiting for its successor for 1 year already .
Nokia really knows that top niche model covers a small percentage of users while most users demand for mid-end phones like this one .
It was a smart move. Thank you Nokia.

Even though Nokia entered late into the touchscreen market, at least it releases quality phones unlike other manufacturers.

• 2008-10-05 05:53
  • TIE7

if the sides of this phone would be like
nokia 5300 i think it will luk nice..

• 2008-10-05 05:51
  • vj1U

> In reply to Noel @ 2008-10-05 03:55 from ibqJ - click to readi totally agree with you..

i also have the iPod Touch. what i cant fathom is why iPhone's price is 2x that of an iPod Touch? and for what? an sms that cant even forward a msg, below par camera, tied to iTunes forever. buggy firmware (trust me i was hit by the notorious 2.0.2 firmware.. had to restore and lose all my files.. argh).

iPhone is a lovely thing, but it is weak. it want to change people's idea of mobility without realizing that not every country is USA.

Steve Jobs think he is a god.

• 2008-10-05 05:47
  • v0XH

luks like an iPhone..but,it luks veri uhggglyy (the curves, the edges..what the..ohh my) anyways it's just a copied one.. and the interface..not so nice..if they'd only make an eyecandy interface..
it would be nicer.. again, the HARDWARE DESIGN and the INTERFACE!!!

• 2008-10-05 05:44
  • vj1U

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readid like to see you enjoy the 8mp pic on your phone's screen. i heard it does not justify the display of an 8mp shot. and also, if you happen to have a pic taken from an 8mp cam,please post it and i'll post a 7.2mp picture taken from a real camera.

my point is.. it is not about megapixels baby. unless you want to print a lifesize pic of yourself. it is the quality of the picture. they can place 12mp in those phones but it will not be same as a 12mp digital camera or dslr.

i am still loving this phone as it gave us bits and pieces of things we want to have in a phone. and for chrissake, this is a music phone not a camera phone. get it

• 2008-10-05 05:40
  • v0XH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-05 01:13 from 4TLs - click to readi understand from your response that we are from different countries. we cannot maximise emailing as it is a limitation of our lowly service providers. we are charged per byte or per minute in using the internet. we mainly use mobile phones for taking pics and sending sms. mms isnt a big deal either here. what i meant with exchanging files is sending pics or music to someone like your officemate. we are a third world country, pretty much not wired up. so with limitation, Nokia phones are still the best sellers here. plus with the hefty price of iPhone (which functions we cannot maximise and with iTunes not available here), it simply wouldnt click here.

you see, different people have different tastes. i respect your love of iPhone, but i don't share your enthusiasm as we cannot enjoy things you enjoy with your service provider.

• 2008-10-05 05:35
  • v0XH

seeing the specification: large 16m 3.2 in screen, power speakers,3.2 cam,30 fm video and touch screen all from nokia is the the phone we want. NOKIA seem to have the uncanny ability to deliver top customer demanding product. i m just waiting.
and abt negative opinion- u just cannot get 100 pc ideal product in anything be it mobile or television or car.5800 seem to be the perfect mobile for youth and nokia fans.

• 2008-10-05 05:23
  • 2SW6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-04 23:40 from mD6k - click to readHow wind0ws m0bile, x1 rule? Are they c0ntroling your lives?

• 2008-10-05 05:06
  • p$Kx

Yeah the iphone started the hype. Yeah and??? Thats all steve jobs did. Started a big fat touchscreen hype. Now everyone wants touchscreen. But what keep us from buying that dumb iphone was the lack of features & performance. Nokia copied the razr v3's design & made the n76 now they copied the iphones design with the 5800. Nokia is just making up for the other companies mistakes to make a better device so the customers can enjoy! Its the way it is and the way it will always be. So get over it people.

• 2008-10-05 05:03
  • M@T2

this phone is cool

• 2008-10-05 04:38
  • jrY$

> In reply to fethi @ 2008-10-05 02:01 from fuRm - click to readGood Luck Samsung Fanboy, nobody cares about your devices. This phone is estimated to sell 10million units worldwide according to market experts as the mass market shows eagerness to own onec",

• 2008-10-05 04:17
  • PT}E

It seems like nokia 5800 is kinda slow in terms of the transition between 1 action to another. Same problem happens to all other touch screen device currently. I would want to get this phone but it seems rather slow.

Is Nokia going to release a firmware to fix this problem?

I do agree iPhone is much faster and smoother, also they have great design but the thing is iPhone is restricted to a lot of stuff and I don't find any flexibility in it sometimes. Kinda irritating.

• 2008-10-05 04:13
  • Ui$d

Listen, iPhone is lame! Only good thing is touch screen. Tha'ts the only revolutionary technology, everything else was in use a long time now.
Now, I have an Ipod touch and the screen is great, but for a hopless camera, I'm not going to pay an extra 300$.
Now facing the facts the screen of the nokia 5800 is smaller and has a better resolution and more colours. And for BT and e-mail etc.. nokia just put more variety so everybody can apreciate its work.
I'm not a nokia fan, on the contrary I like samsung and LG. But with this phone Nokia made a very good step. Defenetly my next phone.
The iphone is all hype: except the screen wath else is revoultionary. Iphone fans if u can't answer this question just leave this forum.

• 2008-10-05 03:55
  • ibqJ
Total of 30268 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.