Kaikaus, Bangladesh, 05 Oct 2008Yet another music express! Its an awful offer from Nokia. This edition dose not last long. I h... morewe will buy this phone weither you like it or not, were human beings who love technology, music and evolution.
Anonymous, 03 Oct 2008I am glad I did not get the N96.I`ve got to go for this Machine! thats wat i call it. wahoo. when is it gonin to be released??? October i hear, i`m waiting pls
Kaikaus, Bangladesh, 05 Oct 2008Yet another music express! Its an awful offer from Nokia. This edition dose not last long. I h... moreit is not all a bout the music express? almost all phones have the music and can play music and video . its nokia symbain with touch screen and thats enough for me and for all the nokia uosers .
Yet another music express! Its an awful offer from Nokia. This edition dose not last long. I have bitter experinece with 5310 & 5610. both the sets fall almost same time. Display Gone, Camera weakend, Horrible!!!
I dont know wheather 5800 can sustain. Please do not waste your money buying this stupid music express.
great phone, all time companion. 'a must have' for all. thanks to nokia
robbo95, 03 Oct 2008Nice phone, but people get real, symbian is crap on Nokia phone, slow and buggy, however the p... moreMaybe you have bad experience with Nokia phone, but that doesn't mean its all bad, i have used Nokia phone since 2002 (Nokia 6600, N70, N73, N95, N82, etc...) you name it. It worked perfectly well for me.
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic will go on sale by the end of 2008 only in the following markets :
- Hong Kong
- The UAE
Other markets (UK, North America, China, etc) that aren't included in the above list only be getting the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in 2009 at the same time.
According to industry analysts, Nokia plans to sell about 10 million touchscreen handsets in 2009. But, I think is that this number won't be reached with the 5800 XpressMusic only.
I've been looks for a nice, reasonably priced mid-range phone to replace my aging SE W810i for awhile now. And, I think I just found it! :)
Here's a nice full review of it, in case anyone's interested:
awsome review of the set
This is Nokia's answer to the iPhone....I had alook at the phone on the Nokia site and I should say that I am impressed with this phone a lot... I change mobiles almost every month and currently using Nokia N95.... Nokia's S60 platform is the coolest which gives the user the most comprehensive experience... The 5800 is one of the best phoen to have come out till date and has tons of features.... I wish it will be available soon in Australia...
awesome specifications for a phone that looks good and costs even better.. i hope it costs not more than rs.18000(300 euros approx) in india, after taxes and subsidies i.e..
was thinking about getting n82 but will get this one for sure.
its alot much more better than iphone.. but at 1st glance, i thought it was an iphone though.. ahaha..
mineral , 05 Oct 2008http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEG9CcMs74&feature=related
this video is using a prototype, what can you expect with such device type. buggy! 5800 will be as fast as N82's UI having the same processor. Fast and sharp!
i love this phone! 3 units considered sold for my family!
NOKIA PLEASE do keep price reasonable otherwise the interest will fade. AT ARD indian RS18000 or below i m first to buy.waiting for launch best time just before diwali the biggest festival of india.
this phone is far better than the iphone. compare here. http://www.gsmarena.com/compar...dphone1=2537 iphone is an us thing, but the us is not the world and do not represent the world. you can see the pics here http://www.mobile-review.com/r...800-en.shtml
Seems to be a phone which will be good provided it does not fail like Nokia 6708(Symbian UIQ) which failed miserably. The pros of this phone seems to be :
1) Basically same symbian UI - Will help existing symbian user handle the phone easily.
2) Big screen - Good for browsing, ebook reading and general telephony.
3) Touch screeen with vibra feedback - This is the most vital thing. If its user friendly, then phoen is going to succeed.
4) Powerful battery - Adequate juice for power users for 1.5 to 2 days.
5) Other misc things - Music and wide screen video playback, TV quality video recording, auto focus camera, WIFI, GPS support, 3.5 AV/TV out, Accelerometer, proximity switch, java support, FM radio 16gb support (may support 32 gb also) and all others
6) Preliminary review says it has backward compatibility with selected applications of 9.0+ version OS.
7) Very reasonably priced.
8) Very loud with stereo speakers. In fact loud enough to be heard in a busy room (as per mobile-review).
9) Good flaunting value.
The cons are:
1) NO USB charging
2) No upgradation in music player interface
3) No OGG format support
4) Resistive type touchscreen (soft screen) against hard (capacitative type) screen of iphone
5) No multi touch - I myself is quite not sure what it is actually, anyway this is not there.
6) Camera could have been better - but 3.2 will not be that bad I think.
7) I am not sure how will it be but I dont think earphones will be of very high sonic quality.
Lastly, considering the price the phone appears excellent and seems worth using.
Variety is the spice of life! It is great that Nokia are giving people more choice by introducing touch. Interesting that this phone (bar the 3MP cam) is as equipped as any N series.
Nevertheless the dominant question will be what does it feel like to touch the screen? Most agree that the touch experience on the I- phone is second to none. The capacitative screen is responsive. The 5800 has a resistive screen. One has to do more than just touch; more pressure on the screen has to be applied to elicit a response. If too much pressure is needed, this phone will dive. I am hoping that Nokia have made all necessary adjustments because believe me, I am tempted to touch!!