I can't create a new profile after I restore the original settings of my phone need help
Prashi, 11 Dec 2009I bought 5800 in October 2009. Initially I was using N73 ME. But gradually I was bored with th... moreprashi..that was a very good review, a hands on user experience infact..please checkout the specs of nokia 6720 classic and give me a suggestion...I am really confused..I want to buy a smartphone in the range of Rs.15000 which is stable and gives less headache...lot more doubts infact..hope to get your reply soon...
ziyaad_mauritius, 11 Dec 2009can anyone tell me if the fone is good ... plz... i gonna buy this fone next week ..plz hows ... moreit incredible sound and camera is very good in daylight. you can use secondary camera to take photos or videos.
can anyone tell me if the fone is good ... plz... i gonna buy this fone next week ..plz
hows the sound and the camera.. ??
can the secondary camera be used???
I bought 5800 in October 2009. Initially I was using N73 ME. But gradually I was bored with the interface of N73, the irritating Pop port and wanted a touchscreen phone from my favorite Nokia and finally I decided to buy Nokia 5800 Xpress Music. It costed me around 13000 here in Bangalore at Univercell. I did not get any stand, extra stylus, TV Out cable, plectrum, leather cover in the box. Here is my opinion about this phone after using it nearly two months.
1) This phone is very sensitive. Use it carefully especially when loading with untrusted software. Whenever the phone says "application is not compatible with phone" during installation, just stop it. Never install them, Though the application may work fine, later you will end up with memory corruption some day.
2) Dont play too much with this phone while loading themes. It will wipe off your memory
card and dont be surprised if your phone starts hanging and restarting often. Install only those themes which is compatible with the phone. I did the same mistake twice and the phone started behaving strangely with the power button not working. You will have to remove the battery to switch on the phone again. I removed around 10 times the battery during my first week with the phone and I felt very bad about this phone. Later I realized its due to untrusted and non compatible themes and softwares. Now the phone rocks like anything. I love it.
3) Initially I was feeling difficult to type on the touchscreen keys. Now I love to use
them and whenever I get a non touch screen phone, I tend to touch the screen and wonder why its not working. Such is the change. simply superb.
4) Use Total Video converter to convert your videos (AVI, MPG) into MP4 and load it into
your phone. They simply rock. The videos look like HD and crisp and its a treat to watch them. Use your phone maximum in this way rather than installing some themes which will corrupt your phone. 100 out of 100 for watching videos on this phone. Love it.
5) Like my earlier N73, I just copied music files into the phone and tried to refresh the music player. But alas, the phone just hangs and does not detect any files, though they are visible in file manager. This was a big headache for me during the initial days and I felt very bad about Nokia by naming such a phone as Xpressmusic where the music player itself is not working. Later I realized that music needs to be transferred through Nokia Music or Windows Media Player. Once I knew this, now my phone rocks like anything in music department. All my albums ,playlists are neatly organized and superb audio experience, best till date in any mobile phone I can say. Use your own headphones rather than the one provided in the box. You will wonder looking at the results. FM Radio is also superb. I think there need to be visualizations in the music player, since I had this on N73 ME.
6) TV Out works just perfectly. I bought a TV out cable of N95 and its just worked
perfectly. Watching photos and videos on TV is really a pleasure. Good job Nokia..
7) Internet browsing is good if not the best. I dont browse too much but casual googling and some mail checking has worked fine. Browser is OK. Playing Youtube videos is fine. Sadly Opera mini is not working for me. It just says cannot connect to the server. I have checked all the settings and access point and all are fine, I dont know the reason. Opera mini used to work perfectly with my N73 ME. This is a bit let down.
8) GPS is not too good. It takes lot of time to get the satellite lock even while outdoors and indoors nothing works. Google Maps works fine. I would recommend to use it.
9) 3.2 Megapixel Camera - I was very happy initially when I saw this on the package box. But the camera was just average during my initial days and not as good as my N73 ME. But however, just play with the settings and make sure you have lots and lots of light around you and on the object. Then the quality of the photos matches nearly to the N73 photos. I have discovered this recently and surprisingly, the quality of photos are getting better day by day. I dont know how. But if you have huge amounts of light surrounding you, photos from this phone will be a treat to watch. Same can be said for video recording also.
10) S60 V5 interface is good and very easy for me to use, since I love this OS. I dont need any Kinetic scrolling. Iam happy with the present type of scrolling using bars. All others calender, clock, contacts, log etc are good.
11) Believe me, the phone looks sexy with its size, shape and screen size. Though you need to often clean the screen for the fingerprints, the phone looks gorgeous for me. Happy with its design.
12) I am still getting V 30.0.011 as the latest update available for my phone through Nokia Software Update. Anyhow, my phone initially came with the same software version installed. I reinstalled the same firmware again hoping that the phone will become more stable. And yes, it worked folks.. The phone now is very stable and more responsive and its a treat to use the phone. Love my 5800 now a lot after reinstalling the firmware..
Finally I can say proudly that my Nokia 5800 is an allrounder with superb audio quality,
marvellous video playback, sexy looks, numerous features and all comes only for 13K. I just cannot beleive it. Great phone from Nokia. 5800 is like a precious jewel, use it carefully and the more you care about it, the more it rocks.. I am waiting for future firmwares and hoping my 5800 will rock even more....
Anonymous, 10 Dec 2009Guys, for this of you who have trouble updating your phone to the latest firmware, you can dow... moreVery simple phone and easy to use with variable function and more faster using latest version, with available firmware version : http://www.a2phone.com/nokia-5...-0-101-v9-23
Foofie, 10 Dec 2009should i choose Nokia 5800 Expressmusic or Samsung Star wifi? Which one is better? It is a hot phone
peejay, 10 Dec 2009problems about messages not being sent and stays in the outbox might be because of intermitten... moreI also have that problem. Found that the phone changes the message settings every time the phone is switched off and on. Keeps changing it to the wrong message center number. Then it won't send the messages.
about youtube problem there's nothing you can do.Although when it stops if you put it back from the beginning the clip will play smooth all the way
I got this phone a week ago. very very impressed with its features and responsiveness. got version 21 and updated to v31. Garmin works very well, only you have to set map details to normal. very quick sattelite receiving. But one day ago the problems showed up. for 2 hours my wife tried to call me but the phone didn't ring. When she told me, I restarted the phone and it showed no signal. After two more restarts is stopped working and didn't open at all. Turned into a brick. I tried everything, inluding flashing with Phoenix and v31 firmware but nothing. Still dead. Sent it to service today, and I'll come back with solution. Nokia was the best phone company but now is the last time I get a Nokia. Next time I'll get a HTC...
Anonymous, 10 Dec 2009Guys, for this of you who have trouble updating your phone to the latest firmware, you can dow... moreYou should add that it is not free to do so or download the file... Thanks anyway for nothing...
jae, 10 Dec 2009am from the Philippines. I also had the same problem on my 5800 XM re: SMS not being sent. It ... moreproblems about messages not being sent and stays in the outbox might be because of intermittent 3g signal.. turn off your 3g and just use gsm people.. specially from the philippines..
There is absolutely no problem with touch screen , the lag you see is bcos of the Op System and RAM memory which makes the touch unresponsive sometimes.
Tv out cable i bought it on ebay india for Rs.250/-
, Original and it worked well. (CA-75U)
I bought the Original Stand and Pouch for Rs.300/ in eBay india. (Nokia CP-305 Case & DT-29)
Yes, if you dont have that "Tv out mode not supported " in your box , then tv out will work for sure. Nokia company has played a game to swindle some money during sep 2009 period.
If you are not able to see your newly added music files even after refresh library. No need to format the memory card. Dump all the songs in main folder instead of folder wise. then do a refresh all songs will be detected. Nokia music player was not able to refresh tracks if they are stored in separate folders. ( not always but this issue may be seen often ).
jae, 10 Dec 2009am from the Philippines. I also had the same problem on my 5800 XM re: SMS not being sent. It ... morehey jae. I'm from the Phils too. and I got a problem that is same to yours. previusly i send it to Nokia care and they just hard reset it. but then, the same problem occur and the camera didn't work too. so i got to nokia care and still. I'm waiting for my phone. haii. hindi naman pwedeng lagi ako mag hahard reset para lang maayos yung message problems. I hope they replace it with the new ones! :(
can any1 suggest from these option with all possible features tht which 1 is better???
5800 or 5530 or 5730