Breaking Newzzzzzzzzzz !!!
v.31.0.015 firmware update for Tube 5800 will be available across the world on 10th July'09
Update will include :
1)Fine tuned camera performance.
2)New improved widget based Home Screen
3)Improved battery performance.
4)Optimized touch experience.
5)New eye candy photo browsing experience.
So will you wait till 10th July...
Guys, here I bring you some useful
5800 Tips and Tricks
1. To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2. Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3. Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4. If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5. Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6. Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7. Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8. Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9. Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10. How to update your Nokia 5800 firmware using your phone.
Presss *#0000# to display phone factory information and firmware
Now press options and select check for updates
The newest update is sent to your phone from nokia
Download and install updates.
This is done using GPRS or WIFI Connectivity.
1. Use Dialer and press # for about 2 seconds will switch the profile between Silent and General; press and hold 0 will open the web browser; press and hold 1 will open the voice mailbox
2. There is a shortcut key for Music, Gallery, Share, Video, Web shortcut at the top right corner just below the front camera
3. Press and hold the Green caller button when standby mode will activate the voice command. You could call the name from the contact or application name.
4. Organize your sms by grouping them like outlook by Messaging -> Option -> Setting -> Text message -> Other -> Show messages in groups -> Yes
5. Notification light will blink if there is unread sms/missed call. It could be turned off at Settings -> Notification light -> Off
6. If the touch input is not accurate, you could calibrate your screen at Touch Input-> Touch Screen Calibration -> ( Tap around the 4 dots at the corner)
7. Turning control functions:
a. Rotate your screen horizontal or vertical
b. Silence your phone for incoming call by rotate your phone with screen facing down.
c. Snooze the alarm by rotating phone screen facing down
8. Theme effect will give 3D and transition effect if on but will slow down your tube considerably. Settings -> Personal -> Themes -> General -> Themes effects -> On/Off
9. Shortcut to exit application : Press and hold the middle white button then press and hold the program that you wish to quit, an open/exit option will pop out (useful for those haven’t install handy taskman yet)
10. When using handwriting input, slide from left to right is Spacebar, right to left is Backspace
11. Organize your menu by Menu -> option -> organize. You could drag and drop the location of the application you wish to relocate.
Battery saving Tips:
1. Always turn off wireless scanning, Bluetooth when not in use
2. For those not using 3G, choose your network mode to “GSM” instead of “Dual mode” which will consume more battery. Settings -> Connectivity -> Network mode -> GSM
3. Less Display Light
a. Setting -> Phone -> Display -> light sensor (move the slider to the left)
b. Setting -> Phone -> Display -> Light Time-Out (lesser time to save battery but annoying if too short while you are playing games)
4. Always terminate the application properly that is not using by using Option ->Exit. It might be running background and consuming battery which you don’t know.
Memory Saving Tips:
1. Restart your phone if the memory less than 30MB, you could either soft reset (User a dialer and dial 5 * * then call) or hard reset by pressing the power button
2. Use Handy Taskman to close all application regularly or kill application that is not in use.
Camera & Picture tips:
1. Some noise could be reduced if set the ISO sensitivity to low instead of auto.
2. When viewing pictures, you could use your stylus to view for previous (slide left) or next (slide right) picture like iphone feature.
For converting video that is high quality to play at 5800, should use the mp4 format as below (All is 16:9 widescreen):
a) Xvid @ 678kbps resolution 480×272
b) Xvid @794kpbs resolution 640×352
c) H.264 @ 512kbps resolution 400×224
d) H.264 @ 550kbps resolution 400×224 (Recommended)
1. If you can’t find your songs after transferring from your pc to memory card, go to music player -> Option -> Refresh library
1. Always install your phone theme on the memory cards. This is because if some theme does not work (Christmas tree) then you need to flash your phone.
2. Uninstall your application in proper way. Use Menu -> Setting -> Application mgr. -> Installed apps -> Choose application then option n uninstall
Winura, 04 Jul 2009I have no idea when the phone was manufactured but the OS has been put in it on the 26th Jan 2... moreWinura just wanted to check from when by default we are getting 5800's with firmware v20.. thats why i asked your cells mfd. you can check your cells mfd from the box it is printed on the side. where all the import details are printed.....
pamie, 06 Jul 2009PLEASE HELP ME. :(
my screen blacks out when there's an incoming call, alarm, or even when ... moreHey PAMIE, theres a proximity sensor besides the front camera. I m sure that you have covered it with an opaque material. Remove that cover and put a transparent screen guard instead.
Thats the only problem u are facing.
Anonymous, 07 Jul 2009dont buy chinese version dual sim works but the screen freexes up phone mem is to small to rec... moreDude, you got the chinese CLONE and not the chinese version of 5800. Coz this fone does not have DUAL SIM and nor does it have 4gb internal memory. It just comes with an 8gb memory card.
u dont even now from whom u bought those fones. Check before u buy.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2009If that's it, than use your PC with nokia software updater.Hey anonomys.
I managed to download v21, thanks.
Anyone know wot features this update has added?
I really enjoy my GPS system, my music, my movies and most of all my Wi/Fi browsing experience.
I LOVE MY 5800 Xpress Music!!!
L0v3 Liv3 P3ac3~!, 07 Jul 2009=) ello hello, i am interested in buying this phone but i am not sure if i should buy it or no... moremy friend i am using nokia n82 since laast year but when i bought the express 5800 i realised that its a damn good mobile ... i loved it ..maps are too faast and wifi is faster dn n82 and n79 or even n86 ... and it will help u aloot if u geting boore coz 8 gb is noot less memory and its such a good mobile
The 5800XM has got firmware update, taking its firmware to V 21.0.110, in terms of the version change the update seems to be minor one, and also the firmware update is currently avaiable to Honk Kong Product codes only.
dont buy chinese version dual sim works but the screen freexes up phone mem is to small to recieve anything from blutooth internal mem is 4 gigs but no way to change where u want to storemusic volume is too low cannot write tex i bought these phones o0n line and is only when i got them i realised how many probs they have i bought them on d h gate i bought 2 of these phones dont exen kno who i bought them from they were shipped to my brotherinlaw in new jersey and then to me in trinidad
**nono**, 05 Jul 2009Hey kevin, i have a question.......did you use the 3g on Panama??? and, can you used the wi-fi... moreu can use wifi everywhere... i use it wherever theres a connection with no asking for wep key.. the 3G.. i could tell, i havent used it..
=) ello hello, i am interested in buying this phone but i am not sure if i should buy it or not...the fone seems quite tick and the design isnt that good. is the wi-fi good and fast? is the map easy to use? && i'd like to know if the phone is fun to use when u are bored. does it lag much?
I waited for this phone for 3 months. Finally purchased when 5800 released in India in Dec Jan09. Initially i had the typical 5800 problem i.e voice variation. But that corrected by Nokia care with in 30 minutes. To sum up: best ones:
1. Music qulaity 2. ease of use. 3 Lovely design
Drawbacks: 1. Poor camera in dark. 2. Poor video quality (n73 is better)
Overall, its a good phone to own if Nokia has something there to offer in OVI store.
Aravind Reddy, 06 Jul 2009This is worthy but it has lot of problems..touch interfase is nt good...i seem 2 find the touchscreen brilliant
This is worthy but it has lot of problems..touch interfase is nt good...