Anonymous, 22 May 2009i have been waiting for this phone back from last year. when it was released, i grabbed one fr... moreGod damn it! where do you come from with these nonsense ? i think you're the one who's slow for the phone, i have it from like october 2008 and believe me i tried an over-clocking on the processor and had no problem with it .. try knowing how to use a phone
syncronizes, 22 May 2009hii bro... i bought it recently.. when i transfer video (MP4) it only appear sound only and d... morefor those who have problems on video formats, use youtube downloader to convert videos, use the iphone .mp4 format, i prefer optimal mode, about 500mb for a divx movie, sound and video quality is great. and faster conversion than using ovi suite
Me, 22 May 2009The features included in GSM Arena states the phone has got document vieww including excel, wo... moreYou need to download 'Document Viewer' by clicking on 'Downloads' tab on the phone itself.
Why not buy it?
First of all, I am a hard user, I do explore all available resources and possibilities the phone could offer. And I'm user V21 of the firmware.
- Big screen, right? 3.2", cool, except for the battery
- Like listening music and surfing, 3h is what you can get doing both
- Imagine the scene, you're listen music on the phone, but for some reason the phone is unpluged or the bluetooth gets disconected, you will spend over 10s to mute the mobile if you're not on the sound screen
- If you quit the music player and go back it won't show where you stopped before (miss SE)
- Homescreen doesn't turn like the apps
- You can't add anything on the homescreen, totally waste of space :(
- Imagine you have over 1000 pictures and/or videos, now try to find a specific one, you will take a lot of time because they are in one folder, but it gets worst, you start looking but then the memory crash because it is too much thumbsnail to show and the phone can't handle that
- The ear jacket is on the top but the cord is on the bottom, you can't use both or if you walk and try to listen some music using a cord earphone it will damage within weeks
- if you have two or three apps open the phone will get verryyy slow
- there are some stupid things like you want to write a message, so you choose to write it but it gets some intermediary screen before you get to the place to write down the message, waste of time
- THEY REMOVED VOIP :( :( :( :(
- When I upgraded the firmware I don't know why the licenses of the music I downloaded thry Nokia Store disappeared, I had to re-download them
- Nokia Music Store Comes With Music can be installed once each 90 days, if you format your computer you better have a great apology to convince their helpdesk
- It is sooo complicated to type on this screen and I do have small fingers
- Tapping system is confusing, sometimes you have to double tap and other time you have to single time, what a hell .. no standard, you'll have to guess
- RealOne player doesn't work on background, so, listen streaming and use the phone is impossible
0 RealOne doesn't recognize mp3 list like those from Sky FM
- The DRM system is really annoying checking the licence of the music everytime you want to hear it
- I have a Nokia Bluetooth earphone and it fails very often, and it is not the battery or the distance between the phone and the earphone
- I don't know the reason, but sometimes it restarts, it usually happen when I have two or three apps running
- When you open the system apps, like contacts to start a call, it doesn't close it when you finish the call, so it keeps opened using the memory, so imagine if you try to send a message, use the calendar, the clock and the contacts... all of them will keep opened making the mobile slow
- night pictures is ilusion, don't waste time trying
- games, just those for touchscreen, nothing that needs fast response on commands is possible, no way
- I was so used with smart shortcuts on my SE that I miss so much them :( like select several messages to delete at once, or edit a number before send a message or start a call, or create shortcuts for apps, you're sticked on those the media button gives you
- Is the geotag really working? I took some pictures and uploaded to my Flickr account and it didn't recognize, but sometimes when I start the camera I see the gps icon on the screen
- It's a music device, it should have better functions for it, but it's the same old S60 style we were used with any single new feature
come one .. I can keep writing this for as long as Gsm Arena will allow me to write here...
Anonymous, 22 May 2009i have been waiting for this phone back from last year. when it was released, i grabbed one fr... moreI never had such a terrible mobile ever !!!! I could list hundreds of reasons to convince everyone not buying this garbage :( I regret sooooooooooooooo much the moment I signed a 12-month countract with my wireless network because this phone :(
pleaaaasseeeeee ... don't do the *stupidity* I did buying this phone... if you really like Nokia wait the N97, if you like Symbian WAIT the Idou .. or research another model/brand that suits you better..
BUT DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!!
I'm your friend !!!
hey,the phone works fine with me and it is almost flawless.maybe because you all use the old firmware which is v11 or v10.the latest version is v21.you can update it through fota,but before that you need to update it through nsu to v20
sorio, 22 May 2009in respond of Gulo, i say that,i posted my personal opinion.... i came from a nokia 6120cla... moreyou should get a fone to suite your needs,,i am still unconvinced by full touchscreen,,in fact i may just go full circle and end up with n95-1 or n958gb i had nearly 2 yrs ago.. I see the e90 never comes down in price but i am tempted...
I want this phone but there toooo expensive in my country :( hate this grrrr i want ittttttttt
syam, 22 May 2009hom many application's it has 5800In this gsm specifications are not complete at all. .it's just basic knowledge. .
Can someone compare gaming experiences of this phone and n79(yes,i know that n79 supports n-gage)
Whats the accelerometer sensitivity??
thanks in advance...
Anonymous, 22 May 2009Nokia 5800 has a resensitive touchscreen as the iPhone has a capacitive one, different technol... moreCorrection:
Its "resistive" not "resensitive"..
Its like capacitor for capacitive,
and resistor for resistive..
G413, 22 May 2009How fast is this phone actually? Is it faster than n73 and n82?
What about sound quality bett... moreI'm using the latest firmware (V21) and it has a good response. Virtually no delays.
The sound is quite good, but you have to use a better headset than the one delivered (which is no problem because the phone uses the standard 3.5mm jack!). The quality is no worse that SE phones. The speakers are the best I've came across with.
syncronizes, 22 May 2009hii bro... i bought it recently.. when i transfer video (MP4) it only appear sound only and d... moreIf you get a black screen with audio, that means the video codec used in the video file is not supported by the player (probably you have used x264 or Xvid in MP4 container). Just try some other codec like FFmpeg. What converter are you using? My 5800 plays videos like a charm: full screen with a an amazing quality!
G413, 22 May 2009How fast is this phone actually? Is it faster than n73 and n82?
What about sound quality bett... morei would say its as fast as things can get,,for instance i either use media key or alphanumeric icons both on homescreen to get to web quick..Either press and hold 0 key or from media icon its last symbol,,then i am straight at bookmarks or what you have set your browser home page to..
To get to music its media key then first icon and your their within 4 seconds,,i have got 1563 mp3s i used to have 2500+ but have trimmed things down.
IMAGES AND VIDEOS??somehow they have gone backward to using one folder for both but i go to media key then second icon and images/vid and it takes about 5 seconds to have them onscreen and opened.
So its fast really i think some people want it instantly but i know of no computer that can work that fast..
Please is there a way i can lock certain applications like message,phone book etc.
Also am having problem with connecting the phone to my laptop to browse with it. Does it support internet sharing?
How fast is this phone actually? Is it faster than n73 and n82?
What about sound quality better than w995 or not?
The features included in GSM Arena states the phone has got document vieww including excel, word etc. Please can someone tell me how to access this as i have been trying to find it.
By the way I think the phone is great!!!!