if you are having problems connecting your 6230 to PC via Bluetooth, and you have Bluetooth hardware (cards, dongles) equipped with Widcomm software (MSI, TDK etc).
Try the following tip:
Open your Windows registry in Registry editor: Menu Start -> Run -> type "Regedit"
locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Widcomm\BTConfig\Services\0004 key
locate AcceptOther entry
change its value from 0 to 1
reboot your computer.... enjoy BT to the max!
Additonal: for USB Dongles- if you still can not connect, try putting your dongle in USB port 0 (zero) or the very 1st USB port... i think this also works with 3650, 6600, 7650, etc.
hello ted!..1st of all, f ur using the N6230 pc suite, u r able to select from w/c memory to save the mp3 files..f u r not,u must move the files to the MMC....
Can anyone transfer the factory installed wallpaper in the phone Water.jpg and email it to me.I've deleted it by mistake. Its in the Images folder. Many thanks.
I think when u transfer the files via infrared, it will be saved by default to the phone memory. To use the MMC memory for the MP3s and pictures, u have to save them from your computer via USB.
Does anyone here listen to the MP3 and experience skipping of the tracks in the same song? (I'm referring to MP3 player, not MP3 as a ringtone)
I bought nokia 6230 ..i transferred 2mp3 songs and around 4-5 jpg images via infrared but when am trying to transfer more mp3s with infrared it dosent transfers and days enough memory not available but i have around 17 mb memory in my mmmc card can anyone tell whats the problem
Hi again everyone. HOpe someone can answer this or at least the single earpeack part for FM radio. Anyone with Firmware 3.15, using bluetooth headset to listen to MP3? Does it work? Can I use a single earbud headset to listen to radio? eg Headset model HS-5
hoping that this can help...
- Tri-band phone operating at GSM 900, 1800, 1900 MHz frequencies
- 97gm w/ battery, 103x44x20 mm, 76 cc
- Nokia UI API, Series 40 V.2.0
- SMS (txt), MMS, EMS, e-mail via SMS
- Memory: 8MB Shared Internal, 128MB MMC official, 512MB claimed by others
- Supports grid key matrix, 3-labeled soft keys, 5 way scrolling all for navigation
- Connectivity via Bluetooth, IR, and USB via DKU-2 cable
- Active TFT w/ 128x128 pixel resolution @ 65,536 colors, 16 bit
- 3GPP video recording and playback
- Integrated Audio Player plays AAC/MP3
- Integrated FM Radio, VGA Camera, Handsfree Speaker
- 24 Polyphonic Tones, MIDI Tones, AMR, AAC/MP3 Tones
- EDGE (EGPRS), GPRS, HSCSD, CSD
- xHTML MP & WML, 1.x over TCP/IP, WAP 2.0, JAVA (MIDP 2.0)
- Box includes, phone, CD for Nokia PC Suite, HDS-3 Headset, BL-5C, 850 mAh, Li-Ion Battery, Manuals
- 6230 Site Link - http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,47665,00.html
6230 MAJOR BUGS & QUIRKS and HOW TO FIX
- CALLER GROUP BUG
- Do a quick factory re-set: go to MENU-> Settings-> Restore Factory Settings->
Enter Code: 12345 (12345 is stand. default Nokia sec. code for all Nokia phones)
- CAN NOT DELETE FILE BUG
- If you go to Gallery and you can not delete a file in any of the folders
just RE-START the phone (turn OFF and turn ON)- works on other quirks as well
- NOKIA PC SUITE (NOT A BUG, but a mojor issue to some)
- Nokia PC Suite V.5.8 is more stable compared to the V.6.0 in general (others will disagree)
- Can not install Nokia PC Suite? Download and run Nokia Register Cleaner 1st
- PC connection via BT varies from different BT dongles being used,
- some BT quirks have been fixed just by changing the USB port (Fill it out Guys!)
6230 MP3 & SOUND GOODIES
- Plays Normal MP3 and Nokia AAC, iTUNE AAC can not be played
- Use Nokia Multimedia Manager (PC Suite) for RIPPING CD tracks and downloading files
- MP3/AAC Files can be downloaded direct to the phone's MMC via IR & BT using N. Multimedia Manager or N. Phone Browser
- You can RUN MUSIC PLAYER and play games, download files, browse your phone etc,
sort of multi-tasking capability
- Music Player STOPS when you receive a call, end the call and the music resumes,
- Make a call music stops and resume thereafter
- Handsfree SPEAKER is LOUD!!! (IMO, louder than 6600, and P900)
- RINGTONE for calls, txt, can be AAC/MP3 or MIDI Tones,
but can not assign to individual Contacts
- HDS-3 Pop-Port Headset is very good for music
- With your full charge battery, run MP3 for 8 to 10 hours and it will not be drained
even with calls (but your ears will hurt for sure)
- Fastest way to fill MMC cards with MP3/AAC is via USB MMC Card Readers,
or built-in SD/MMC Card Readers/Drive Slot
- MP3/AAC can be used for ALARM CLOCK Sound (so is radio),
but appointment alarm is the same boring Nokia mono-tone
- Nokia Sound Converter can convert general MIDI to Nokia Scalable Polyphonic
- CONVERTING MP3 ---> AAC, well, I'm still looking for something free
6230 VIDEO GOODIES
- 4 MINUTES FULL VIDEO RECORDING with sound (about 2MB file size)
- Recorded video clips are comparable to 6600 and P900, IMO
- CONVERT VIDEO to 3GPP via Nokia Multimedia Converter:
Link - http://www.forum.nokia.com/mai...4-63,00.html
- Other Video Convertion Link -
- LIKE SMALLER 6600 screen, bright and crisp
- Viewable in INDOORS & OUTDOORS
- Turn off the phone and you see a line on the screen- this is NORMAL
- WATCH OUT FOR DEAD PIXELS!!! (check 1st before buying)
- Customizable SCREEN SAVER & WALLPAPER
- NO Brigthness, NO Contrast Controlls for the screen
- Contrast for pictures is for viewing only,can not be saved
- Best Nokia BT implementation so far- BT is for data & sound
- Battery last longer, connection with BT Headsets is a breeze
- Known BT headsets that works like a charm: Jabra BT200/250, SE HBH-60/65, BlueTreck G2, Plantronics 3000 (please add...)
- Voice Dial via BT is superb, tested with Jabra BT200 (better than SE - very subjective and IMHO)
- It is NORMAL to hear phone key clicks once BT headset is paired w/ phone- all phone sounds transferred to BT
- BT headset will connect automatically to phone if it was out of range for a while
- Disconnect BT headset 1st before turning off BT on phone or the phone itself
- Do the opposite & you will need to connect BT headset again to phone
6230 RF & VOICE QUALITY
- Superb! RF comparable to 3650, 6310i, 3530, 3595 and great voice quality
- Reported ECHO- varies form phone to phone. If major issue,return ASAP
- REMOVE MMC card, standby time can last 2 weeks- depending on actual use
- MMC IN, standby is less than a week
- Take VIDEOS & PICS and you will be happy if it last you the whole day
REMOVING OPERATOR LOGO see link: http://www.howardforums.com/sh...eadid=347340
EXTREME PHOTOS & SAMPLE VIDEO CLIPS see link http://www.howardforums.com/sh...eadid=348094
FOR GPRS Settings and others see link
NOKIA 6230 PHONE SUPPORT LINK - http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,53397,00.html
TIDBITS.......YES it has a CREAKY Back Cover, and has a subtle PINEAPPLE SCENT
6230 IS THE MOST FULL-FEATURED, SMALL CANDY BAR NON-SMART-PHONE AT THE MOMENT
PHONE RATING = SUPERB, EXCELLENT, AWESOME, KICK AS$
for more help goto: http://www.howardforums.com/sh...pagenumber=1
how is this i saw it in a nokia priority shop and the salesman told me its a good phone it has a camera , mp3 player, video camera etc, etc but i don't like its shape and colour
Anyone with Firmware 3.15, using bluetooth headset to listen to MP3? Does it work? Can I use a single earbud headset to listen to radio? eg Headset model HS-5
I want to get this 6230 nokia but is it any better than the sagem myx-6 cos the camera and sound on the sagem is excellent plus it has x4 zoom on camera before you even take a photo and it has great record for recording your own tones, does the nokia 6230 have this function? So please get back and tell me before I buy the nokia 6320.
hi. i ve recently got a 6230. Does anyone know how many text messages can be stored before u get the signal on the phone that its full?? is there any way of changing some settings so that u can store more?? thanks a lot
this phone is rubbish i bought one the other day, never had such a poor quality handset before. The t610 is ten times superior.
A great phone. The only complaint is the battery, about 2.5 days the max with little radio listening and no mp3. I can get 5 days from my previous SE T610 !
Two problems I am still trying to get a solution:-
1. How to play all mp3 files in a sub-directory without press down after a song finished ? That is, can you define a playlist in a sub-directory ?
2. Anyone successfully played something from the web with audio streaming ? I like to try this out.