I love this phone so much but last week I expereinced a problrm with regard to my phone memory. I downloaded a theme online and installed and waited....an error message appearing as "not enough memory" was displayed knowing that I stil have 5MB left as an internal and 1GB as for my sd card...Well from 5MB it went down to 406KB which is very bizaare! Well I work for a T-Mobile UK as techno guru but I did not expect this coming....Will upgrading the firmware resolve the problem? i got the version 4.91 something....heeeeelp me..huhuhu
Hmmmm is it normal for the phone to have low reception? the reception around my area is good with my old phone but not with this phone...
hi everyone,pls advise me how can i convert some format like .gif and .jpg into jar or any format who i can use into mu nokia 6233 pls?like i want copy a jok into my nokia 6233 then send to someone and they can that jok?pls advise me what shell i do?thanks
Guys, is there any1 have problem like me?
when i change theme at my old 6233, and change the wallpaper of the theme, and after i restart, it take very long. but if not change the wallpaper, its okay. so i never change wallpaper of any theme, thats way i always searching for good theme that already include good wallpapers.
any suggestion of this? or maybe i need to upgrade my firmware too, but when reading the darcey's opinion, i'm afraid my phone will be flickering when i'm upgraded it :)
want to ask which phone is good comparing ALcatel OT-S853 Vs 6233...just compare in sound quality not in overall features!!
To jameson :
Thanks for your replay. Today I take this phone and I am very happy for your advice.If I have any doubt sure send message to you.
Thanks & Regards
hello everybody, this weekend makes me exhausted...
This is my personal opinion for Nokia 6233 which is:
1. It has good QVGA display (240x320)
2. resolutin 262TFT is above avarage, u can still the images in daylight noon.
3. for the sound, yes, i didn't know if it has 2 or 1 speaker (regarding to darcey opinion) but as far i know, from nokia technician, it has double speaker or at less teh chipset is good enough to generate sound 3D. i always to hear sound from the speaker and my colleges already prove it has the better sound than older nokia phone. Nokia 3250 maybe have the loudest sound but not stereo though. And if use the original headset and u will notice the bass (u can set the profile too)
4. for the camera, it has 2Mpix which i have to say, it not very good, but like my previous post, u can still see the image clearly. the first drawback is there no autofocus in it and u have too very still if want to take picture and the 2nd is it take time if want to take another pictures (u know that if already get used to nokia symbian phone which is 6630, etc) but for me, it is no matter cause i prefer to take pictures from camera digital.
5. Video recording is amazing, know why? it is can record up to reolution 640x480 at best resolution and unlimited length (depend on memory left) and i already convert it to VCD and watched it to TV, it more more better than 176x144 resolution. it runs smoothly. this is the most advantage from nokia 6233 that make me thinks to change my old 6233.
And another thing, with right softwares, u can convert it to DVD dude!!
5. for flickring, i hope it never happend to me, i'm using v05.10 RM-145 date 21-12-06. until now i never has that problem (like darcey did) :) soory for that darcey...
6. the Java is MID2.0 and i', not sure if it has 3D hardware in it, cause i already searching the web to find the info. but yes, u can download many games and apps in it. almost compatible for all JAVA MID2.0
7. The memory for sms, it can storage unlimited (depend on memeory left), for me, i never deleted my incoming sms, and it almost reached 1000messages, and it not lag at all.
8. battery is standard dude, cause i almost playing game all time i can, it make me charged it once a day, no problem to me.
9. and the last, it has radio, bluetooth v2.0, infrared, and it has edge support that make download faster than gprs.
thats all my opinion during i used this phone until now... for my conclusion it best buy phone.
Hello every 1 im a user of 6233 since 8 months it,s the best mobile ever i saw it,s vdo is great u can compare it with n95,n93 1 of the expensive mob 6233 & n95 both will record vdo in VGA 640*420 difference is just 6233 has 15fr & n95 has 25 just tht difference . it, pic quality is also better than lot,s of 2mp mobiles clear. i know it,s not a symbian but it got lot,s of great games app also 3D games u can install go to www.gameloft.com the best site 4 any mobile games it, sound is better than n95,n73,6120 i compare with them . it, really handy u can type msg,s really easy on it. it,s keypad is so soft. u will love to write msg,s on it . MMS SMS FLASH MSG,S many more u can see ur recored vdo,s on tv just put ur vdo,s in cd & watch it it,s show,s like real movie camera. it is a mini camcorder u can take it any where. it got great great stereo speakers with loudness. it,s got every thing if any 1 want to buy go 4 it it,s the best option to buy . i rate it 10/10 best phone battery last 4 3 days . but if u listern music just change ur profile to flight mode it save ur battery upto 6 hour,s 4 listernig music 4 to 5 hour,s . game,s 1 more thing there is no need to install games init just put the jar file in the mobile in any folder & play it directly no need to install i have lot,s of 3D games in my mobile like real football 2008 , juiced 2 , medal of hounor , cricket lot,s of more . it,s the best because it,s staright phone not slide not filp so there,s is no need to be worry. just 1 thing no flash . but it got really gud night mode . if any 1 say,s it take lot,s of mb,s 4 vdo recording than change the vdo setting to low in high quality it take 1min 15mb in med quality it take 1min 11mb in low quality it take 7mb & u can also record in 352*288 size lot,s of option todo. so don,t think any more go go go go go 4 it buy it best best best best best best best phone ever nokia made.
has anyone ever tried viewing the VGA videos captured by 6233 on a T.V. screen? how does it look?
btw...sir darcey, I used to have an n80 back then and the screen flickers as well when oppening different kinds of application, I dont mean to scare you or anything, but after awhile the screen of the n80 just went blank, I went to the nokia center and they said it was an LCD problem and the the LCD cost me roughly $100 to fix then I went out and sold the n80 as I feared that it might happen again....I hope this isnt the case of your unit...
I justed wanted to known why is the batery of 6233 differnt fromm the other Nokia batteries? I mean by size, price (which is too high) etc??????
6233 is the best cell phone in nokia series,the sound quality is best, the 2 mp camera result is good, the phone is little bit heavy compare to others but its worth, it has radio, bluetooth, infrared, usb conection, video, photocall, i mean everything, battery life is also good, i keep on hearing fm radio and mp3 songs at night but still i dont have to charge for atleast 3 days after 3 days the battery indicates low, if anyone is thinking to buy this, i will recomend that dont think just go and buy this it cost me only usd$200.
the flickering occurs during the ff:
1. exiting from the camera menu
2. browsing the organizer function
3. browsing the file manager older
4. just randomly browsing thru various applications
dear darcey...about that "flickering" does it occur in games? what types of applications do you use when it does occur?
btw havent experienced that flicker in mine but mine seems to have a worse prognosis as sometimes when theres a call and I answer the only thing I hear are "wooshing" sounds which disappears after I restart the phone
and btw.... sometimes after recording a video which is over 200-500mb in size...when playing the video on the 6233, it sometimes lag, just like when you adjust the volume while playing the video on version (3.75), that kind of lag...but it plays fine on the pc hehe and when I checked the framerate usually it should clock at 12-13 fps but nowadays in my video recording,where my recorded videos lags on the phone but not on the pc, it clocks at a steady 15.33fps
this is quite a sweet and sour case for me, as I cant play the videos that I recorded on my phone,decently, but on the pc it plays better than it should... and not a sign of stutter
hmmm just sharing my experience hehehe
anyone experienced this too?
and a couple of other weird things happen recently, when ever I turn the phone off then I turn it on again, the right selection key, whihc is located above the red button key, changes in the shorcut...
I've set the right selection key to "applications" so that I can easily navigate to my applications folder after just pressing the right selection key on the main standby menu
but sometimes the supposedly "applications button"( which I have set at the settings,the right selection key located above the red button) changes to "names button"
why is this so?
happens to me in 5.43 firmware...hmm
as ur experience GUYS tell me which fone i should go for the best music, good bass, and good looking. How much u wanna give as a rating if u compare 5300 with 6233...
As i want to have a fone with a good music and deep bass..
and also tell me the music clearity and bass on external speaker (is it stereo) and in the headset...in comparing with 6233.
so m waiting........
I've posted some battery saving tips on my site.
do check it out.
I bought my 6120 over at the nokia store, not the 6233. 6233 is a series 40 phone....Just correcting my previous statement..sorry
Ok, to all who own the 6233 or for those who are planning to buy, all i can say is go ahead, this is highly recommended.
However, there might be a bit of tweaking or adjusting on your part:
Check if you have the latest firmware (4.something). The old firmware has some bugs and your pone might experience a blank screen from time to time. To solve this, have your old firmware flashed and a new or updated one installed on your phone.
Test your pone right away by sending an MMS, taking pictures, playing music, and other major applications. That way, you can immediately raise your concern while in the store or while your pone is within the warranty period.
After you've done all this, you're good to go and your phone will be great in no time..
to jameson..i'm afraid this baby has only one speaker but it's quite larger than most phones with a single speaker..Regarding the sound quality, the 6233 beats 6120 hands down..It's quite a letdown if you're used to the audio quality & volume of the 6233. Even with the earphones provided & with tweaking on the equalizer, the sound quality just lacks enough oomph when u compare it with the 6233 headset (even though it's not the best headset of all)...
Regarding the processor, i'm not really sure as the 6233 is not a symbian phone..
I just brought my unit to the nokia store over at sm north edsa to complain about the flicker on the screen when you switch from one application to another.. They say it's a normal occurence among some phones specifically n70. My dad says his n90 also flickers so i guess it's a symbian thing, right..
anyway although i'm satisfied about their response, i'm not really sure if i can just ignore the flicker"ing"...