Im ready to recieve my upgrade would this phone be a good choice ??
all what u say is just your opinion, and nothing clear, don't be care with what the other saying, it depend on how u use it
hi, i have problem about the loud speaker , it's not really loud. Especially after recorded voice or music
Do not buy this phone.
Manufacture quality is too low.
slide mechanism is not stable at all.
battery life is too low.
value is not real.
As a first task on this phone I shall try to reply to some of the often questions here that some people do not care to read and some people answer them without having a clue about this phone.
1) This phone is not a smartphone. J2ME is different from Symbian andyou can not run Symbian, Mobile Windows, Palm or Linux games or applications on it.
2) This phone sustains an impressing amount of files but it is not an office document viewer.
3) The display has Pixel Orgama (a tehnology that bends the light wave when hitting the display and so not turning the pixel black to the viewer)
4) The front camera, which I found to be of a very good quality for it's configuration ONLY activates when you switch to Video Call. You CAN NOT in any situation take self pictures or perform other operations with it. On the backside of the phone you will find a silver fish-eye mirror when the time comes to taking a photo of one's face.
5) This is neither an walkman phone or an iPod. Those of you who wish to hear loud music from a speaker please buy a home sound system or a jukebox. For all those who are in their right minds not to expect a phone to be a concert, I have to say that this phone's speaker performs great in a conversation and on the often video play or gaming. Music quality is decent. The headphones are great. Some may argue with me but I would say they have the quality of an walkman phone.
6)Slidind mechanism is strong in almost all positions. When closed it may wabble for half a millimeter but that is in no way a reason for disconfort or do harm to the phone.
7) Battery is decent, although Nokia could have done a little more for this phone.
8) The gaming experience is amazing. Almost no problems with games and found hundreds and hundreds of free full-compatible J2ME games that you can easily download through GPRS, EDGE, 3G. Applications also run very well with almost no conflict or brakedowns, more than I can say about most of the other phones on the market.
9) No, you can't get viruses on this phone because of reason 1). And for those who can't understand this and still ask... you don't need an antivirus for this phone and there is none.
10)Keyboard is fine...has a lot of style but can be a little tricky when writing any text in other alphabets than Arabian (keep in mind that English uses the Arabian alphabet and numbering system but not the symbols). Trouble writing in Russian and Romanian.
11)The 2 MP camera is decent.I have to say that it has sometimes bad moments when taking photos in bad conditions (rainy day, night, corridors, etc) but in rest it's great in my experience (and I have a lot with phones).
12) Phone memory is very good and has been placed to be 90% supported by the hot-swap port. Memory cards can easily be found, they're cheap, fast and reliable. Remember that Nokia has experts studying new portable memory structures like microdrives and magnetic tape, and they know what they are doing better than you. Mini SD cards are the best cards on the marked after MicroSD so memory can not be an issue.
13) You can not install full support for Real video/audio files. Some may work, some may not, so as a tip, do like the pros do and CONVERT.
14) The firmware updates (if you think you need them) can be found on the Nokia website. I can't post the URL because of privacy/publicity rules imposed either by Nokia or GSM Arena (who are really a team of professionals in evaluating).
15) Internet (both HTTP and WAP) work great.
16) Bluetooth finally acieves the required working length and speed.
These are a few of the on going questions users do not read the answer to andpost again and again. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST AND ONLY POST AFTER YOU READ OTHER USERS' REVIEWS AND YOU HAVE READ ALL THE MATERIAL THAT GMSARENA KINDLY PUTS AT OUR COMFORT AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE A REAL PROBLEM AND HAVEN'T YET FOUND A SOLUTION HERE.
Many thanks and regards to those that have answered previous questions with patience and professionalism. Keep on the good work.
Phone evaluation #1211 in 8 years, 2 months, 3 days.
Does the VGA camera (the one in front) work even without making a video call? I mean, just like the N70. You can take pictures using the front cam without making a video call.
hey could someone please send me an email saying wat is in the box when you buy it and also the good and bad things about it please ok thank
1 thing about that mobile is every 1 is talking lie about tht mobile
i bought this mobile it,s realy gud
it takes great pics & it,s video is like N93
in 640*480 DVD quality video it,s great phone with great feature . Games graphic is really gud 3D . music is out standing . mobile sound is faster than W550i , Just buy this better thn N70 & all N series Bye if u want to know about this phone more just mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org bye & take care
i want to know something,can i save sms on 6280 in folders & on the memory card.please reply me on email@example.com
Guys,am havin the fone nokia 6280
a couple of months.If i try to use an animated theme.I am shown operation failed.Wat could b the problem?Help out me.
I keep having this problem.
Every time I call someone... If disconnects after 8 minutes or so.
Is it just me... or is it happening to other people?!
What do I do?!
Replies will be appreciated.
YES!! Finally found ound why I've had to send my phone back 3 times then.............battery ovreheating! Wot rubbish, you'd think Nokia would make a phone that works! I've had to take our another contract just to get a new phone because they wouldn't change it for a different model!!
6280 was a waste of a phone from Nokia its useless the Cover is wobbly and the screen is protected by cheap plastic and now the battery overheats whats nexttttttt the phone falls in 2 pieces lool!!! i have 6280 and never use it becuase i have anotha phone so its useless 6280 was a waste of a phone Nokia NO-kia
WARNING TO ALL 6280 USERS;
if your phone heats up switch it off automatically take your sim card out brfore you switch it off and leave it DONT use it and check that your BATTERY is NOT fake if it FAKE then THROW it in the bin and BUY a Nokia aprroved 1 the Nokia aprovved 1s have a shiny sticker on the front saying "original nokia accessory" i have had for 2 months and iv not used it much but after hearing this dont think im going to use it again!!!!!!!! long live 6280 NOT
i guess the phone overheats because it uses fake batteries... And such as this case are very rare
you should take care of your phone unless you want it to be broken.
This phone is really easy to use. it is also REALLY easy to break; the front cover os broken... as is the back cover ... as is the screen. a really fragile phone which is a dissappointment becuase nokias are usually indestrucable.