Nokia 6680 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3

In an earlier post, I wrote that the 6680/6681 didnt have a hot swap memory slot, well, sorry abt that for the mistake. Its great Nokia has come up with the hot swap functionality and I sure hope all future phones of Nokia come with a memory card hot swap option by default. Just wish this phone had an infraed as well. FM Radio would have been a plus 2. Oh well, atleast after a long time, this is a good phone from Nokia.

Thanks Nokia.

• 2005-02-22 12:36
  • M{3N

Dear Ahmed, this is the best phone from Nokia so far but got the romours, Nokia will release at least another 30 lus phone is this year. Looking forward?
Mr Sam, definately Nokia 6680 is better if you were compare with the 3230. The plus for the 6680 is 3G (faster speed compare to EDGE), 256k screen, 2 cameras, small and fast performance. Good enough?
Yo HL, 3G means Third Generation Phone. U can communicate with your friend with video call. (Definately your friends have to have 3G phone as well). Normally, 3G phone will have 2 cameras. 1 located in front of the phone and the other one is located at the back of the phone. 3G phone have the fast speed for the browsing of the Mobile Internert. The speed is almost as fast as the broadband service. Normally the 3G phone is bulky/big but in this case, 6680 is the winner so far interms of the looks, capacity, speed, size and the overall package. Is that clear?
Hi Carousel, this phone definately can use in US, almost anywhere dear. You dont have to have any special band to use this phone in US. For buying online, I'm not very sure on the terms and conditions. Try to check one of the links in the site.

Dada.

• 2005-02-22 02:32
  • PA8x

hi all
i have a 9500, but when i saw the 6680,
i was shocked.
it's an amazing phone that has the best features can ever found and it is so cute.
i love it
NOKIA is the best.

• 2005-02-22 01:03
  • iA0P

I need some help, im getting a new phone soon but i dont know which is the better choice the Nokia 3230 or the Nokia 6680??? Someone give me some specs to make my mind up please!!!

• 2005-02-21 21:46
  • m9A%

now i notice that why nokia become so ugly but features and performance are good. because they need to put alot of chips and item inside the phone so the phone will become ugly and big.

• 2005-02-21 18:28
  • TC$y

wat does 3G phone do??? and wat does 3G mean???

• 2005-02-21 16:33
  • F4pr

i like the design, i think its handy and power packed features..one day i gonna have it

• 2005-02-21 11:54
  • P@YF

Exellent phone!Improved shape.Not bothered with IR and radios when it has Bluetooth and MP3 player.Who want's to listen to all that sh** stuff on the radio anyway!!
Nokia 6680....you will be my 2005's baby.

• 2005-02-21 10:16
  • MSRn

Hi! I love the features of 6680, but i got some questions here:

1)Does this Nokia 6680 work in US?
2)Do I need some special band so this phone work in US?
3) Where could I buy Nokia 6680 online that delivers in US?

THANKS :)

• 2005-02-21 09:02
  • 4pZ2

dont you know when will the nokia 6255 will be release???

• 2005-02-21 08:13
  • PxW5

Hey ppl I have now the 6630 wich is a good phone but when I saw this phone I went to my dealer and said I must have this phone its great.if you need extra memory just buy a 256 mb rsmmc which is more then enough and radio what for i almost all the time in my car.but my question is wich will be the price around 6630 , 7710 , 9500 or 9300 who can tell me that ??10x

• 2005-02-20 21:29
  • mTva

camera 1.3 Mp ,secondary video call VGA camera ,flash wow!!!!it's a very good phone this is my next phone ,but i think that the price will be good also!!
this is my dream phone!

• 2005-02-20 17:30
  • mBHB

For those who are still not convinced it has hotswap, check this link!
- clearly a nice phone! and I have to agree with my man Bob :) IR and built-in radio is weak! And I'm glad they did not put it in..

• 2005-02-20 16:34
  • mf6h

make sure you take out the spaces after phones

• 2005-02-20 16:30
  • mgcT

www.phones 2udirect.co.uk/Products/type/phones/ProductID/57­89/NetworkID/48#

check this website out. This phone will b on three and voda.

• 2005-02-20 16:29
  • mgcT

You guys who want IR are stuck in the past. Bluetooth is the future, why waste money putting on IR when it's an outdated and dead technology?

Also there is little point in putting in an FM radio as you need to have the headset in which the cable is the aerial for the radio. Nokia do a headset with FM radio plugged in so they don't have to put a radio in for all the people that won't use it (Hence a waste of money) but all you that do want a FM radio can have it still. It'll still allow you to do calls from it as well.

So both these features aren't needed.

The 6680 also has EDGE, the 6681 is the same as the 6680 but without 3G and the second camera. So the 6681 is a lower end model, mostly for countries without 3G and the US which is backwards when it comes to mobiles. Also there is a 6682 for the 850 band that the US uses.

It's not quad band like one guy said but between the 6680/6681/6682 they cover all bands.

• 2005-02-20 15:49
  • mArM

nokia hav just went to a 262k screen wen other brands hav had them 4 about 8 months soon they will be putin out better screens again and nokia will still be do 262k

• 2005-02-20 12:19
  • AeCt

To Pachi,
this mobile has hot swap Memory..

• 2005-02-20 09:19
  • TS8Y

Hi all, I didn't wait till i finishd reading the whole features of this phone, just what came to my mind. " HOW CAN I GET This 6680 "
so, any one can help me to get one sooooooooon ! plz if you have any info'z plz contact me =)

• 2005-02-20 08:50
  • MGGq

Cool cell now iam gona trade my 6600 with this 6680 but 64 mb memory card is too less
atleast 512 mb is needed any ideas about the price ???

• 2005-02-20 08:46
  • ix7x
Total of 3400 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 6680.