Nokia 701 - user opinions and reviews

7.4
7.5
7.5

hi...

i,ve been using this phone since 2012.still on its original batt. currently my batt can still last up to 24 hrs. so charging once a day only.
it depend on your usage. i seldom on games, video and music. i connect to internet (browsing and whatsapp) may up 2 or 3 hrs per day.
i simply switch off bluetooth, 3G, data connection when i dont need it. this phone got fantastic features compare to a more expensive phone even on this present day. cheers...

• 2014-12-18 05:00
  • IWHn

Howz its battery?
Can anyone tell me?

• 2014-12-09 08:01
  • U@9h

Bought this phone new last night am am quite impressed with it. The 3.5" display is a world of difference from the 3.2" on my Nokia 700 which I have been using for several years now. The Nokia 808 with the 4" screen is more of a workhorse with its heavy camera. The 700 and 701 are were strong designs and I am pleased with them both. I Just can't own an a plastic phone like the Nokia 603 so I paid the extra for the Stainless steel and aluminum 701. By the way, is looks better in person than the 'mug shot' photos of the front back and side suggest.

• 2014-12-06 08:37
  • YTSQ

> In reply to need-louder-ringer @ 2014-10-26 13:53 from U{vS - click to readtheres no such thing as SP3

• 2014-11-06 22:13
  • nI0K

> In reply to Atik @ 2014-08-25 04:59 from s8by - click to readdownload mirror app from nokia store, to start front cam!

• 2014-11-06 13:03
  • P@LF

Beware! Not for everyone, but, 5/5 Stars

My last OTA update was to Belle FP2. I decided I didn't want any more Nokia updates after web reports (circa Sep., 2012) of phones crashing, overheating after FP3 Update. All phones/operating systems have annoyances, tiks. Instead of correcting these, to my horror, FP3 caused the phones to malfunction.

It is worth mentioning, since Q3, 2014, the app. Belle Extra Buttons, by developer Mr.Alshawahy, helps those stuck with a 701 to get their money's worth. Another 701 'tik', is some debit card/credit card transactions fail on 701- not in Andy 4.1.2., not the latest browser update. No, better go for a product with warranty, Andy 4.4.2 Kitkat, like Motorola Moto E (without flash), or Spice 498 Dream Android One, (without Corning Gorilla glass) Oh, I got my money's worth- after I use my 701, my first Dolby music system, for 10 MORE YEARS, it has been a learning experience which is why I have awarded it 5/5 stars.

The single 'deal breaker' for the average Joe, the lion's share of Nokia customers, is the BUNGLING DESIGN NEGLIGENCE of not providing adequate ringer volume(66dB). Is 701 like gold Rolex, for Super rich- ringer not audible(missed calls) in typical street noise, kitchen, factory(no chance!), but ok for sound proof a/c limosine?Compare ringers N8-82dB, N97-75dB, N9-66dB. Of course, if Nokia intended to target 701 at high end affluent customers, then a feature by feature /app. comparison with the premium products from Apple iPhone 3/5/6 is justified.

I have honestly written SOME (please read the reviews here, I have many of the of the same complaints) tiks of the 701 so other competing mobile manufacturers don't try to cut any corners 'just like Nokia did for the 701', good for everyone when I buy my next phone. I will say the weak ringer sound is the cause of 701 unpopularity, all the other tiks are bearable. So it is not a case of 'does everything but answer a phone call', but, more of 'does nothing but could get you fired from your job'....

• 2014-10-26 13:53
  • U{vS

Beware! Not for everyone, but, 5/5 stars
...same as my next post.....

• 2014-10-26 13:48
  • U{vS

> In reply to Atik @ 2014-08-25 04:59 from s8by - click to readDown load scam

• 2014-10-25 20:30
  • PUMt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-04 21:42 from bJi6 - click to readplz am aving the same issue the lower part of my device has lost sensitivity...what can I do

• 2014-10-19 08:57
  • ftVg

The best phone that i used ever.no any faults for 2 years.better than android.camera and apps and sensors are cool.high speed 3.5G internet.Photoshop,microsoft word,exel,adobe reader are there.best investment to money

• 2014-10-19 06:43
  • iwpE

I'm facing the same issue too...the lower part
of the screen is losing sensitivity.... What should i do....??? What is reason behind this..????

• 2014-10-04 21:42
  • bJi6

best mobile i used til i got my lumia it fell several times ang still kicking . im using it now as backup phone. camera is good aps are fine and games are great . but only few hd games was released due to a dead os.

• 2014-09-20 22:01
  • LePd

I am using this mobile phone for last 3 years.It is the worst mobile phone I have ever used and manufactured by Nokia.No Apps, camera quality is not as good of 8 mega pixel,phone hangs frequently.Touch is not good.
Even now there is no buer has shows any type of interest to buy this with resonable price.
Nokia now the floppest company in the world.

• 2014-09-18 12:01
  • wdQR

one of the worst mobile phone. hanged many times. costly too.

• 2014-09-06 19:30
  • rA{V

> In reply to Risav @ 2014-08-01 08:15 from 7tJE - click to readWhy it not bring light on screen after fall in water

• 2014-09-06 11:20
  • NvwJ

In belle fp2, front camera is accessed using the widget called Mirror!

• 2014-08-26 16:33
  • K1FB

How can I open front camera....pls any 1 tell me

• 2014-08-25 04:59
  • s8by

> In reply to Kimbo @ 2014-06-26 18:45 from fufr - click to readYeah bro m facing the sme issue...the lower part of the phone is losing sensitivity

• 2014-08-01 08:15
  • 7tJE

> In reply to Kimbo @ 2014-06-26 18:45 from fufr - click to readI am facing same problem my frnd who repair the mobile told me its sensor problem and have to change it

• 2014-07-20 02:45
  • Y}$p

It experians as like a android

• 2014-07-19 03:51
  • rAQ$
Total of 6014 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 701.