Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

bro,
i m not getting the search button in music player.
How to get a desired song among my huge collection of songs.
Thanks

• 2014-12-17 04:14
  • PEq2

Some or most of the other smart phone ( esp. Android phne) has Camscanner that allow me to make photos such as Name card /Flower ect. . but nokia n8 & n808 has Close Up option that is usefull for doing photo like this.
Just one thing i wonder ..,for example: making pictures inside a restaurant (bright light), my photos have different color ( because i was shooting it different corner),
However the photos are still beautiful :)
Very good Nokia (thanks)

• 2014-12-14 04:12
  • XMPx

> In reply to abc @ 2014-12-10 19:52 from X}e3 - click to readPut your flash optio in ON, it will result

• 2014-12-13 19:21
  • JQFH

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-11 02:02 from B}Qp - click to readthanx a lot..

• 2014-12-13 10:26
  • uNVx

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-12-11 02:02 from B}Qp - click to readthanx a lot.
I realised that phone camera is never a substitute of a digicam..
But 808 is better in comparison to other smartphone.

• 2014-12-12 16:21
  • Kh28

> In reply to abc @ 2014-12-10 19:52 from X}e3 - click to readOn my N8 I usually turn the Xenon flash "on" in such situations and get totally acceptable photos, the flash brightens the faces while the background stays normal. Is there a portrait setting on the 808 that could take care of this? Or simply switch the flash to "always on"? Most phones will have the same problem with tricky light because of lower dynamic range and I don't know of a better solution.

• 2014-12-11 02:02
  • B}Qp

Needs some tips urgent..
Pls help me guys..
I m now in a family tour.
When i shoot in bright scene my people face becomes dark and background is fine..
If i increase exposure my subject's face is fine but the background scene becomes whitish (overexposed )..as pv 808 has no HDR mode,how to make pic better in this situation ?
I m waiting for ur kind reply for better photography.

• 2014-12-10 19:52
  • X}e3

Performance fully changed now my nokia 808 is really superb thanks for the New firmware

• 2014-12-09 07:57
  • uwxI

> In reply to ITS KC @ 2014-12-08 11:25 from y{0P - click to readthanx dude.
But i m not so expert in tech.
Will give it a try later.
Thanx again.

• 2014-12-08 15:31
  • PEq2

> In reply to abc @ 2014-12-08 08:22 from PEqe - click to readUse Delight CFW, it will completely give a new life and awesome breath to tour 808PV. No more Galery hang forever, Delight CFW is so AWESOOOOOM...! Here's the link:

• 2014-12-08 11:25
  • y{0P

dear friends,
i m facing frequent gallery hang..
After reboot gallery works fine.but after few hours it hangs again.
Oh..i m frastrated.
Pls help me guys to overcome this annoying hanging prob.thank u

• 2014-12-08 08:22
  • PEqe

> In reply to realmoner @ 2014-12-07 02:17 from rVuB - click to readYes , its true. It is one of the best camera phone..for shooting pictures in bright and low light. .:)
The best way i learned from n808 is pure view mode (C1 -8 mega pixels)..

• 2014-12-07 05:25
  • XMPx

My wife has taken several thousand Of photos . Its the best camera phone in the market. it still gives the new phones a run for the money on real photography,

• 2014-12-07 02:17
  • rVuB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-27 17:18 from gxJ{ - click to readIts all because of microsoft and you used s2,s3,s4 etc. but if i say it comes to me that android is ok and ios sucks and it is inferior from symbian. Symbian was is and will be the best.

• 2014-11-29 06:57
  • vbTL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-27 14:50 from XMPx - click to readHi mate if not 808 should i go for N8 the last symbian successor or N9 the last meego device because ya they both are open source and share similar ui and features what you have to say about it please people share your thoughts they won't be available lifelong and i want them to live forever.

• 2014-11-29 06:54
  • vbTL

hello, took more than 24 months of use my pureview nokia and unfortunately is a very bad experience, you can not make video calls even though the web site it says , you can not make Russian the front camera to take pictures are applications and worst of all is that the operating system of the phone is NOT COMPATIBLE with very many applications, all operating systems have many brands of mobile nokia 808 updates but stopped updating and creating their applications since last year without informing us users , agradecere someone Eastern me about any solution . Thank you

• 2014-11-29 02:52
  • 4wLY

used galaxy s2.s3.s4.s5 as work phone.tried jolla as well BUT symbian still my favorite and especially 808..fantastic photo phone.shame there so few app.

• 2014-11-27 17:18
  • gxJ{

> In reply to WaBBy500 @ 2014-11-27 08:28 from vbUv - click to readHi bro, it is not easy to find this camera phone at the
present.
Its internet speed is good , battery is medium , not bad but not very good, fortunately I bought secondhand one , they gave me Mugen power battery 3000mAh that I can use double time longer than original battery.
Before I used nokia N8 but N808 is better because its battery is removeable, picture clarity is also very good ( can be compared with the up to date smart/ high end phone) especially we we use pure view mode by shooting.
Symbian OS is unique , I like it.
I would like to recommend this camera phone to whom, who wants to do pictures and calling.

• 2014-11-27 14:50
  • XMPx

For how much it is available right now and is the phone slow or hanging ??? Its not receiving any updates is it a good buy now ?? I want this last symbian device and want to live it forever as it has a special place in my heart.

• 2014-11-27 08:28
  • vbUv

friends,
how to take bokeh pic (background blurr) with my beloved pureview 808 ??thank u.

• 2014-11-27 03:29
  • PEqh
Total of 10629 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.