Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

We all knew this was eventually coming, but it's now official. Symbian on Nokia is dead.
Nokia managed to send off the once might platform in style. The 808 PureView will go down in history as the last Symbian device by the Finnish manufacturer.
Nokia announced the news alongside its great Q4 results today, which showed $585 million profit and $10.83 billion in revenue.
During our transition to Windows Phone through 2012, we continued to ship devices based on Symbian. The Nokia 808 PureView, a device which showcases our imaging capabilities and which came to market in mid-2012, was the last Symbian device from Nokia.
Symbian OS on Nokia devices has played a key part in the smartphone game over the past ten years, but its significance was severely reduced once the touchscreen revolution started. Some of the most notable phones to come out of Nokia were powered by Symbian - beginning with the 9210 Communicator. The Nokia E61 started a messenger phone hype that peaked with the E71, making Symbian OS the only viable competitor to the then-strong BlackBerry portfolio of messengers.
Then came the cameraphone era, which gave birth to devices like the Nokia N95, which was widely regarded as the king of the smartphone hill in its day. The Nokia N8 came at a time when Symbian was rapidly sliding into irrelevancy but still made a huge splash among camera-lovers with its large sensor and superb image quality. Heck we loved snapping photos with it and it's still the most popular smartphone in our database with over 25 million hits.
Nokia began a shift towards Windows Phone in the beginning of 2011 and starting now Redmond's mobile OS is Nokia's only smartphone platform.

• 2013-01-25 04:55

nokia 808

• 2013-01-25 04:53

Symbian is officially dead, 808 PureView is the last of its kind

• 2013-01-25 04:52
  • utxs

symbian OS is imortal will come back in new Avatar sucha great OS can'tbe abandoned,it will never die will be in our hearts and phones forever,...how can any company will kill something which made them mark on universe and ruled for decades.may be some strategies of NOKIA,

• 2013-01-25 03:47
  • 7j@c

> In reply to Lithin @ 2013-01-23 10:33 from utua - click to readHey if u want I can send it to u frm bombay...its in stock here in few places...it fr 25k here....I just brought my 2nd 808 pv...its a master piece...want to keep dis fone fr ever...my main fone is 808 pv and I have note 2 and 9900...

• 2013-01-25 03:08
  • t}wu

Now, It's more likely that I buy this phone.
I really want to continue to experience this operating system. I do like It!
Nokia you accostumed us to your Symbian, and We know that in your Lumia phones You'll have the same quality and your great standar as usual.

• 2013-01-25 00:42
  • LwNd

I think all you guys have read the sad news. As i was expected, Nokia will not release another Symbian device. So the mighty 808 is the last of Symbian. Nokia announced today and confirmed that from today Symbian has a last hero. When this is said, you can call it dead. Unfortunately, our beloved OS will grow old and die and there is no one to save it. Unless Nokia does something :(.

• 2013-01-24 21:14
  • L7gu

> In reply to Great808pvowner @ 2013-01-24 20:11 from iwpE - click to readHey, i'm in Germany and is not so nice as there:)). And nope, i don't have it yet. But i will:). At least, i hope so:)).

• 2013-01-24 21:10
  • L7gu

> In reply to rdxG @ 2013-01-24 18:44 from YQLK - click to readHey, there is no problem flashing. As i was saying, Nokia care center flashes your device with this tool when you go to them for an upgrade or what ever problem you have. First they wil fix with this tool, and if after this still doesn't work, they look for a hardware problem. But if you don't feel save it is ok, i understand. As for your question... that i don't quite know. When i upgraded my n8 from anna to belle. i Got all the factory apps back, but when i upgraded from belle to belle refresh. I had nothing. I could not bring my default apps and all the stuff back. So from that day, i don't use Nokia suite to update my phones, or to fix them, anymore:). you can try, but if you don't want to upgrade to fp2. This will be the best thing you can do. Flash your original fp1 with phoenix:)

• 2013-01-24 21:09

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-23 20:23 from L7gu - click to readHi Carol

Thank u so much..I live in Sri Lanka..U?

I saw ur post here everyday..U looks like mobile guru..
Anyway u helped to lot of people..
Appreciate that ..

By the way do u have 808?

• 2013-01-24 20:11
  • iwpE

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-24 12:56 from L7gu - click to readtnx for the reply carol
i'm currently in FP1, if i update it to FP2 thru nokia suite by installing 400+MB S/W can i bring it back to factory defaults.. correct me if i wrong..
my 808 is only a week old, so i'm afraid about fashing..

• 2013-01-24 18:44
  • YQLK

Nokia 808 now officially REST IN PEACE what do you say carol & localhyd

• 2013-01-24 18:39
  • fC$e

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-23 15:09 from L7gu - click to readHey Carol,

They replaced my phone with new one, but color is black this time, mine was white.

firmware version is 1507.

I'm checking it... will update soon about 3G bug. Mfg date is same as my previous one. But phone is looking quite stable & looking really nice in black too.

thanks

• 2013-01-24 18:36
  • vbGx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-24 16:15 from Mf5N - click to readtry phonenetInfo v2.9.0 from nokia store it shows accurate info about discharge levels in mAh.. BTW 808 stops charging @ 1325 mAh though the official rating is 1400mAh.. i'm impressed with the battery results it lasts a whole day with 3G on & i took nearly 50 pics with xenon ON..
@localhyd : well said bro +100..
In bright day my dad's galaxy S3 8MP pics can't match 2MP of my pureview..

• 2013-01-24 18:31
  • YQLK

> In reply to Ivancapp @ 2013-01-24 17:39 from KS6m - click to readas ua wish ,take any one of dem ....

• 2013-01-24 18:14
  • tUdx

so, if i want to get this phn now, what manufactured date is safe to consider..??

• 2013-01-24 17:39
  • KS6m

So this is it last of the symbiam family

• 2013-01-24 17:18
  • 0U0S

i think people want a phone with 5mp front camera,50mp main camera,in built 64gb and external 1000gb,battery 5000mah,pocket friendly weight,that phone has one special feature it should not switch off .... Lol

• 2013-01-24 16:30
  • YT1x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-24 16:15 from Mf5N - click to readvery simple download battery monitor 3app from store not only level you will find all statistics in very detailed.

• 2013-01-24 16:19
  • YT1x

Can you set 808 to show % of what's left in battery?

• 2013-01-24 16:15
  • Mf5N
Total of 10610 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.