Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to Gthm @ 2013-01-18 12:55 from w49R - click to readI have not read anywhere about any possible way to downgrade the keyboard.not even a mod for It.sorry.many want the old numeric keyboard back after updating to fp2.

• 2013-01-18 20:58
  • gxJ{

> In reply to Gthm @ 2013-01-18 12:55 from w49R - click to readsettings.phone.language.writing language..there you have It

• 2013-01-18 20:44
  • gxJ{

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-18 12:47 from L7gu - click to readHey Carol,

As I told you nothing changed... I check My 808 after upgrade in 113.010.1508 (Custom version-113.010.1508.C00.01).

Same issue of phone locked-up & I need to remove battery to start phone again.

Do you have any information that newly manufactured phones are OK. And not facing this problem over HSPA.

Because this time I'll claim to replace my 808 with recent mfg. one. But I know in India it will not be easy.

• 2013-01-18 20:11
  • vbG0

> In reply to renegade @ 2013-01-18 08:30 from 7qFg - click to readHI, I'm also from India using this phone since 2 months... Please check this URL

I'm facing exact same problem since first day... I love this phone because of camera.

Man can u tell me have u faced this issue in your phone, do u use 3G data on it.

Please check it for me, over 3g network & HSPA enabled. Use Opera, Basic Browser, Nokia Store or anything to send/receive data, use it for 15-20 min because if device is idle for long time it doesn't starts immediately. But once locked, I remove battery, start it again if I'll try do same hanged again back to back unless I didn't stop using data network or disable HSPA from "Connectivity>Admin.Settings>Mobile data>High Speed packet access".

One more thing if not then please tell me Mnfg. Date of your phone. Mine is June 2012 (color-White).

I submitted it twice to Nokia Cust. Care but they couldn't fix it.

Please help any body from India.
Thanks in advanced.

• 2013-01-18 20:01
  • vbG0

i have read that gsmarena declared that nokia 808 is the best display in direct sunlight.

so i tired to compare it( my friend nokia 808 fp2) with my nokia 701 fp2. same version.

and all i can say ( with brightness set to 100% using extra buttons) with auto sensor desabled, that my nokia 701's display is way better in direct sunlight, so please gsm correct the contrast ratio and includes the nokia 701.

other than that nokia 808 is far better than 701, in every thing except the screen brightness

• 2013-01-18 13:57
  • S904

Hi Carol,
I have updated my 808 PV with FP2, I would want to how to change the contact key pad to alpha numeric. r8 nw i am getting a different type of keypad.Even the alpha numeric key pad for typing in the messages is changed and I liked the old one, is there wny way to bring back the old one again?

thanks in advance

• 2013-01-18 12:55
  • w49R

> In reply to Haris @ 2013-01-18 11:14 from tUhw - click to readThen just delete everything in gallery, and see, probably, the phone is set to upload tags of your deleted pics. Just delete the DCIM folder from mass memo and see if something change after. Also, there is a folder in images who keep this black pics with date. See if after deleting that folder to, something changes. Maybe you are lucky:).

• 2013-01-18 12:47
  • L7gu

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-18 09:59 from L7gu - click to readSorry Carol... Changing that options didn't helped. Option is "Settings>Privacy Policy>Save location info in Camera"
I changed it to "NO"... but no change. This problem wasn't from beginning, it started after deleting those pics from gallery that had gray background & Date written on them. It is something Tag Images that also appears in Nokia Suit when I see pics of camera.

• 2013-01-18 11:14
  • tUhw

> In reply to renegade @ 2013-01-18 08:30 from 7qFg - click to readoh tnx dude!! big relief..
Any recommendation for protective case & screen guard.
original hard cover case by nokia costs nearly 1,300Rs is that worth for such cost.. r u affected by the 3.5G bug(random reboots)..

• 2013-01-18 10:20
  • U@ZG

> In reply to Haris @ 2013-01-18 09:25 from vI4S - click to readThat is a wird behavior. It sound's like your phone is trying to take photos and to tag them via maps continuously... You can try to deactivate the tagging first and see how it behaves. Go to settings/privacy/set camera location info to off (i don't know how it is called exactly, i don't have now a fp2 device. But there are two things. Find my location (or somethin) leave it on. And this save location in camera (or something), turn it off. Give feedback. I am courios if that new fw made the device better.

• 2013-01-18 09:59
  • L7gu

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-17 21:48 from L7gu - click to readOne more thing Carol... Every time My phone got shake (not in hand) even light specially when it put it on anything from my hand. It says "Unable to connect tag, too many tag" or Some time "Tag is empty". It comes very frequently, do you have any idea how to fix it.
I think TAG means with picture or something. Because it creates a picture with Date every day that appears in Gallery.

• 2013-01-18 09:25
  • vI4S

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-17 20:33 from L7gu - click to readHey Carol how r u...

I got my 808 back from NCC. They just updated my firmware with new one 1508 n off course my product code is changed because it still not available for India. But I verified about warranty & they said it based on IMEI Number. So there will be no problem with that.

About the phone :
Honestly I didn't recognize any improvement in performance & look. Same set of software, MS Office is there, NFC tutorial is there, No change in themes means nothing at all.

Lock problem didn't occurred yet as HSPA is enabled since 24hrs.

I will update after using it 2-3 days & try to reproduce problem by watching HD videos or the same over 3.5G (means HSPA enabled).

• 2013-01-18 09:16
  • vI4S

wanted 1 of these when first herd of them but needs better quality screen bigger battery and for me wifi hotspot probably go for sg 2

• 2013-01-18 08:52
  • 7sHD

> In reply to muna @ 2013-01-17 16:21 from d%x5 - click to readHi there,

i use it for skype voice calls, however i donno about viber.

• 2013-01-18 08:34
  • 7qFg

> In reply to rdxG @ 2013-01-17 16:39 from YQ8M - click to readHi friend,

i am from India and would like to share with you my experience about the phone.

(1) I haven't encountered any purple stint issue at all, rather the AMOLED display is simply amazing, best sun legibility. m very happy with the phone display :)

(2) regarding noise, it only crops up during very low light shots especially near the edges of image as you said, if you aren't using FLASH. but you can play with many different settings to get a better image, daylight or with flash image no prob at all.
I took a video on Diwali night and it really told me what this beast is capable of doing, 1080p shot in completely dark night, it only displayed very minute noise at full zoom, else the video is flawless.
i haven't been so gr8 with the images yet but i am still trying to get better.

(3) as far battery is concerned, a smooth sailing for a day and half under HEAVY use. my droid lasts 15-16 hrs but black beauty easily lasts 30-32 hours:)

hope that answers your question. if you are really looking for a true multimedia experience, this is for you. wont let you down!

• 2013-01-18 08:30
  • 7qFg

I still love nokia. Been using since n73 and today
808. But what I don't like nokia is they ditched
symbian and can't force us to use lumia handsets. An open feedback to nokia how much technology
you have invested in lumia range at least 10% if
you had invested in symbian you would have
never been like this.

• 2013-01-18 08:23
  • t1$F

> In reply to Ikenna351 @ 2013-01-17 21:43 from ftKb - click to readi kind of feel petty for that phone man... what are you doing with it?:P And nope, there is no default setting for you to change message path. Maybe there are mod's. But not original settings. It is also not useful as it was before, anyway:)

• 2013-01-17 21:48
  • L7gu

> In reply to Ikenna351 @ 2013-01-16 21:18 from ftKb - click to readI knocked my phone hard on my hand and immediately, the vibration started working again. Phew! I believe the cause was frequent falling of the phone hard on the ground, which most have shacked something and the vibration stopped working. But now, everything is fine.

But i still will like to know if its possible to set the test messaging memory to mass memory not the default phone memory. Any idea?

Ikenna.

• 2013-01-17 21:43
  • ftKb

> In reply to Ivancapp @ 2013-01-17 17:18 from 7tM8 - click to readI don't know, maybe cause Nokia has already sold it to Digia though i can say it is still in development. It was a good plan to connect Meego and Symbian platforms through QT. Nokia had good ideas, but abandoned them quite quick:-??. So, now i don't think that Qt has managed to reach android or IOS after Nokia dumped it. Maybe later will come to androids and ios. And then we can see some more apps for symbian. But as i was saying, i don't know to much, maybe was already released for android and ios:-??. Maybe what i know and think is wrong:)). I am no QT expert

• 2013-01-17 20:33
  • L7gu

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-17 13:06 from L7gu - click to readoh thanq, i understud it :]
but y not people use this for making apps easily...???

• 2013-01-17 17:18
  • 7tM8
Total of 10531 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.