Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to busted @ 2013-01-19 17:09 from 9xB$ - click to readWhy would you even bothered to come here and comment nonsense? Didn't yo' mama teched you the good manners? Like: don't talk if you don't know, do not disturb when outside stays this written? Now, go get some jellybean and keep silance!

• 2013-01-20 00:27
  • J5L3

> In reply to Haris @ 2013-01-18 20:11 from vbG0 - click to readHEY, my friend. You can try to contact Nokia directly. Please try to talk more with nokia then with the people there. Contact Nokia and tell them your Problem. I don't Know if something good is în the new models. All i know is that Nokia is aware of the Problem and i am pretty shore they will help you more then others. You can ask for a replacement also if you think you get lucky

• 2013-01-20 00:03
  • J5L3

> In reply to Gthm @ 2013-01-18 12:55 from w49R - click to readHEY AS ALL PEOPLE SAY, there is no way to modify your new key. I am sorry. Maybe later will come a mod or something but now,there is any:(.

• 2013-01-19 23:54
  • J5L3

why the hell would you buy a camera with high megapix. if you are after the camera, go buy a dslr. another thing, taking pictures/big file takes more time when uploading the pic on net except if you have fast inetrnet at home.

• 2013-01-19 17:09
  • 9xB$

> In reply to rdxG @ 2013-01-18 10:20 from U@ZG - click to readfriend im using molife case after doing lot of research this is one of the best to fit pv 808 this comes case with scratch gard,for rs699 after discount,its so comfortable to handle i purchased at honkong market in secunderabad,and you can buy at flipkart.com,,,,you will love more to your phone more after putting it.....

• 2013-01-19 12:35
  • 7tLt

Nokia 808 works with micro sdxc of 64gb too :)

• 2013-01-19 12:32
  • 3evW

> In reply to Gthm @ 2013-01-18 12:55 from w49R - click to readI have not read anywhere about any possible way to downgrade the keyboard.not even a mod for It.sorry.many want the old numeric keyboard back after updating to fp2.

• 2013-01-18 20:58
  • gxJ{

> In reply to Gthm @ 2013-01-18 12:55 from w49R - click to readsettings.phone.language.writing language..there you have It

• 2013-01-18 20:44
  • gxJ{

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-18 12:47 from L7gu - click to readHey Carol,

As I told you nothing changed... I check My 808 after upgrade in 113.010.1508 (Custom version-113.010.1508.C00.01).

Same issue of phone locked-up & I need to remove battery to start phone again.

Do you have any information that newly manufactured phones are OK. And not facing this problem over HSPA.

Because this time I'll claim to replace my 808 with recent mfg. one. But I know in India it will not be easy.

• 2013-01-18 20:11
  • vbG0

> In reply to renegade @ 2013-01-18 08:30 from 7qFg - click to readHI, I'm also from India using this phone since 2 months... Please check this URL

I'm facing exact same problem since first day... I love this phone because of camera.

Man can u tell me have u faced this issue in your phone, do u use 3G data on it.

Please check it for me, over 3g network & HSPA enabled. Use Opera, Basic Browser, Nokia Store or anything to send/receive data, use it for 15-20 min because if device is idle for long time it doesn't starts immediately. But once locked, I remove battery, start it again if I'll try do same hanged again back to back unless I didn't stop using data network or disable HSPA from "Connectivity>Admin.Settings>Mobile data>High Speed packet access".

One more thing if not then please tell me Mnfg. Date of your phone. Mine is June 2012 (color-White).

I submitted it twice to Nokia Cust. Care but they couldn't fix it.

Please help any body from India.
Thanks in advanced.

• 2013-01-18 20:01
  • vbG0

i have read that gsmarena declared that nokia 808 is the best display in direct sunlight.

so i tired to compare it( my friend nokia 808 fp2) with my nokia 701 fp2. same version.

and all i can say ( with brightness set to 100% using extra buttons) with auto sensor desabled, that my nokia 701's display is way better in direct sunlight, so please gsm correct the contrast ratio and includes the nokia 701.

other than that nokia 808 is far better than 701, in every thing except the screen brightness

• 2013-01-18 13:57
  • S904

Hi Carol,
I have updated my 808 PV with FP2, I would want to how to change the contact key pad to alpha numeric. r8 nw i am getting a different type of keypad.Even the alpha numeric key pad for typing in the messages is changed and I liked the old one, is there wny way to bring back the old one again?

thanks in advance

• 2013-01-18 12:55
  • w49R

> In reply to Haris @ 2013-01-18 11:14 from tUhw - click to readThen just delete everything in gallery, and see, probably, the phone is set to upload tags of your deleted pics. Just delete the DCIM folder from mass memo and see if something change after. Also, there is a folder in images who keep this black pics with date. See if after deleting that folder to, something changes. Maybe you are lucky:).

• 2013-01-18 12:47
  • L7gu

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-18 09:59 from L7gu - click to readSorry Carol... Changing that options didn't helped. Option is "Settings>Privacy Policy>Save location info in Camera"
I changed it to "NO"... but no change. This problem wasn't from beginning, it started after deleting those pics from gallery that had gray background & Date written on them. It is something Tag Images that also appears in Nokia Suit when I see pics of camera.

• 2013-01-18 11:14
  • tUhw

> In reply to renegade @ 2013-01-18 08:30 from 7qFg - click to readoh tnx dude!! big relief..
Any recommendation for protective case & screen guard.
original hard cover case by nokia costs nearly 1,300Rs is that worth for such cost.. r u affected by the 3.5G bug(random reboots)..

• 2013-01-18 10:20
  • U@ZG

> In reply to Haris @ 2013-01-18 09:25 from vI4S - click to readThat is a wird behavior. It sound's like your phone is trying to take photos and to tag them via maps continuously... You can try to deactivate the tagging first and see how it behaves. Go to settings/privacy/set camera location info to off (i don't know how it is called exactly, i don't have now a fp2 device. But there are two things. Find my location (or somethin) leave it on. And this save location in camera (or something), turn it off. Give feedback. I am courios if that new fw made the device better.

• 2013-01-18 09:59
  • L7gu

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-17 21:48 from L7gu - click to readOne more thing Carol... Every time My phone got shake (not in hand) even light specially when it put it on anything from my hand. It says "Unable to connect tag, too many tag" or Some time "Tag is empty". It comes very frequently, do you have any idea how to fix it.
I think TAG means with picture or something. Because it creates a picture with Date every day that appears in Gallery.

• 2013-01-18 09:25
  • vI4S

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-17 20:33 from L7gu - click to readHey Carol how r u...

I got my 808 back from NCC. They just updated my firmware with new one 1508 n off course my product code is changed because it still not available for India. But I verified about warranty & they said it based on IMEI Number. So there will be no problem with that.

About the phone :
Honestly I didn't recognize any improvement in performance & look. Same set of software, MS Office is there, NFC tutorial is there, No change in themes means nothing at all.

Lock problem didn't occurred yet as HSPA is enabled since 24hrs.

I will update after using it 2-3 days & try to reproduce problem by watching HD videos or the same over 3.5G (means HSPA enabled).

• 2013-01-18 09:16
  • vI4S

wanted 1 of these when first herd of them but needs better quality screen bigger battery and for me wifi hotspot probably go for sg 2

• 2013-01-18 08:52
  • 7sHD

> In reply to muna @ 2013-01-17 16:21 from d%x5 - click to readHi there,

i use it for skype voice calls, however i donno about viber.

• 2013-01-18 08:34
  • 7qFg
Total of 10537 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.