Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

I´m from Uruguay. Nokia´s are the best cellphone at the hole story!!! Apple and samsung are the company of the moment but Nokia is always better than them and anyone else.!!! Nokia Rules!!!

• 2013-01-02 20:44
  • P9xV

There's a new 420MB update. Anybody knows the changelogs? Will my 808 have Skype video call? It's the only thing lacking to this otherwise perfect phone.

• 2013-01-02 18:24
  • v0qJ

> In reply to rdxG @ 2013-01-01 14:39 from U{It - click to readmanfacturing date - june 2012, I bought it around 1.5 month ago... Please confirm

• 2013-01-02 09:29
  • tUhw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 16:36 from Mf5N - click to readYeah I agree, I used N8 for one year and 6 months and then I bought 808PV, it's almost 5 months completed from the day i purchased. I love this phone in all aspects, not only camera but all the other functions of the phone, it's really smooth than N8.....it will be a good buy if we get this phone now coz the price is dropped so much.

• 2013-01-02 07:29
  • Eh3M

Hi,
So finally some device has replaced my Galaxy S2 as my daily device and I am quite happy about it. Why it did?
1. I am carrying a very powerful DSLR near camera. I can capture those precious moments in their full glory.
2. Offline voice guided navigation. It saved my life once.
3. Very fast and fluid.
4. Simple to use
5. Customizable
6. Timed Profiles ;)
7. USB-OTG (a good one)
8. Simple TV-OUT (not MHL,etc)
9. FM Transmitter (yes it's a very practical and useful feature)
10. Very sturdy build

What am I missing from Android?
1. Notification system
2. Some useful apps and widgets (DroidWall, Solid Explorer, Plume, etc)
3. S-Planner (its a Samsung proprietary Organiser)
4. Gorgeous screen

Android OEMs have never innovated so they market their devices based on numbers (quad-core, 2GB RAM, 5"display, etc). It's just like MPs in Photography and PMPO in Speakers. Numbers.
Some people like to pay for numbers to flaunt and some pay for Value for their money. Simple.
So everyone is right :)

I wish Everyone here and their families a "Very Happy New Year".
Warm greetings from India.

PS: I bought it for 25k in Delhi.

• 2013-01-01 23:42
  • rAf5

why this phone is not available here in taiwan? any store here in taiwan who sell this? pls help.

• 2013-01-01 17:21
  • s{Lf

> In reply to harishdev @ 2013-01-01 14:05 from fCyS - click to readThe Adventures of Tintin HD, Transformers dark of the moon HD, Azkend2 HD, Assassins Creed HD, Asphalt 6 HD, Avatar HD, Block Breaker 3 Unlimited HD, Real Football 2010 HD, Dungeon Hunter 2 HD. You can visit this site for more games. Please buy if you like so Symbian will go further. http://www.mobilegamesarena.ne...ax-results=5

• 2013-01-01 17:02
  • L7eM

> In reply to Great808pvowner @ 2012-12-31 16:04 from iwpx - click to readMy pleasure, hope it helped!

• 2013-01-01 16:54
  • L7eM

> In reply to Haris @ 2012-12-31 14:52 from vbGJ - click to readpls mention the date of purchase & manufactured date of the phone

• 2013-01-01 14:39
  • U{It

> In reply to localhyd @ 2013-01-01 12:56 from bJf@ - click to readany HD game you want to recommend?

• 2013-01-01 14:05
  • fCyS

> In reply to harishdev @ 2013-01-01 07:25 from fC8m - click to read808 fanclub.com and umnet. Com or mobileheart. Com

• 2013-01-01 12:56
  • bJf@

guys....tell me the names of HD games available in Nokia store. and also I want to know any secured website from where we can download apps and games. thanks in advance...

• 2013-01-01 07:25
  • fC8m

is there no way to know the benchmarks of this phone guys??

• 2013-01-01 06:11
  • 7tM8

thanks carol

• 2012-12-31 16:04
  • iwpx

Anybody from India can confirm that 808 3.5G problem has been nailed down by Nokia, I'm facing 3.5G problem since I bought this phone...

Please update....

• 2012-12-31 14:52
  • vbGJ

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-31 06:02 from YTK} - click to readThis kind of hardware will not sale. If Nokia could make phones like 701 at a lower price, will sale for shore allot more then crappy a*s cheap androids. I said a story earlier about my interaction with some mid-rage mobile phones. And the 701 was the best out of them, but i didn't buy it cause was not reduced anymore. Remember? Well i got it, reduced of course:). At 150 euros without contract and that quality, it is just great. I would buy another one:)). Ok, wasn't for me, but i recommend it to everyone who can find it at lower price, is way faster then N8. At bigger price (300 euros, as it sales in europe) is not worthy cause you can save some money and buy the mighty 808. Ok, this only if you are in the camera:P.

• 2012-12-31 12:32
  • L7eM

> In reply to Great808pvowner @ 2012-12-30 18:00 from iwpJ - click to readThere is no Other way but hacking. You can use this post for belle fp2:

And this is for belle fp1:

• 2012-12-31 12:22
  • L7eM

> In reply to hud.hsb @ 2012-12-31 03:21 from tDxb - click to reads u r right simple basis 2mp cam 3g and 2.4inch keypad keyboard without touch screen cost $80 or 5k blo with symbian OS will make more smart phones users on universe is from nokia,,,i think nokia production team takes more rest then doing market research ::) lol.

• 2012-12-31 06:02
  • YTK}

Try to make a simple symbian at low prices. With Whatsapp application is already available. I noticed prey android market by providing thousands of free and cheap phone. Themore the new world. The more people are looking for a cheap smart phone.

• 2012-12-31 03:21
  • tDxb

> In reply to razors @ 2012-12-29 10:28 from NvSa - click to readI totally agree with you.
Nokia should not have abandon Symbian.
Just a dual core Symbian should be able to beat any OS currently in the market.

• 2012-12-31 03:20
  • wiXc
Total of 10614 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.