Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to Carol @ 2012-12-28 12:06 from L7eM - click to readhahahaha what a fitting reply CAROL.i don't understand why android user don't accept symbian belle fp2 is better then android in terms of all its so easy to use very user friendly UI,they know it but Dont accept because they want to console themselves how they cheated their pockets,,consider if game developers turn to symbian belle then think where android phones will be in bins....only android has his games what else no camera no dolby can't change interface easily...android should start selling on for mitashi who develop games smartly or Nintendo then all kids will be more happy,,eg.just one small don't feel bad andrusers you check children's in your family uses more your phones then you right atleast now grow up use Belle or Wp.

• 2012-12-28 14:29
  • 7tK@

> In reply to angeliq @ 2012-12-28 08:46 from Mf5N - click to readNo, is not. The guy had some S.F dreams last night in which he saw some androids being copied by humans. Symbian belle is a symbian interafce all the way. Android is, in fact a copy of allot of systems. Blackberry, maemo ios and symbian. Belle is more a MeeGo look alike, and Nokia owns them both. As for the Android being better then symbian:))), what a good laught i had. If symbian had quadcore, android would have been a sh*t in front of it. 300000000 apps doesnt make a phone good. But in this guys had's,they do:-j.

• 2012-12-28 12:06
  • L7eM

> In reply to Peggysue @ 2012-12-27 12:24 from K7gS - click to readN8 came in early 2010 and Note came in late 2011-2012. So with these diffrent time frame of technology we can't compare N8 with Note. Note should be compared with Lumia 920.

If N8 was given the same specs as Note, like 1.6 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM, and 3100 mAh batery, the N8 with Belle Refresh on it will easily beat Note in many aspects and the battery life on N8 will be 3 or 4 times more efficient than Note.

• 2012-12-28 12:04
  • iwtW

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-27 20:31 from 7tLv - click to readI don't know, sorry. Maybe you hacked it? Sometimes, because of that can slow down the installer. Is it also slow when you install apps? Also, do you meet issues when using it? Maybe a background app,thats creating your problem As for the updates, i don't know idea. I have no idea what is Nokia up t

• 2012-12-28 11:48
  • L7eM

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-27 07:01 from 7tK@ - click to readThanks buddy for your info.

• 2012-12-28 11:42
  • iwtW

> In reply to razors @ 2012-12-28 08:59 from NvSa - click to readBut 808 is running on Nokia Belle...as far as I know there's a big difference between Symbian and Belle...I got a GS3, and for me it's too big and I don't like the android os, I gave it to my son....I'm using an Iphone, lot better for me, and also N8 with Nokia Belle...and although slow, it's a super phone....

• 2012-12-28 09:04
  • Mf5N

> In reply to angeliq @ 2012-12-28 08:46 from Mf5N - click to readyeah ANDROID IS FAR BETTER THAN SYMBIAN.When u take a look at the widget nd the 5 homescreens are from android devices.wats good with the 808 is only the camera i agree.Check out the features of galaxy note2,htc DNA,SG3 ARE MUCH BETTER THAN NOKIA.

• 2012-12-28 08:59
  • NvSa

> In reply to razors @ 2012-12-28 08:37 from NvSa - click to readI don't believe you...Nokia Belle copied from android??? Maybe it's the other way round...Carol, can you please fill in....is it true?? I don't think so...

• 2012-12-28 08:46
  • Mf5N

u guyz u have 2 understand that Nokia Belle was coppied from Android.Now that nokia phones are lower in the market,u will no longer get updates.Belle is the last update for nokia.AM using a galaxy note2 nd i will be moving from JELLY BEAN 4.1 TO 4.2.wow!

• 2012-12-28 08:37
  • NvSa

the best device on this planet for taking Pictures and recording Videos with amazing sound quality:

• 2012-12-27 22:57
  • 3vkP

when n8 running on Anna it has problems,then Belle came all problem gone forever,,in 808 pv belle 2 running there is still some problem when removing some apps or theme from device it is taking full 3minute to return normal despite closing all running apps and in c drive more then 400mb is free why so much time it's taking any solution CAROL.tnx and any chance of getting any update in future.

• 2012-12-27 20:31
  • 7tLv

> In reply to Peggysue @ 2012-12-27 12:24 from K7gS - click to readbefore you throw away your phone try a cfw and get a way faster phone and moore free ram and on C: thats what slowing down the N8.lack of memory.a Cfw has a lot of unnessary files and app removed or moved to E:

• 2012-12-27 18:33
  • gxJ{

Bring it to Nokia Care. That's not a small problem. Could be hardware related. Also, try using the headphones and/or bluetooth headsets for calling. If accessories works, your phone's busted.

• 2012-12-27 17:33
  • v0qx

I have both the Nokia 808 Pureview and the Galaxy Note 2. In speed, the galaxy Note 2 goes a long way but the Camera on the Pureview is brilliant -Better than most point and shoot Cameras out there.
A phone is for making calls and the Nokia does that easily.
Okay so it's a dead Operating system but who cares, Making calls still works and Camera is great on it, Apps isn't such a big deal really. Its just a phone.

I actually like my Nokia than my Galaxy Note 2 despite the fact that I'm using the Note 2 as my phone.

• 2012-12-27 13:45
  • mAn7

Hi All,
I am facing a small problem with my 808, while talking over the phone I am not able to hear wat the other person is saying and vice versa... when i check the signal power i can see that the signal is full and the call counter is ticking. Pls help me out here...

Thanks in advance.

• 2012-12-27 13:19
  • w49R

> In reply to Peggysue @ 2012-12-27 12:24 from K7gS - click to readThe only thing negative about n8 is speed, comparing to today's phones. In the time it was released, compared to its competitors, it was best phone ever at that stage. N808 will be fine now. My iphone 4s is also a lot faster than my n8, but the progress from then till now is basicly (maybe 70%) in speed. Features from then and now are not that much a difference.

• 2012-12-27 12:32
  • Mf5N

I just need to comment on how can some users say that nokia N8 is the best phone and allegely better than Galaxy note. Goodness! I have both phones and my N8 is so slow in everything i sometimes want to throw it out of the window. My N8 has superb camera alright but galaxy note camera is also very good. Symbian belle of my N8 is very frustrating. I really hope that nokia 808 pureview will be way up better than N8 bcoz I am planning to replace my N8 with Pureview.

• 2012-12-27 12:24
  • K7gS

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-27 07:01 from 7tK@ - click to readand 64GB memory card and exFat working great

• 2012-12-27 11:12
  • n4y2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-27 05:38 from iwtW - click to readdear friend what an info u have given very useful thanx for sharing the link ..do you follow www.808fanclub.com i do most of my download from there.

• 2012-12-27 07:01
  • 7tK@

Can your calendar be sync with your pc? I'm using iphone now for that, but if 809 can sync and transfer data wireless like on iphone with icloud, I would rather use 808. Feature of iphone...if you change a contact, reminder, note, calendar or something like that, it's all updated with my ipad and on my icloud on my pc wireless...is there a facility same for 808? I like 808 more, but need these things for my upgrade in march 2013..I'm in business and these are features I need and use evryday....especially the calendar.....

• 2012-12-27 06:11
  • Mf5N
Total of 10610 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.