Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to harishdev @ 2013-01-08 12:40 from Hkvp - click to readIm using Sony smart wireless headset pro to pair both nokia 808 & Samsung note 2, it switch automatically when sound is available from each phone.. can pair 2 device max. Really high quality sound, i recomended.

• 2013-01-08 13:35
  • IVRF

> In reply to RODJ @ 2013-01-08 04:36 from t7WJ - click to readHey, did you tried with a factory reset? Normally should work! If you don't want to upgrade to fp2, even though it is quite good (ok, you loose some things, but you gains some things to), you can try a factory reset. First backup, but only your important data (contacts messages) no settings or apps (you will need to set your phone and reinstall your apps after this). Now, hit the call button and dial *#7370# it will ask you for approval and then for your security code (if you have any). Hit yes, give your sec. code and then your phone will restart. The format will take from about 2 to 10 minutes. So don't panic, live the phone to do it's job. It may appear only Nokia while formatting or it may show that is loading for some minutes. Just wait until it's over then retry your Nokia store.

• 2013-01-08 13:18
  • L7eM

> In reply to localhyd @ 2013-01-08 04:03 from KFMF - click to readI don't think there is a difference... Only if you upgrade to .1508 then you will have some performance fixes. As for the themes. Try: MeeGo by Blade, or Carla-v2 by Blade. Or Revolve by Daeva112. Are not to expensive and if you say that evolve original theme is fast. Then this are lighting fast:). If you like other designs. The most fine HQ themes you can find from: Blade, daeva112, IND190. Most of them are lighting fast and full customize.

• 2013-01-08 12:54
  • L7eM

since last 3 years I've been using Creative EP-630 in-ear earphone, but today its right side earphone stopped working suddenly. I want to buy new in-ear earphones. can you guyz suggest me any? it must have strong and deep bass effect. thanks in advance. :)

• 2013-01-08 12:40
  • Hkvp

@ Carol,
Good morning Carol, finally did you buy 808? or i've misanderstood? you've told us many times that it was in your plans with high-very high-priority :))))))))hope you bought it. Greetings......

• 2013-01-08 10:44
  • M}JE

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-06 19:08 from L7eM - click to readHey Carol, How r u man...

First of all where r u from (country).

I want to update my firmware using phoenix to 1508, but I'm not sure about product codes. Can I install firmware that belong to other product code.
I saw some of modified firmware on N8 fabclub as "http://www.n8fanclub.com/2013/....html&quo­t;. What kind of modification they did, is it safe in use them.
I'm waiting for this performance update in India but not available yet. Even if my 3.5G issue will not resolve then finally submit it to Nokia Care. Yaa Sorry I didn't submitted it yet, because I can live without it 1 day.
I've downloaded Phoenix, Navifirm & waiting for your reply to go on with above custom firmware at N8 fanclub.
Thanks

• 2013-01-08 07:34
  • vI4S

> In reply to RODJ @ 2013-01-08 04:36 from t7WJ - click to readhey same happened with my pv i went care he did downloaded some thing othrr then format then i can download ovi,you speak to nokia care over the phone tjey will guide u.

• 2013-01-08 07:33
  • 7tyW

my phone is currently running with 507 belle feature pack 2 without any single issue.. It's perfectly running and i dont want it to update to 508 cause i dont think it has major changes.. Plus the update is too big to download.. Will i still be able to get an update over the air?? Be it minor or major update.. Anybody has an idea?

• 2013-01-08 04:56
  • uSP9

hi everyone, i knew that this is nokia 808 page. But i would like to ask question regarding my nokia 701 fp1. My phone dont run nokia ovi store and so i cant download anything since last november 2012.then i went last sunday to nokia care, and they said that my phone need to update to fp2. But im afraid if fp2 is good like fp1? Please help me.

• 2013-01-08 04:36
  • t7WJ

> In reply to localhyd @ 2013-01-08 04:03 from KFMF - click to readIf you're using mobile data plan or WIFI connection, you can check the availability of "Performance Update" version 113.010.1508 directly from your phone (without connecting your 808 to Nokia PC Suite or Nokia Suite in your computer).

Just go to your phone Menu, then push "SW update" Menu, then the "SW updatemenu" will tell you automatically whether or not Nokia is ready to give your region (country) with the lattest version.

Nokia may already give some countries the lattest "Performance Update" version 113.010.1508. But some other countries may have to wait for a little while. Don't worry be happy, another great thing's coming to your phone.

• 2013-01-08 04:34
  • iwtW

Dear friends,what is the difference between Belle FP-2 version 113.010.1507 and to Belle FP-2 version 113.010.1506,i have version 1506, when I checked there is no update available.my pv is six months old.and very dear to me bcoz its the legend.. And how many default themes are there in your pv i have only one theme nokia evolve whichi brilliant to use due to its speed, how or where i download nokias orignally developed themes,i downloaded many themes in sstores but doesnt look as good as nokias originally theme tnx please reply....

• 2013-01-08 04:03
  • KFMF

> In reply to rahulrods @ 2013-01-04 07:14 from 9CgN - click to readi am using 808 purview from 6 months now and no other phone can achieve technological feat like this phone.I buy this phone from vashi.ther are availibility of this phone in some shops.

• 2013-01-07 20:09
  • t}HQ

Super Pic......

• 2013-01-07 12:48
  • vwes

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-06 21:09 from Mf5N - click to readYou don't have to be scared of wp 8. It's new baby but will get better and better. I don't like it cause is a more closed system, like ios, but my hopes with wp is that slowely will follow symbian path in matter of costumizations and manipulation. And all the many things symbian can do. So after 3 or 4 years, i'm hoping wp will be more then it is now. So i can rely on it to let me do what ever i want, symbian style. Cause I really don't wanna buy any samsung or other rubish with their toilet seats. Now everything is ok i still have one phone to upgrade to:). I kepp my phones allot of time, so the 808 will maybe taking me till 2020:).

• 2013-01-07 11:57
  • L7eM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-07 10:37 from iwtW - click to read:), good said. There is nothing to worry about just that there will be no symbian. Even though, i'm still hoping for a dualcore one:):p

• 2013-01-07 11:46
  • L7eM

> In reply to angeliq @ 2013-01-07 10:07 from MfxY - click to readI don't know if you should thank me but, you are welcome:).

• 2013-01-07 11:43
  • L7eM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-06 18:58 from Mf5N - click to readDon't worry Friend, I believe Nokia is still supporting 808. My family has the older Nokia E5 and N8 and they still received updates from Nokia up to 2012. On the contrary, my GS1 stucked forever after Eclair, Froyo and Ginger Bread. That's all. No more update from Samsung forever.

When I bought my 808 a month ago I got Belle FP-1 out of the box. The next day I could update it to Belle FP-2 version 113.010.1507 via Nokia Suite. And now Nokia is giving Performance Updates to version 113.010.1508. Great ! As far as I know Nokia already gave 808PV at least three updates in less than a year. Very responsible Nokia. Who knows maybe more updates coming.

You're lucky that your phone won't be easily outdated in 3 or 4 years time because it has a distintive features and specs (even if Nokia kills Symbian). So in the mean time let's enjoy 808 Masterpiece. Cheeers.

• 2013-01-07 10:37
  • iwtW

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-06 19:08 from L7eM - click to readI've read that accenture post in more detail...and am feeling comfortable. I will definitely go for the n808. Thanks....

• 2013-01-07 10:07
  • MfxY

> In reply to Carol @ 2013-01-06 19:08 from L7eM - click to readThank you. That gives me peace....I like the n8. My wife and daughter upgrade every 2nd year. Therefore the 808 can last for the next two years. If I have to choose, the lumia will stand way back in the row...I'm scared of the wp8 os.

• 2013-01-06 21:09
  • Mf5N

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-06 18:58 from Mf5N - click to readRight now Nokia outsourced Symbian to Accenture. So we can say that we are on Accenture support since more then a year now. I didn't sow any difference, so i hope they will provide this service till my phone retires:)

• 2013-01-06 19:08
  • L7eM
Total of 10723 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.