Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Nothing can stand before Nokia 808. Superb photography and dobly sound.

• 2012-12-22 12:12
  • t1$F

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-22 08:24 from bJ7$ - click to readYes, a true innovation directly in your pocket, as i was saying: This phone is already a legend, a collection device. And of corse they had to invest allot of time and money in it's camera. It is not like they are samdung or crapple, waiting for something new to steal:-j.

• 2012-12-22 09:33
  • L7eM

hi,carol,i really amazed by this news today there's a tv programme in india techguru through them i came to know nokia research five years for pureview technology and inspiration got from satellite camera it's only best camera which has phone too :) im proud because of my right choice..

• 2012-12-22 08:24
  • bJ7$

> In reply to harishdev @ 2012-12-21 05:22 from fCxq - click to readHey, glad that you figured it out. Normally i played divx .avi files directly from sticks on the big screen without any problems. So 808, couldn't definitely be the problem:P

• 2012-12-21 23:58
  • L7eM

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-21 04:54 from 7tLw - click to read:)). I'm mean :)). I'm sorry i gave that answer but i had enough of liars. This guys are phenomenal! Complaining about phones they don't have and bragging about phones they don't have, or MAYBE do have, just maybe. cause a Samsung owner knows one thing. He really really cannot brag about Samsung's battery. More then a day with Average usage won't last! THIS is just a fact.... but ie, this guys have to say something to make them feel better after the bad choices they made... Hey, look at mine, it has plastic screen, better then your nokia. And look at mine, it's battery last's 3 days. when not touching it. But loook at mine. I don't have signal, unlike Nokia:-J.

• 2012-12-21 23:53
  • L7eM

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-21 04:41 from YTKN - click to readHey, super, i am starting to be fanatic with this phone to, i feel like i have no patience anymore to buy it:). So good for you, that you could sell those devices;)). I'm usually having bad luck when selling phones:)). And sorry, but i won't give my e-mail here, and i would advise you not to do that either:)

• 2012-12-21 23:36
  • L7eM

> In reply to Dorian @ 2012-12-21 04:45 from srpA - click to readnokia is the best! I love my nokia 808 it never freeze.. I prefer nokia 808 over samsung galaxy note 2 because of it's superb camera plus it has all the apps that I need..

It doesn't look like a scientific calculator just like your note 2(it's too big)!!

Nokia make quality phones since yesteryears and it's the only brand i trust when it comes to cellphones!! :)

• 2012-12-21 21:51
  • v0qJ

> In reply to jhon @ 2012-12-20 11:37 from t@FH - click to readgo for nokia pureview 808 blindly....i recently sold my n9 for this phone and believe me......symbian belle is very close to n9 in interface + it have more capabilities than n9.......

• 2012-12-21 18:39
  • ut{n

> In reply to jhon @ 2012-12-20 11:37 from t@FH - click to readin camera pureview is very good but you should buy n9 it has more ram

• 2012-12-21 18:33
  • NQFm

> In reply to Sahil @ 2012-03-01 14:29 from 7tx6 - click to readsamsung glaxy

• 2012-12-21 14:33
  • U@$$

from which site you are downloaded mp4 vdos .......and how my comment gets deleted plz ans carol..

• 2012-12-21 13:57
  • KFMB

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-21 07:40 from 7wB2 - click to readRight now I'm watching several MP4 videos in my 808PV. I can have full screen display by double tapping it. No problem at all. Maybe some other 808's owners may comment on it. So I don't know why yours cannot..?

Check your files or try other MP4 Videos. If they're not working, go to Nokia Care Center for analysis. I think all 808PV devices are still under factory warranty because they're all less than one year of purchase.

• 2012-12-21 09:22
  • iwtW

I tried it and succeed. I convert .avi movie in .mp4 with same resolution. its running now.

• 2012-12-21 08:39
  • fCD%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-21 05:29 from iwtW - click to readbuddy i did double tap but no use may be the file i have downloaded may not be to fit pv screen

• 2012-12-21 07:40
  • 7wB2

808 is really a good phone.but swithcing to 3g network takes lot of time.you really get frustated with it.face book browser is very slow.most of the time your feed and photos will not open.browser is pathetic.
Definatly it has very good camera.
So how to come across the lag in switching o to 3g network.any suggestions?

• 2012-12-21 06:29
  • 3sEw

> In reply to localhyd @ 2012-12-20 16:38 from 7tKN - click to readI think MP4 is more wildy used and has smaller file size. To get a full resolution video in 808PV, you only need to tap the screen twice, then you'll get the full resolution video.

For more details, User Guide icon in the Menu will help us explain everything we want to know about our Nokia's phone. It's an electronic's User Guide Manual Book. Just add it as our shortcut in our home screen, and it will answer alot of our questions. Good luck friend and Thank you.

• 2012-12-21 05:29
  • iwtW

thanks carol and anonymous for reply. even my n8 used to ran .avi format video smoothly. but it seems that the movie I downloaded in 808 has some codec problem. anonymous is right with the idea to convert the video in supported codec. I will do that and will see.

• 2012-12-21 05:22
  • fCxq

> In reply to Dorian @ 2012-12-21 04:45 from srpA - click to readhi dear it depends person to person may be your favourite samsung hav something which u want nokia doesn't have but my nokia has everything what i want like 41mp cam , dobly sound output ,user friendly UI ,i think Carol will best to answer you,,,,

• 2012-12-21 04:54
  • 7tLw

> In reply to katalyst @ 2012-12-20 14:07 from P@cf - click to reads can b shared on BT,but can't select multiple to send at a time.don't understand y..

• 2012-12-21 04:46
  • YTKN

> In reply to carol @ 2012-12-20 22:44 from L7eM - click to readYou NEVER use Samsung...
In the past, I use Nokia and after experience with N8 (phone is total disaster), never Nokia again!
My wife have PurwView and phone freezing everyday (just like N8)...
Now, I use Note 2 and for last 2 months NEVER be restarted!
Battery use for 3 days with constantly surfing, calling and gaming... Very smooth, big screen, powerful graphic and S-pen is reason WHY is Samsung better choice for all... Note 2 is same price like Lumia 820 in my contry, but Note 2 is better in any way...
I don't like Samsung, or favorite any brand... i know one reason for buy, SMART, FAST, POPULAR (OS), BIG SCEEEN, SMALL PRICE...
Nokia now not have any of this reasons...
Big mistake for Nokia is stupid favorise Symbian and now WP... New models not have popular chipsets, ram, cpu, gpu... like competitions (HTC, Samsung, LG) and... you know now... WHY NOT Nokia anymore, other facts is unessesery...

• 2012-12-21 04:45
  • srpA
Total of 10554 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.