Nokia 808 PureView - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to Gitty @ 2013-01-03 10:06 from 7j{U - click to readIt's a brand new minor update. It may seem big at 420mb on Nokia Suiye but it's justbwill be a minor one OTA.
It really depends on your 808's product code. If your product code is listed at Navifirm, chances are you will get it soon thru Nokia Suie. But why wait? If you could get the latest firmware at Navifirm, download it and use Phoenix. Still the best and fastest way to update for Nokia phones.

• 2013-01-03 10:33
  • v0qx

looks like they solved the hspa bug with latest Fw

• 2013-01-03 10:32
  • m@L@

> In reply to Gitty @ 2013-01-03 10:06 from 7j{U - click to readI don't think it has something to do with Phoenix. This pogram is an advaced tool made by Nokia for it's Care departament. So, when you take it back to update, they will use Phoenix for that. Your problem maybe came along with c. Fw.... or ir was just an illusion or something....

• 2013-01-03 10:22
  • L7eM

> In reply to SBP @ 2013-01-03 08:46 from v0qx - click to readI didn't ask how to update, I ask because I thought u got it in ur phones software update option ! I know about phoenix ! I used it to update my n8 with CF. ! But CF affected cam. Quality so wont do that with my 808

• 2013-01-03 10:06
  • 7j{U

> In reply to Gitty @ 2013-01-03 08:25 from 7j{U - click to readGet it from Navifirm and use Phoenix to update. This is the best way to update with new software. Please don't ask me how to do these things. Waiting for it in Nokka Suite could take some time.
I'm happy Nokia's still updating my 808 even if it's just a minor one. I actually expect the 808 to at least get another major update. The 808 engine can handle a major update. Symbian Carla, maybe. Just a glimmer of hope, though.

• 2013-01-03 08:46
  • v0qx

> In reply to VIC @ 2013-01-03 05:28 from v0qx - click to readwhere r u from ? I m from india, checked but no new update

• 2013-01-03 08:25
  • 7j{U

> In reply to yemko @ 2013-01-02 22:04 from fuNc - click to readYeah, right. Nokia's not that stupid. Don't you think everyone would find out sooner or later if they did such a thing? A software update is ALWAYS good for a phone. 'yemko', stop posting bullshit like these.

• 2013-01-03 05:28
  • v0qx

> In reply to yemko @ 2013-01-02 22:04 from fuNc - click to readbuddy y would nokia kill anymore themselves by degrading good products i dont think anymore they will spoil themselves im using nokia for the last twelve years i didn't find such things... But strange to read your post....but pv is awsome phone till date.

• 2013-01-03 04:50
  • 7ty@

hey! ATTENTION NEEDED HERE...
No one should update to the sudden unannounced latest firmware not until we see it review, I guess nokia wanna decrease it camera quality so as to lure fans to lumia 920

• 2013-01-02 22:04
  • fuNc

I´m from Uruguay. Nokia´s are the best cellphone at the hole story!!! Apple and samsung are the company of the moment but Nokia is always better than them and anyone else.!!! Nokia Rules!!!

• 2013-01-02 20:44
  • P9xV

There's a new 420MB update. Anybody knows the changelogs? Will my 808 have Skype video call? It's the only thing lacking to this otherwise perfect phone.

• 2013-01-02 18:24
  • v0qJ

> In reply to rdxG @ 2013-01-01 14:39 from U{It - click to readmanfacturing date - june 2012, I bought it around 1.5 month ago... Please confirm

• 2013-01-02 09:29
  • tUhw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 16:36 from Mf5N - click to readYeah I agree, I used N8 for one year and 6 months and then I bought 808PV, it's almost 5 months completed from the day i purchased. I love this phone in all aspects, not only camera but all the other functions of the phone, it's really smooth than N8.....it will be a good buy if we get this phone now coz the price is dropped so much.

• 2013-01-02 07:29
  • Eh3M

Hi,
So finally some device has replaced my Galaxy S2 as my daily device and I am quite happy about it. Why it did?
1. I am carrying a very powerful DSLR near camera. I can capture those precious moments in their full glory.
2. Offline voice guided navigation. It saved my life once.
3. Very fast and fluid.
4. Simple to use
5. Customizable
6. Timed Profiles ;)
7. USB-OTG (a good one)
8. Simple TV-OUT (not MHL,etc)
9. FM Transmitter (yes it's a very practical and useful feature)
10. Very sturdy build

What am I missing from Android?
1. Notification system
2. Some useful apps and widgets (DroidWall, Solid Explorer, Plume, etc)
3. S-Planner (its a Samsung proprietary Organiser)
4. Gorgeous screen

Android OEMs have never innovated so they market their devices based on numbers (quad-core, 2GB RAM, 5"display, etc). It's just like MPs in Photography and PMPO in Speakers. Numbers.
Some people like to pay for numbers to flaunt and some pay for Value for their money. Simple.
So everyone is right :)

I wish Everyone here and their families a "Very Happy New Year".
Warm greetings from India.

PS: I bought it for 25k in Delhi.

• 2013-01-01 23:42
  • rAf5

why this phone is not available here in taiwan? any store here in taiwan who sell this? pls help.

• 2013-01-01 17:21
  • s{Lf

> In reply to harishdev @ 2013-01-01 14:05 from fCyS - click to readThe Adventures of Tintin HD, Transformers dark of the moon HD, Azkend2 HD, Assassins Creed HD, Asphalt 6 HD, Avatar HD, Block Breaker 3 Unlimited HD, Real Football 2010 HD, Dungeon Hunter 2 HD. You can visit this site for more games. Please buy if you like so Symbian will go further. http://www.mobilegamesarena.ne...ax-results=5

• 2013-01-01 17:02
  • L7eM

> In reply to Great808pvowner @ 2012-12-31 16:04 from iwpx - click to readMy pleasure, hope it helped!

• 2013-01-01 16:54
  • L7eM

> In reply to Haris @ 2012-12-31 14:52 from vbGJ - click to readpls mention the date of purchase & manufactured date of the phone

• 2013-01-01 14:39
  • U{It

> In reply to localhyd @ 2013-01-01 12:56 from bJf@ - click to readany HD game you want to recommend?

• 2013-01-01 14:05
  • fCyS

> In reply to harishdev @ 2013-01-01 07:25 from fC8m - click to read808 fanclub.com and umnet. Com or mobileheart. Com

• 2013-01-01 12:56
  • bJf@
Total of 10722 user reviews and opinions for Nokia 808 PureView.