shahrokh, 25 Jul 2008i bought this phone,but it is made in korea.is this fake?if it gives you any problems then it is definitely NOT fake.
yes it is look sophisticated but the specification should be complete especially in connection, it has no infrared, no flash, and living wallpapers should consider d photos also. but its really gud coz it falls how many tyms but it didnt broke or damage.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2008As I have said before, material is good but ruined by bad build quality.....absolutely no qual... morei totally agree. build quality is terrible. what is the point of using high quality materials when nokia can't even assemble the phone properly? i've also returned the arte 4 times. each due to different hardware/software defects. this phone is one big scam by nokia. they shouldn;t be charging so much for this piece of crap
Milena, 23 Jul 2008I have the same problem tell me how y fix it,it really silly why they use glue .i brought it back to nokia and they replaced the back plate. the new plate seemed well glued at first but after less than a week, it started coming off again. i got fed up and sold the phone. am never buying a nokia again. good luck with yours
jozefe begomi, 21 Jul 2008hi guys I have this phone for a 5 month now. I was owsome, It works perfectly and I haven't s... morecheck the metal plate at the back of the slider. at the edges u will see that it is coming off and you can see the glue used to stick it to the back of the phone.
As I have said before, material is good but ruined by bad build quality.....absolutely no quality control!
Even Nokia top of the line phone like this 8800 Arte is so badly build, imagine how those other once are made!!!
I had 4(four) 8800 Arte & they all returned with different/same quality issue!!!
Recent Nokia phones really sucks...if Nokia just sell their phones by past reputation & do not care to improve their quality, I sincerely wish them out of business in a short time!
Anonymous, 15 Jul 2008Hi Guys, To those of you who own the arte and are raving about it. Please slide your phone ... moreI have the same problem tell me how y fix it,it really silly why they use glue .
hi guys I have this phone for a 5 month now.
I was owsome, It works perfectly and I haven't seen any problem or bug in it.
I like it very much.
I had these phone befor arte: 8800,8800 sirico
Baught this phone 4 month ago after owning a 8800 Scriroco for about a year. Have to say its some good features but overal does not meet expectations
1. Phone restarts in the midle of a conversation with no prior notice major software issue.
2. Reception is ridiculous,
3. The nice leather pouch that the phone comes in is usable for about 3 weeks max then you have to throw it away because the leather is totaly worn out and the mechanism does not function anymore.
4. Charger not compatible with previous model, Nokia decided to change the charger nod on this model which means that I had to buy a whole set of new chargers for the car travel etc...
5. Although it looks robust it actualy is not dropped the phone from a side table acidentaly no higher than a meter and it got dented.
6. Having the anser buttons exposed is rediculous because you have to wait for the phone to lock after finishing a conversation like in simple vanilla handsets instead of simply sliding the door closed on previous models to get a firm end to the conversation.
7. 3G but only one camera on the back hence no possibility of video calling.
8. Camera is exposed, the the previous model camera would be protected when you close the ssliding door leaving no room for the lens to get stained.
1. Thiner than previous version.
2. Software has been much improved vs previous model.
3. Black theme is quite sleek
4. Camera has been much improved vs. previous model.
5. 1GB memory is more than enough for my day to day needs.
6. Ring tones are unique.
Overall do not recomend you buy this phone if you want a show off device the 8800 Scirocco does the job and is probably retails for half the price.
i've been playing about with this phone for a week until the top half flew out when i tried to slide the phone open. now it's broken. i have written to Nokia head office for compensation
if it doesn't hang it's not a nokia.
if it doesn't break it's not a nokia.
u have to tap twice, u can tap anewhere on the metal and the analog clock will up
Loud & clear speaker sound plus loud & clear ringtone is a strong asset of the 8800 model line up...
All Nokia phones indeed have questionable QC!
This QC problem also apply to top line phones like the 8800!
Maybe Nokia use top quality material, but the assembly or build quality is quite rough!
All Nokia phones have uncomfortable & even dangerous "heat-up" issue!!!
Nokia phones also have pretty lousy battery life(especially concerning talk time)!
Reception is not a strong point of any Nokia model either)!
Nokia phones also hang quite frequently!
just had a look at my 8800 arte and noticed the metal piece behind the lcd is coming off as well. no wonder it was getting scratched. this is really silly. why has nokia used glue on metal? it just doesn't make any sense! oh yes it does.. this way it's cheaper for them to manufacture.. will call vodafone for an exchange tomorrow. Definitely no more nokia for me. QC on all their phones is questionable.
where on the phone are you supposed to tap "tap" to bring up the clock display?????
To those of you who own the arte and are raving about it. Please slide your phone open and have a close look at where the metal plate behind the screen meets the casing. You will see that it is coming off! You can also see the cheap glue Nokia has used to stick the back plate in place. So much for a phone made of premium materials. I noticed this defect after using the phone for a week and brought it back to Nokia to fix. After another week, the plate started coming off again! This phone sucks.