Nokia Asha 200 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

6.8
6.6
6.6

its very good mobile< supereb clarity

• 2012-02-28 12:41
  • vIw7

Here's my review of Nokia Asha 2000:

1. I faced Echo problem whenever I spoke to anyone over phone.

2. I played some audio on speaker(not earphones) to check if it worked fine. It did not. The sound is a bit of echo. I don't have the exact word to define it. It's more of a crackling sound that you hear when you increase the volume to max level on a normal speaker which doesn't really support the max level. The sound you hear that time is what I hear from the speaker on the phone. Earphones work fine though.

3. Normal usage of the phone is extremely slow. You'll get frustrated soon. Anything you open within the phone takes too much time to open. I've seen and experienced that many other nokia phone which are even lower than this one performs faster, even with same operating system.

4. I have mail setup on this. The mail not only is very very slow to open, it also throws "Communication Error" almost as many as 60-80% of the time. This I have tested at multiple locations in delhi. At my office, I get very good EDGE/GPRS speeds at all time. The mail throws communication error at my office too. I've tested speeds at my office with Sony Xperia Neo V. It's approximately 220Kbps. With sony, I've downloaded files worth more than 250MBs without a single disconnection in between. This nokia phone is very quick to throw communication errors. To clarify, this is not provided by my office, this speed is from the Vodafone EDGE/GPRS connection.

5. Before I leave for my office from home, I usually put my phone on charging for anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes everyday. One day I noticed that irrespective of the time I charged it for it didn't reflect the battery(Bars) status correctly. I started noticing this for about a week and it didn't change. This was another issue, not showing battery charging levels appropriately.

6. Whenever I tried updating phone software from within the phone, it always said that it couldn't connect even though there was a very good internet connection available. I could browse at good speeds but it wouldn't connect to update. Interesting.

7. Nokia browser lacks basic features. It lacks basic HTML. I tried downloading files (various formats) using the browser but it simply didn't show any options to download from many websites that I've downloaded from in past on different phones, including Sony and Blackberry.

8. The mail too lacks basic features. I can't see pictures embedded within emails. There isn't an option to see/not see this. How advanced.

Finally I decided to take it to nokia care center (dexter, rohini, sec-3, delhi). Before that I charged phone for about 2 hours continuously even though it was already at 2 bars(out of 4 bars). After 2 hours of charging it showed only 3 bars.

Nokia care executives told me it needed an update of software. I agreed to it and they handed over the battery, back cover, sim and the memory card to me. It was updated to whatever version they updated. I switched on the phone with the same battery and it showed all 4 bars now. How Funny. They gave the phone back in about 1.5 hours, same day (this is the only nice thing about the whole episode). The echo problem seems to have gone now. Problem #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 are still persistent.

Interestingly, the rep at nokia care asked me if the phone had hanging problem. This means that Nokia has identified that this phone has hanging problems too. I hadn't paid attention to this yet. I then recalled that it had restarted few times while using mail/browser. I am assuming it restated because of hanging. Anyway.

Bad things about the Nokia Care centre:

a) The technicians/reps took more than commited time to update the software.
b) After the updates were done, the representative asked me to sign the paper even before allowing me to check the phone. Very unethical. I was hesitent to sign because I wanted to check the phone first but she seemed to be in great hurry and presented me with papers to sign. I signed anyway because I wanted to leave asap. I left the feedback on paper that I will check the phone later.
c) The rep didn't give me a reference number for the invoice (fixes done) even after request. I was not given a copy of the repair work which is usually done for every product by every company.
d) She kept on insisting that I extend warranty of this phone instead of concentrating on the current phone problems.
e) When I asked if there is an email I can report this matter to escalate, she was quick to say "You'll receive a call and then you can give your feedback". I haven't received any call up until now, it's 4th day today. How funny.

I wanted to bring to your notice my experience of this phone. I neither recommend nor oppose you for this phone. It's your decision.

I'll write an email to Nokia reporting all these things. Let's see if they would like to any of these problems.

BTW, I was watching a news channel (Bloomberg UTV) few days back and it was interesting to see they were helping customers like us for these problems. They showed how companies like Airtel duped mobile customers by overcharging and their efforts got the matter resolved. I think that will be my last option if nothing works out with Nokia. They had given an email for raising concerns. I don't remember it for now. Will have to search.

• 2012-02-28 09:16
  • w4p8

Asha 200 is awesome phone i like it

• 2012-02-28 08:51
  • PUM{

I've a Nokia Asha 200 bought in the first week of this month. I also faced Echo problem and I took it to Nokia Care centre. They updated the software in about an hour, returned the phone in about same time. The echo problem seems to have gone now. You can also follow the same process if your phone doesn't upgrade software automatically.

Besides the common Echo problem, there are various other problems that this phone has. I'll list them sometime later. Although it's a budget phone and looks nice, I will not recommend this phone to anyone.

• 2012-02-28 07:45
  • w4p8

I cant open mp4 videos wid ths phone.plz tell me if it supports mp4 files.

• 2012-02-28 07:27
  • TL5j

> In reply to irfan @ 2012-02-27 07:55 from PAmi - click to readyou just click the menu button (the big button in the middle of the phone). If you notice, there is indication of red round button on cscreen (on top of that big button). I try to figure out that before, i tried and bingo!

Wish you luck then

• 2012-02-28 04:19
  • 9xEk

Why Nokia cant make Dual Sim set without any problem!?!
You would face either auto re-start or echo problem in them.

• 2012-02-28 00:35
  • 2Cd@

> In reply to sunny @ 2012-02-26 09:42 from KIBq - click to readno ,it has not that quality which u want.........

• 2012-02-27 20:12
  • t}bE

> In reply to munna @ 2012-02-25 12:50 from PBxv - click to readNokia asha 200 phone good phone

• 2012-02-27 17:20
  • rJV4

it has mic(echo) prob. i tried 3 sets ...still i faced d echo problem...wen i turn d loud speaker on den it is alright . ....might b with d software...just check it b4 u buy it

• 2012-02-27 15:21
  • Rx5J

i va also use this phone , this perform good job for me..

• 2012-02-27 15:14
  • KgfN

is there any echo problem and what about camera??

• 2012-02-27 10:55
  • vbVH

i buy this phone yesterday, it is good.. But i cant record fm, there is no option for recording... Pls guide how to record

• 2012-02-27 07:55
  • PAmi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-25 15:15 from fnLW - click to readcan't download opera mini...what's wrong????

• 2012-02-26 22:55
  • p689

i like this phone

• 2012-02-26 22:31
  • wHrS

Hey frnds,

those facing echo problem, mail to nokia customer care, if solutn is not provded.
tell them u r gng to consumer court.

Take case to consumer court, and get ur refund or take new phne frm nokia.

• 2012-02-26 18:22
  • Xuru

Hi, please tell me about the file types available for FM recording (e.g. AWB, AMR, WAV). Thanks.

• 2012-02-26 10:25
  • iwpB

how abt its sound qaulity and camera results can any1 let me know plz

• 2012-02-26 09:57
  • KIBq

can any1 tell me about the camera quality and sound of nokia asha 200 i want honest opinion plz help me out can i expect the sound same as express music has.
reply soon

• 2012-02-26 09:42
  • KIBq

I buy nokia asha 200 4 day ago and its very good set. Have echo problem but its not anyoing here i read many users opinion about echo thats not true after 4 days use i update my asha software to 10.60 and echo problem and slow speed problem solved. I also read here about update problems so i tell u my experience plss use NOKIA PC SUITE 7 latest version and not use " NOKIA SUITE OR OVI SUITE" ok use only only NOKIA PC SUITE7 latest version ok thnx bye

• 2012-02-26 08:58
  • uWJk
Total of 4151 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Asha 200.