siva, 07 Mar 2012gives echo while talking
but internet speed is good
cont browse youtube
video's does not ... moreGot this phone today. Main requirement was dual SIM.
1) Had echo problem, but was resolved with Firmware (46MB in size) upgrade via Nokia Suite. There are some problems with current version of Nokia Suite (3.3.x), because of which it crashes while doing update check. Follow the below steps to avoid those crashes and successfully upgrade firmware:
open C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Suite\productapi\productapiconfiguration.xml file in any text editor
find RM-800 SD
and change it to: RM-800 NA
also find RM-761 SD
and change it to: RM-761 NA
Nokia Suite 3.4 will have this issue resolved in future.
2) Camera is 2MP, but that is not my requirement. With the new firmware upgrade, hopefully I should have no camera issues.
3) Nokia clearly states it is a dual stand by, meaning if one SIM is busy in call or sms, other sim will be out of range.
4) This phone is not for heavy browsing! Do not expect it to give lightning speeds at the price it comes for.
5) OS is S40, which is not as good as S60, but quite better than Samsung Dual phones with Bada in same price range.
6) Screen brightness is not user-changeable, even after the firmware upgrade, which is somewhat a miss, hopefully will be solved with one more future upgrade.
7) Symbians are never popular for apps, so the 10MB that I have, will mostly be used for Contact details and SMS.
This is a basic dual SIM phone, so do not expect smartphone things out of it. But build quality looks robust. Uses the same battery as the 5233. My previous 5233 used to easily last 5 days per charge, so this phone should last at least 4 days (its a dual SIM hence may be less), but have to check it out still. And its a Made in India phone - salesman informed me it is made at Chennai plant.
Disclaimer: I have used Nokia phones all my life, hence may have affinity for it. 3310, 5233, E50, E63, E72, 200. Other than E50, all phones were great.
i dont know about this phone..but i asking u guys.... is this a good phone or not..and what is best phone of nokia dual sim in about 5000 rs.
IS this set can receive call in both 2 sim at a time?
is the 2 sim stand by at a time? Like sansung c-3212?
I like its size and shape.only that its in-built mb is just too low and talking pictures is slow andalways questioned.
Are there any problems since the internal memory is only 10 mb? 10mb seems very very less!
Could someone also give me a comparison between nokia x201 and asha 200?Which one do you suggest is better?
Thanks in advance!
update your asha's to 10.61 using nokia suite, much better performance, faster loading, no echo, signal streght better :)
I have used this set but Really Disappointed from the quality due to
1- Sound ECO problem
2- When we use Internet we are unable to receive any Call or SMS from any SIM, which is major blunder. During using of Internet your mobile seems powered off for Other.
3- During sending of SMS the other SIM shows powered Off.
Please don't purchase that set. It is wastage of Money. It is Failed Model of Nokia
for any comments plz Email: email@example.com
Ashaya2u, 06 Mar 2012I read d specificatns of the phone and thought that it would have been better if it has WLAN: ... morebetter to buy Asha 303 this model has a wifi tchnolog or C3.
200 has no wife but has a bluetooth.
Nokia Asha 200 is with resionable price, but why the dual sim mode is refrest slowly after it used with another network? and why it is showly to make dial call? Regards
The phone is good but, d only flaw about it is dat, d battery is'nt tight on it battery space. I mean it normally off unaware, sometimes a slight hit on the phone also makes it to turn off. Please, try to make amendment on this.
S@ndy, 07 Mar 2012I'm in dilemma whether 2 buy x2-02 or asha 200.... I dnt c any differences in specifications.... moreDear the difference is very clear, you can operate Qwerty Keypad on Asha 200 whereas on X2-2 its normal keypad so typing messages takes time in it.