Nokia Asha 303 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

6.9
6.5
6.5

how do i install or download skyp on my asha 303 can any body help me?

• 2012-04-14 11:00
  • N7AQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-11 07:28 from vx04 - click to readCreate my streaming account in personal config settings and activate it

• 2012-04-14 00:17
  • t7Xh

I personally own one of this asha 303, well probably a gift from my parents, and a replacement phone, my old phone is the nokia 3120classic.

I have this phone for almost two months now, I use it in school, doing research, thanks to the onboard wifi connectivity, and even without wifi, you can access the internet smoothly, because of its 3.5g network capability.

The camera here is good, the UI of the cam is very much appealing to me. What I miss is the flash, I get used to it on my old 3120classic, so taking pictures at night is not that good.

Well, the video is good. It also has a good microphone, thanks to it, Ive captured my memorable highschool memories even just for a month.

It also has a big carrying capacity, capable of handling memory cards up to 32gb, mine has only 8gb of memory.

It to me is user friendly, for it has the same OS to my old phone. It is also a social hub, Fb chat, fb, tweeter, yahoo in the homescreen.

Here are the problems that Ive encountered upon using it.

- IT SUDDENLY RESTARTS ITSELF
even when reading a text message, or scrolling for pictures, the screen suddenly freezes, then it would go blank, then comes on again but then shuts down, then when you press on any keys it is now back on.

- JUMBLED SMS ON THREAD

yep, after constant conversation with friends (the Philippines is said to be the Text Capital of the World) you will suddenly see the text of other contacts on the same thread. But it is fixed after restarting the phone.

- NO CAMERA FLASH!!!!!

Yep, as what I have said earlier, I miss the flash, oh how I wish nokia added flash to this, hope.

- CONTENTS ON THE MUSIC PLAYER NEVER SEEMS TO GET OFF

deleted songs or vids never seems to get out of the library. Even after restarting the phone.

- THE MANUAL SAYS THERE IS NOKIA MAP, BUT I CANT FIND THAT APP ANYWHERE ON THE PHONE.

on the memory card, you can see the cities folder, lots of stuff in it but MAPS on the menu, is absolutely missing.

- THE "TEMP" FOLDER ON THE MEMORY CARD, EATING SPACE.

I dont know what's in that folder, but time after time it is growing, onetime it reached 500mb. Any news bout this?

- YOUTUBE : ONLY IN WIFI

yep, it seems that youtube only plays in wifi, as of what Ive experienced.

Amid all of this, I still love this phone, perfect for my needs, social media, researching on-the-spot, photography, videography, games etc. Asha 303 rocks :)

• 2012-04-13 18:18
  • v0qx

Hello i would like to ask how to fix the social app on my asha 303 it says invalid application i tried to delete it but it says not allowed and i have another problem with the nokia browser it says there is a new version of the browser then after i download it and open the browser it says conflicting app i hope you can answer my questions im from the nepal..

• 2012-04-13 15:28
  • 7w4r

Asha I have a 303 ​​and my problem is that when I come in broswer or different applications are connected to the Internet, 303 asha not ask me how I want to connect to Wi-fi or my mobile operator. It connects automatically and it is a cost problem, because I may be in an area covered with Wi-Fi wireless. Please someone answer me, how should I do to keep on striking dial wall

• 2012-04-13 13:55
  • m1We

> In reply to tilakkumar @ 2012-04-12 16:46 from PSMI - click to readLookss like you are a paid agent of nokia.
There is nothing true in this post and can be well identified by the comments of people posting here.

For the record, Nokia has lost its company because it was unable to coup up the competition of smart phones!

Duh!

• 2012-04-13 04:53
  • sSPt
  • F

> In reply to ju @ 2012-04-11 11:26 from fsV9 - click to readyes it has.. but on my asha the quality of the video on youtube is not that worth to watch, because when you play a video, a color green and gray will appear on screen while it playing.. thats why i returned it to nokia to fix the problem.. hopefully they can fix it.. when you try please reply here if your youtube is ok to play a video.. tnx

• 2012-04-12 18:33
  • uSSB

Nokia Asha 303 offers whatsapp, DRM and zynga TV
Being the leader of Smartphones, Nokia is well recognized for its best quality hardwares, customer care centers and offering latest features with reasonable price tags.
Nokia Asha 303 is the first smartphone that offers all the premium mobile phone features at an affordable price.
Whatsapp is a cross platform instant messaging application with which users can exchange images, video and audio media messages. Asha 303 is designed with the whatsapp that directly reads your contact book and sets the real time status of your friends. It facilitates free messaging, free A/V sharing and free files transfer. This facility is only available in very premium handset, but Nokia has launched all these with a very affordable price
Asha 303 also enables DRM facilities with dual speakers and High Definition music qualities, special software sensors giving HD speaker output and Noise control earphones. Nokia’s special DRM feature gives access to over 40 million sound tracks with touch to download service.
Apart all zynga TV offers live and exclusive videos and TV channels in HD modes.
So what are you waiting for? Grab it now.

• 2012-04-12 16:46
  • PSMI

yup youtube well ran i use opera mini. Faster browsing. Just download it from www.m.operamini.com

• 2012-04-12 13:58
  • Rxj{

guys, help, when i deleted a song, the song not remove from media, already refresh but still the same, i try to delete from media, but unable to delete...how?? :(

• 2012-04-12 06:33
  • KZJc

> In reply to ju @ 2012-04-11 11:26 from fsV9 - click to readi cant play a video nor a YouTube clip on my unit, some picture were not shown clearly, also some picture were blank every time i open a clip or a site

• 2012-04-12 06:10
  • v0Xi

Reasons to select Nokia Asha 303 smartphone

Every mobile phone has various facilities which is vary depend on the model. The Asha 303 has also a lots of advantages and some of the unique and main advantages of the same can be listed as below..
• It is a touch and type phone but comes with a wide big screen having a full QWERTY keyboard.
• The Asha 303 has the facility of Micro-USB, 3mm audio jack and a charger plug. Users can charge the device by using the same even on-the-go.
• It is a light weight phone and best for easy handling. This simple but stylish handset is only 99 grams.
• The Nokia Asha 303 has the series40 messaging standard which support all types of messages like SMS, MMS, Audio messages and as well as the flash messages.
• The battery backup of the Asha 303 phone is very good. By using the 2G network users can talk up to 8.20 minutes while in 3G network users may talk up to 7 hours 20 minutes.
• It comes with an improved web browser with some new features. It shows auto suggestions during the typing in the URL bar of the browser.
• As per the announced by Nokia users can enjoy unlimited music upto 47 hours. The phone can be keep in standby position for a long time i.e. in 3G network for 840 hours and in 2G network for maximum 720 hours.
• It has a Stereo FM radio with RDS facility through which one can search the available channels and save them. The information and the frequency of the RDS is appeared in the home screen of the phone.
• The IM and chat feature is also available in the phone which supports various chat apps like GTalk, Facebook chat, Windows Live, OVI chat, yahoo messenger etc.

• 2012-04-12 05:26
  • H4vw

my social application being corrupted? If i update it to ovi well my social application well back? Then i think my asha 303 got a virus because of downloading ,, not in store. Where can i find anti virus application? Every one know's here? Plz help

• 2012-04-11 14:02
  • Rxj{

please tell me. Does youtube run on nokia 303?

• 2012-04-11 11:26
  • fsV9

it really poor quality phone , am fed up even in a week.........poor cam results having tough touch performance. am surprise what the hell Nokia introduce Asha 303.............

• 2012-04-11 10:55
  • KIY0

thers's a small piont on nokia asha 303,what's that can any one tell me?

• 2012-04-11 07:55
  • ITW8

hello guys.. what is the settings of your asha 303 to play youtube??... mine doesn't play youtube.. i'm from philippines.. reply asap... thanks!!

• 2012-04-11 07:28
  • vx04

the problem with this phone, it restarts automatically but i notice that a lot of nokia phones have this characteristics like my nokia n96 and nokia x3-00

• 2012-04-11 03:59
  • vaNH

> In reply to Wild_tango @ 2012-03-28 06:01 from L5$s - click to readSame problem faced here too. Dont know what to do

• 2012-04-10 16:55
  • 2S}9

Hi. I'm planning on buying a new phone. I don`t want it to be too expensive like a Blackberry or Samsung Galaxy but I want it to be techy, user friendly, stylish, media playable, good quality. I dont want a BB (though my parents keep offering it) and Galaxy and Wave are just as expensive. The last phone I had was a LG Prada but it broke (and I loved it so much) and we had to send it to repairs 3 times till my dad just told me to drop it. I`m looking for a similar phone but much cheaper. I`m not much of a social person so I don`t need BBM, Twitter or anything. So long it's nice, sturdy, elegant and can play music real well, plus a lot of customized settings, I'm good.
So I wanted to know if this is any good?

• 2012-04-10 14:53
  • 3xJt
Total of 2634 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Asha 303.