abhishek, 13 Aug 2013We think asha 501 is far better than galaxy y. Reason-3.2 mp long batery life. Good design. Fa... moreHow can you compare Nokia 501 to galaxy y. They are not in the same class. Except you are a paid agent.
prince, 11 Aug 2013Which phone is good samsung galaxy y or asha 501 or galaxy star. Pls suggest me?We think asha 501 is far better than galaxy y. Reason-3.2 mp long batery life. Good design. Fastlane w4 fi
Guys, Guys, Guys.......
jus imagine a branded which use to rule d indian market for a very long tym. Its pricing is jus below 5200.
wat do u expect from a good co. U wish to hav a 8mp camera wid 2 gb ram. No no, never.
its good luks steal d heart. Co, know its ur hard earned money but after all its a electronic device. If some1 wish for all of android apps in a 10series symbian phone den, go for a cheap cheap cheap android phone.
NOKIA make us fool.
In every website, even in the NOKIA's official website, it is mention that battery backup (considering the talktime) is 17 hours.
But my phone lasted for just 7 hours (6 AM to 1 PM) in which I downloaded the 140 MB (total) data videos (35 MB of each video, total 4 videos). The net speed was superb even in the less network coverage.
And the main problem is that it hangs a lot.
its a very bad phon. does not support whats app, adobe reader and many other apps. ear phon not very gud. alarm volume so lite and not dual stand by sim.
This mobile could not play perfect MP4, HD quality videos,this is bad,it is having low capacity of RAM,
It is unethical to over estimate something for the purpose of making it relevant without taking other facts into consideration.
friends nokia 210 is hundred time beter than 501 because 210 suport whtsapp and 501 yet not.
i want tu buy nokia asha 501
those who hav buy it
give me suggution abt its quality n performence plzzzzzzzzzz
Im in need of purchasing 5K essential mobile.
My choices are Nokia 501 or Nokia 301. Please suggest me which is better.?
Vivek Chary, 13 Aug 2013Please consider below things below things before u gonna purchase it! I have purchased this... moreRight vivek, this phone is so not bad or not good but simple person can use this phone. I have same porblem as u . Thnx to your comment
Debiprasad Jana, 13 Aug 2013hey guys pls help me out... iwant to ans those guys who have this phone already.. is this p... moreOnly Wechat and Line apps. Still no whats app. I think nokia is working on that and will update whats app soon!
Please consider below things below things before u gonna purchase it!
I have purchased this Nokia Asha 501 15 days ago. These are my experienced defects with it!
1. No pdf. reader in it.
2. No copy/cut paste feature in it.
3. No FM recording option.
4. No Call recording option.
5. No multiple files sharing of music.(i.e., u cannot send Audio files more than one song at a time via bluetooth or any medium . even u cannot share any album at once.) One more thing u cannot share any things other than audio and video files through this phone.
6. Coming to alarm. I don't know why they gave this feature. as we dont have any option to change the volume of alarm. By default Alarm sound was fixed and it is very light so that u cannot even know that ur phone is sounding alarm while u are in sleep!
7. No full Java / nokia store apps support!
8. We can't enable Java script in its Browser!
9. It do not have even a basic Units converter also!
10. Coming to its proximity sensor. its not so good! while u are attending your call through ear phones. screen will be turned off. so that u cannot even disconnect your call by pressing any key soon.
11. One more Important thing to say that Nokia had not provided this worst ear phones ever in the earlier, as it don't have any call buttons or any thing. By seeing them we can't believe that they are of Nokia Brand!
12. we can't find the date at any place on the screen except in the calender. it don't have the feature to display the date. I will get irritated when I don't see the date when i need it Immediately.
13. And the Last defect is as Nokia said it is dual standby but not Dual active. while u are browsing internet though one sim the other sim automatically gets switched off. so U cannot use Internet for long time so that u cannot receive the calls/sms on other sim while u are browsing on one sim.
The remaining features are awesome than ever.
Hope Nokia will update atleast some of the above features through its Phone update feature...