Debiprasad Jana, 13 Aug 2013hey guys pls help me out... iwant to ans those guys who have this phone already.. is this p... moreOnly Wechat and Line apps. Still no whats app. I think nokia is working on that and will update whats app soon!
Please consider below things below things before u gonna purchase it!
I have purchased this Nokia Asha 501 15 days ago. These are my experienced defects with it!
1. No pdf. reader in it.
2. No copy/cut paste feature in it.
3. No FM recording option.
4. No Call recording option.
5. No multiple files sharing of music.(i.e., u cannot send Audio files more than one song at a time via bluetooth or any medium . even u cannot share any album at once.) One more thing u cannot share any things other than audio and video files through this phone.
6. Coming to alarm. I don't know why they gave this feature. as we dont have any option to change the volume of alarm. By default Alarm sound was fixed and it is very light so that u cannot even know that ur phone is sounding alarm while u are in sleep!
7. No full Java / nokia store apps support!
8. We can't enable Java script in its Browser!
9. It do not have even a basic Units converter also!
10. Coming to its proximity sensor. its not so good! while u are attending your call through ear phones. screen will be turned off. so that u cannot even disconnect your call by pressing any key soon.
11. One more Important thing to say that Nokia had not provided this worst ear phones ever in the earlier, as it don't have any call buttons or any thing. By seeing them we can't believe that they are of Nokia Brand!
12. we can't find the date at any place on the screen except in the calender. it don't have the feature to display the date. I will get irritated when I don't see the date when i need it Immediately.
13. And the Last defect is as Nokia said it is dual standby but not Dual active. while u are browsing internet though one sim the other sim automatically gets switched off. so U cannot use Internet for long time so that u cannot receive the calls/sms on other sim while u are browsing on one sim.
The remaining features are awesome than ever.
Hope Nokia will update atleast some of the above features through its Phone update feature...
hey guys pls help me out...
iwant to ans those guys who have this phone already..
is this phone supports. whatsapp.. or we chat or line chat???
pls replay????? i want to buy this week
Ratnesh, 13 Aug 2013you can not download more than 20-25 mb file size over internet......Me downloaded 38 mb vdo on asha 501 without any problem...
Anonymous, 12 Aug 2013Hows the battery life of asha 501..Planning to buy 1..have continues phone calls whole day..Its battery quality is awesome...
guys, can anybody tell me that how to download apps from nokia store via pc...
you can not download more than 20-25 mb file size over internet......
May I know is this phone support mandarin? I mean read chinese words and its input. Thanks a lot!
knockyah, 12 Aug 2013how fast is the internet? watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVbWkEn-egIt is very slow even though the video is NON-HQ.
You cannot switch between applications....it doesnt support multitasking
Hows the battery life of asha 501..Planning to buy 1..have continues phone calls whole day..
already have wechat,line and whatsapp is comming...motorbike3d is also here..having this phone from 7 days..no problem at all..2 days bettry backup and eye catching design...good camera quality and a great os...you can do chat,messaging,wechat or even call when browsing by opening notification bar and just click back button to get back on browser...simply great phone
Please tell me can I open three or four apps simultaneously?Can I jump one app to another without closing each?
Yash, 11 Aug 2013This phone is quite handy but the ram is limited. Good camera and quite responsive touch scree... morethe double tap on screen to wake the phone is not so responsive BUT if you double tap at the casing on the back its much easier to wake up the phone.
now when i want to wake up the phone, i double tap the phone casing (at the back). can operate with one hand though. must be nokia special feature :)
guys now iam using lumia 520
previously i used samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830
i got bored of using android and windows...... :(
can i buy nokia asha 501..????
is this good for dialy use..????